ESPN Ranks Jets Worst NFL and 2nd Worst Overall Sports Franchise | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Ranks Jets Worst NFL and 2nd Worst Overall Sports Franchise

i hate the jets as much as anybody, but they r not the 2nd worst franchise in all of sports.

as bad as they r, 1 superbowl win and only 1 appearance, all those terrible draft picks, losing seasons, whatever it is, to say they r the 2nd worst franchise out of all 4 major sports is ridiculous

In just football terms, the lions are worse, cardinals are pretty bad aside from a few good years here and there, in the nba, the clippers, i am not going to go through every franchise 1 by 1, and trust me i ****ing hate the jets and they are pathetic franchise, but 2nd worst in all major sports is pushing it.

they r bad, but not 2nd worst bad.

some other folks may not be smart enough to understand this but you certainly are. How in the world can the Jets be the worst franchise in the NFL and worse but all but 1 across the 4 major sports? That's asinine.

Westhoff didn't say anything negative on Mark, if anything he was complimentary about him.

I think we'd be 3-0 w/ Mark but we are 2-1 w/ Geno and he'll get better. Our D might be the best we have had under rex.

Slow down there. Way too early to call a guy who has never been in a postseason race a franchise QB.

are you talking about the 2-1 Jets? man we really suck.
Be objective Junc. You were gifted a game, which is a part of football, and you won against a very weak secondary. The Jets have a very good defense again but over the next 9 weeks your schedule is brutal. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you go at best 3-6 over that stretch. If the Jets go better then 3-6 in that stretch, I'll be the first to admit I am impressed.

As for our franchise QB I recognize it's early but I am calling it now. He can put this team on his back and win. He has shown no signs of inconsistency and has ratcheted his game up tremendously in these first few weeks of year 2. He just beat Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck back to back which is pretty damn impressive.

As for the ranking, it's a great way to poke fun at a rival.

i hate the jets as much as anybody, but they r not the 2nd worst franchise in all of sports.

as bad as they r, 1 superbowl win and only 1 appearance, all those terrible draft picks, losing seasons, whatever it is, to say they r the 2nd worst franchise out of all 4 major sports is ridiculous

In just football terms, the lions are worse, cardinals are pretty bad aside from a few good years here and there, in the nba, the clippers, i am not going to go through every franchise 1 by 1, and trust me i ****ing hate the jets and they are pathetic franchise, but 2nd worst in all major sports is pushing it.

it's not 2nd worst all time it's 2nd worst currently and worse NFL franchise currently which is a joke when we have been one of the better franchises this Century.

Be objective Junc. You were gifted a game, which is a part of football, and you won against a very weak secondary. The Jets have a very good defense again but over the next 9 weeks your schedule is brutal. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you go at best 3-6 over that stretch. If the Jets go better then 3-6 in that stretch, I'll be the first to admit I am impressed.

As for our franchise QB I recognize it's early but I am calling it now. He can put this team on his back and win. He has shown no signs of inconsistency and has ratcheted his game up tremendously in these first few weeks of year 2. He just beat Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck back to back which is pretty damn impressive.

As for the ranking, it's a great way to poke fun at a rival.

How come every time we win it is a gift? Indy not finishing last week, playing Cle and then Atl's kicker missing an easy FG are not gifts? We had 20 penalties and won, what gifts did we get?

Schedules look brutal on paper just as yours did but it isn't looking as bad now, is it? we may go 0-9 the next 9 games but:

at Ten- winnable
at Atl- not impossible
Pitt- very winnable
NE- winnable
at Cin- tough
NO- tough
at Buf- winnable
at Bal- winnable
Mia- winnable

There is a better chance we go 3-6 than 6-3 but there isn't a game in there where I say we have no chance like I thought coming into the year.

How come every time we win it is a gift? Indy not finishing last week, playing Cle and then Atl's kicker missing an easy FG are not gifts? We had 20 penalties and won, what gifts did we get?

Uh, Indy "not finishing" because Miami defense stepped up. Atlanta missing a 3 point field goal doesn't mean anything when Miami won by 4 points. Those aren't gifts.

Getting a questionable 15 yard penalty to put the Jets within field goal range with less than a minute into the game is a gift.

And since you want to talk about missed field goals being gifts, let's talk about one of the playoff wins you like to bring up all the time. You know, the one where Kaeding couldn't hit field goals?

Oh, it's after 9am and before 5pm on a weekday. I wonder who's posting on Finheaven?

TB could easily be 2-1, Buf would be 2-1 if they beat us, NE is 3-0. Indy would be 3-0 if they beat you, Cle is 1-2, Atl is 1-2. You guys are doing a great job and you look for real but it is still early. We were supposed to suck, be the worst team in the league and we are off to a good start.

You mean the 0-3 team that's the kind of internal mess that rivals the clubhouse imploding on a clueless Rex? The team ranked 31st in scoring and 25th in point differential? The team that just got humiliated by the Pats on dry ground? How about Buffalo who beat that powerhouse Carolina.. who going into yesterday's game averaged only 19ppg vs 2 mediocre Ds and permitted a depleted NE score 23 against them at home? The team that ranks 20th in scoring and 17th in pts allowed? Gift to the jets by the Bucs notwithstanding, very impressive indeed.

Now let's look at why Indy is 2-1 vs 3-0.. it's because although they handled one of the SB teams handily, they lost to us in their own crib.. where luck was 7-1 going into that game! Why is Atlanta 1-2 instead of 2-1? Because Tannehill outdueled MattyMelt in crunch time and our D represented when they most needed to! You beat two '12 combined sub.500 woebegone teams from last season. And just barely. We beat 2 playoff teams (both of whom got there legitimately instead of having the postseason gift wrapped because an already clinched team considered them a late season meaningless game). We beat 2 top 10 QBs including 1 who just traveled west to pummell one of the 2 reigning Conference Championships. Notice I didn't bring up Cleveland.. cuz although their D is formidible, beating them earns us about the same bragging rights as being gifted the TB and 1 TD win over the Bills.

Our coaching is precise.. Philbin would not have made some of the boneheaded onfield decisions that your glorofied DC did yesterday. As one of the least penalized teams in the league, do you really think committing 20 penalties yourself (and don't forget the 13/101yd of penalties the disarrayed Bucs committed as part of your gift in game 1), would have kept you in the game against us? We'd have won by 2 TDs at least, so please don't delude yourself by what for you so far can be characterized kindly as "fantasy wins."

You may be right but since perception is reality (I mean look at Junk believing Sanchez was ever worth more than an ala carte Taco), the fact that ESPN and their professional pollsters believe it, makes it so for them. Regardless, I think unless you're a blind homer, the consensus most objective objservers can reach is that regardless of pure numbers (and I might even agree that the Marlins are more pathetic), the Jest are downright "pitiful" eh?

You may be right but since perception is reality (I mean look at Junk believing Sanchez was ever worth more than an ala carte Taco), the fact that ESPN and their professional pollsters believe it, makes it so for them. Regardless, I think unless you're a blind homer, the consensus most objective objservers can reach is that regardless of pure numbers (and I might even agree that the Marlins are more pathetic), the Jest are downright "pitiful" eh?

i deff agree with u that the jets r pitful, but there are so many worse franchises in sports as a whole.

in the nfl they r deff one of the more pathetic franchises, but even in the nfl they r not ''the most'' pathetic. maybe i have my numbers totally wrong, but didnt the lions go 53 years without a playoff win or am i just making that up? now thats truly pathetic.

but ya, in the grand scheme of things, we can agree, the jets blow, and although they are doing better than i thought they would this year, there sched is about to get tough, at ten, at atl, vs pitt, vs ne, at cin i believe, lots of tough games coming up.

it's not 2nd worst all time it's 2nd worst currently and worse NFL franchise currently which is a joke when we have been one of the better franchises this Century.

Schedules look brutal on paper just as yours did but it isn't looking as bad now, is it? we may go 0-9 the next 9 games but:

at Ten- winnable
at Atl- not impossible
Pitt- very winnable
NE- winnable
at Cin- tough
NO- tough
at Buf- winnable
at Bal- winnable
Mia- winnable

There is a better chance we go 3-6 than 6-3 but there isn't a game in there where I say we have no chance like I thought coming into the year.
Are you really going to compare a defensive stand with a stupid push out of bounds putting your kicker in FG range to win?

Hiw does the missed FG win the game? If he makes it Miami still wins by 1.

20 penalties should be an indication of a poor performance don't you think?

Uh, Indy "not finishing" because Miami defense stepped up. Atlanta missing a 3 point field goal doesn't mean anything when Miami won by 4 points. Those aren't gifts.

Getting a questionable 15 yard penalty to put the Jets within field goal range with less than a minute into the game is a gift.

And since you want to talk about missed field goals being gifts, let's talk about one of the playoff wins you like to bring up all the time. You know, the one where Kaeding couldn't hit field goals?
Well put but I am afraid you won't get an answer because you can't spin these simple facts.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

If we dont make it this year that would be tough, 3 years is a long time for us I agree.

But we are in rebuilding mode and are still managing to stay competitive. I'll take it.
And I'll take our franchise QB over those 2 precious near misses Jets fans cling to. I understand your disappoint in realizing that the Dolphins have something the Jets never have had past or present, a legitimate franchise QB. Well you have my sympathy and good luck with Geno Smith. At least he's an upgrade over Sanchez.

I am not taking anything away just pointing out we can make excuses for any game and the pressure is much different in a 4 pt game than a 3 pt game. 3 pt game you have a FG to fall back on.

Stop w/ the gifts stuff, you guys got away w/ 2 awful calls in Indy on a roughing Out of bounds and a blatant PI that weren't called- this stuff is all part of the game. We can make excuses for every win and loss.

You mean the 0-3 team that's the kind of internal mess that rivals the clubhouse imploding on a clueless Rex? The team ranked 31st in scoring and 25th in point differential? The team that just got humiliated by the Pats on dry ground? How about Buffalo who beat that powerhouse Carolina.. who going into yesterday's game averaged only 19ppg vs 2 mediocre Ds and permitted a depleted NE score 23 against them at home? The team that ranks 20th in scoring and 17th in pts allowed? Gift to the jets by the Bucs notwithstanding, very impressive indeed.

Now let's look at why Indy is 2-1 vs 3-0.. it's because although they handled one of the SB teams handily, they lost to us in their own crib.. where luck was 7-1 going into that game! Why is Atlanta 1-2 instead of 2-1? Because Tannehill outdueled MattyMelt in crunch time and our D represented when they most needed to! You beat two '12 combined sub.500 woebegone teams from last season. And just barely. We beat 2 playoff teams (both of whom got there legitimately instead of having the postseason gift wrapped because an already clinched team considered them a late season meaningless game). We beat 2 top 10 QBs including 1 who just traveled west to pummell one of the 2 reigning Conference Championships. Notice I didn't bring up Cleveland.. cuz although their D is formidible, beating them earns us about the same bragging rights as being gifted the TB and 1 TD win over the Bills.

Our coaching is precise.. Philbin would not have made some of the boneheaded onfield decisions that your glorofied DC did yesterday. As one of the least penalized teams in the league, do you really think committing 20 penalties yourself (and don't forget the 13/101yd of penalties the disarrayed Bucs committed as part of your gift in game 1), would have kept you in the game against us? We'd have won by 2 TDs at least, so please don't delude yourself by what for you so far can be characterized kindly as "fantasy wins."

So TB is in turmoil but SF isn't? have you seen what is going on there?

Let's see the great Philbin win 4 playoff games this year to match the glorofoed DC after 2 years.

Are you really going to compare a defensive stand with a stupid push out of bounds putting your kicker in FG range to win?

Hiw does the missed FG win the game? If he makes it Miami still wins by 1.

20 penalties should be an indication of a poor performance don't you think?

If he makes it then game is a 4 pt game, you think the game plays out exactly the same down 4 vs. down 3? down 3 you have the safety net of kicking a FG to tie. it's all pointless, they missed the FG, you scored the TD and won. You earned it. All these excuses are silly.

I look at the positives, we beat a team w/ 20 penalties(at least a 1/3 were awful calls not including an obvious fumble they missed)- that's hard to do.

Well put but I am afraid you won't get an answer because you can't spin these simple facts.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

And I'll take our franchise QB over those 2 precious near misses Jets fans cling to.

Your "franchise" QB has never even been in a playoff race and may never get to a title game. You take the unknown now, let's see what you are saying in a few years. Most here would have said the same thing about Henne a few years ago.

And I'll take our franchise QB over those 2 precious near misses Jets fans cling to.

It looks like you do have a franchise QB, can't argue that. But it's still about getting to the playoffs and then winning a Super Bowl. End of the day, that's all that matters. We've put ourselves in a better position to accomplish that then you have over the last 13 or so years. But that's in the past. Maybe now things are turning, franchise QB's are the most important thing to a teams success. Still gotta get it done long term though. Nobody is going to care that you were 3-0 to start the season if you finish up poorly.

Your definitely the better team this year. But i'm fine with being considered not a real threat for once. We'll play the underdog role. Like I said we are rebuilding and if we can rebuild this year, watch our dominant front 7 continue to grow and get even better and manage to hang around with a chance to win 8-10 games i'd consider that a huge success.

Back
Top Bottom