Espn Rips The Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Rips The Bills

Brassmonki14120

Ο πόνος αισθήματος καταπίνει το πέος
Reaction score
www.profootballtalk.com

ESPN RIPS THE BILLS

We haven't watched many of the "On the Clock" segments that have been aired on SportsCenter over the past few weeks. Primarily because we rarely watch SportsCenter.Primarily because SportsCenter has become unwatchable for anyone older than 15 who has an IQ higher than 16.

But we saw Sunday's "On the Clock" feature regarding the Buffalo Bills, and we were shocked at how mercilessly Chris Mortensen, Darren Woodson, and Mel Kiper Jr. trashed the franchise.

They focused primarily on the fact that four veterans are now gone -- running back Willis McGahee, linebacker London Fletcher-Baker-Robbins-Oppenheim-and-Taft, cornerback Nate Clements, and linebacker Takeo Spikes. And the trio suggested that the franchise is merely cutting payroll, possibly in advance of a sale of the team.

But they completely ignored the fact that the Bills paid big money to defensive end Chris Kelsay and offensive linemen Langston Walker and Derrick Dockery.

In our view, the piece was fully out of balance, and we were shocked that none of those three guys presented a more accurate view of the team.

First of all, McGahee was moved because McGahee wanted out. Destined to be a free agent in 2008, the Bills got what they could for him now, which was a package including two first-day picks. Though they might have been able to get Clements to take Derrick Dockery money in the fall of 2006, we can't fault the Bills for not getting into the overbidding for Clements in March. He is a solid corner but no Champ Bailey. The Niners clearly overpaid.

As to the two linebackers who aren't there anymore, well, they're both on the old side -- and Spikes possibly is on the down side.

Getting dissed is fine and dandy for the Bills. It's always better to be among the overlooked NFL franchises, since it's easier to catch the teams that are supposed to be "better" on paper off guard.

Depending on whether they can get a top-notch tailback in round one, we think the Bills will be a factor in 2007. Even if the guys at ESPN are ready to write them off.

Then again, it was Mel Kiper who suggested prior to the 2001 season that the Patriots could be the first team in NFL history to go 0-16. Mel was only a little bit off in his assessment.

Well I too agree that the Bills will be very bad. What reason do they have to beleive they will compete? Losing 4 of your 6 best players is pretty depleting to a team with McGahee, Spikes, Fletcher and Clements all leaving, I don't see a lot of room for optimism. Sure they got some OLmen, but breaking the bank on above average players is never smart.

Well I too agree that the Bills will be very bad. What reason do they have to beleive they will compete? Losing 4 of your 6 best players is pretty depleting to a team with McGahee, Spikes, Fletcher and Clements all leaving, I don't see a lot of room for optimism. Sure they got some OLmen, but breaking the bank on above average players is never smart.
Let me guess the Dolphins will be a contender this year?:shakeno: I smell a serious HOMER!:cooldude:

Let me guess the Dolphins will be a contender this year?:shakeno: I smell a serious HOMER!:cooldude:

Is it so bad to hear someone's opinion that is the opposite of yours? Even if you felt Buffalo would go 10-6 this year, would you still have to think of a comeback to every person who thinks Buffalo won't do well this year?

Even if we went 0-16 and said that Buffalo wouldn't be good either, it's like you'd STILL have a comment on it.

Is it so bad to hear someone's opinion that is the opposite of yours? Even if you felt Buffalo would go 10-6 this year, would you still have to think of a comeback to every person who thinks Buffalo won't do well this year?

Even if we went 0-16 and said that Buffalo wouldn't be good either, it's like you'd STILL have a comment on it.
Yes, he would...he's stubborn like that...:wink:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=190359

You have a lot of unrealistic Phin fans on this board.

I don't think so. I don't know what's going to happen this year but I expect big things every year. Sure there are disappointments and all that BS but that's life. Why go through a season with grim hope of doing anything good?

We watch the NFL b/c it makes us proud to be a fan of the team. We enjoy the games, the teams, the tailgating/drinking/eating.

None of that means anything if you think your team will be shiddy this season. Besides, who are you to say who is/isn't realistic about our team?

I don't think so. I don't know what's going to happen this year but I expect big things every year. Sure there are disappointments and all that BS but that's life. Why go through a season with grim hope of doing anything good?

We watch the NFL b/c it makes us proud to be a fan of the team. We enjoy the games, the teams, the tailgating/drinking/eating.

None of that means anything if you think your team will be shiddy this season. Besides, who are you to say who is/isn't realistic about our team?

To say that you wear your aqua shades because the truth may diminish your enjoyment of the season is a total cop-out and basically proves my initial point. One of your own fans stated that only homers would predict the Phins to be contenders this season. Division winners are usually contenders. Who am I too say who's realistic and unrealistic? I'm a Jets fan posting my opinion like anyone else. This is a message board, I disagree with that guy, you disagree with me, etc.

I think it's better to go into a season with reasonable expectations then to shoot for the stars then come crashing down hard when the reality sinks in. Everyone has a little homerism in them. I predicted the Jets at 10-6, but I think 9-7 is more likely and I would deem it a successful year in light of the tougher schedule.

To say that you wear your aqua shades because the truth may diminish your enjoyment of the season is a total cop-out and basically proves my initial point. One of your own fans stated that only homers would predict the Phins to be contenders this season. Division winners are usually contenders. Who am I too say who's realistic and unrealistic? I'm a Jets fan posting my opinion like anyone else. This is a message board, I disagree with that guy, you disagree with me, etc.

I think it's better to go into a season with reasonable expectations then to shoot for the stars then come crashing down hard when the reality sinks in. Everyone has a little homerism in them. I predicted the Jets at 10-6, but I think 9-7 is more likely and I would deem it a successful year in light of the tougher schedule.
hey now dont bring me into the fire....:lol:

Damn ESPN was ripped by PFT, its like a ****** calling someone ******ed.

I think Marv has a plan... and he didn't bother sharing it with the talking dipsheits. I think before we go raggin' on barfalo and laughing at them, we might try beating them every so often....

That ESPN Chat put a big smile on my face.

Only because I have a feeling we'll be good very soon, and it'll prove ESPN is even more dumb than before.

I wonder what they said about the Chargers before the 2004 season started.

:confused: I'm not saying his opinion is right or wrong, I was just commenting on the simple fact that when a rival teams fan says "your team is going to suck" he or she probably has no clue and is counting on his/her team to be great, even when it is obvious to most they won't! I personally think both teams are a year or 2 away, but I honestly think the Bills are closer than the Dolphins, only because of the Dolphins q.b. and o-line situation. I could be totally wrong, have been many times before, but It's my opinion, you saying to keep it to myself? If so, i would like to argue that w/you, come on down to the depths and call me out!:cooldude:

:confused: I'm not saying his opinion is right or wrong, I was just commenting on the simple fact that when a rival teams fan says "your team is going to suck" he or she probably has no clue and is counting on his/her team to be great, even when it is obvious to most they won't! I personally think both teams are a year or 2 away, but I honestly think the Bills are closer than the Dolphins, only because of the Dolphins q.b. and o-line situation. I could be totally wrong, have been many times before, but It's my opinion, you saying to keep it to myself? If so, i would like to argue that w/you, come on down to the depths and call me out!:cooldude:
spurz......you cant let a troll call you out....go handle yo bizness!!:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom