Espn Rips The Bills | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Rips The Bills

Sweetpea, if the Bills draft Marshawn Lynch at #12, Willis will just be a trivia question ... "Who was the Bills' RB before Marshawn?"

If the Bills draft Patrick Willis, the team will not miss London Fletcher-Baker.

Are you aware that 1) Takeo missed 13 games in 2005 with a torn Achilles tendon? 2) that Takeo missed 4 games in 2006 because of a bad hamstring? 3) that Keith Ellison, a rookie LB drafted in the 6th round, ably filled in for Takeo early in the season and also subbed for him later on key passing downs? The Bills have missed the Pro Bowl Takeo Spikes for almost 2 seasons, and they've survived.

Are you aware that Angelo Crowell ably filled in for Spikes in 2005, and that before he was injured in 2006, he was the Bills best LB -- and he was a MLB in college?

Obviously, neither were the guys at ESPN.

The Bills will miss Nate Clements, but that may not be such a big hole if Ashton Youboty steps up.
You forgot to put " Hopefully" in front of all of the statements you made here. You know as well as I do that just because a player succeeds in college doesn't make them future pro bowlers in the NFL. And ESPN has some of the most world reknowned anylists on their staff, but in the same breath they are not running the team, they dont know the story behind the story. And survived is a far cry from winning.

:confused: I'm not saying his opinion is right or wrong, I was just commenting on the simple fact that when a rival teams fan says "your team is going to suck" he or she probably has no clue and is counting on his/her team to be great, even when it is obvious to most they won't! I personally think both teams are a year or 2 away, but I honestly think the Bills are closer than the Dolphins, only because of the Dolphins q.b. and o-line situation. I could be totally wrong, have been many times before, but It's my opinion, you saying to keep it to myself? If so, i would like to argue that w/you, come on down to the depths and call me out!:cooldude:

But look at the Bills QB & RB Situation
Cause IMO Cleo Lemon our 2nd Stringer is better then Loserman

I guess your one of the few that think that, i have seen a bunch of people that said that thought you guys were going to the playoffs this year.

As fans we have the right to have confidence in this feeling. Why even watch the NFL if you think your team has no chance? All we have as NFL fans are our teams. Love 'em no matter what

To say that you wear your aqua shades because the truth may diminish your enjoyment of the season is a total cop-out and basically proves my initial point. One of your own fans stated that only homers would predict the Phins to be contenders this season. Division winners are usually contenders. Who am I too say who's realistic and unrealistic? I'm a Jets fan posting my opinion like anyone else. This is a message board, I disagree with that guy, you disagree with me, etc.

I think it's better to go into a season with reasonable expectations then to shoot for the stars then come crashing down hard when the reality sinks in. Everyone has a little homerism in them. I predicted the Jets at 10-6, but I think 9-7 is more likely and I would deem it a successful year in light of the tougher schedule.

Well I just don't see the fun in going into a season hoping to finish .500

That's just me though. So we crash and burn every year, it happens. Even if we expect to go 5-11, you'll still be PO'd about it. Either way you lose. I personally will always expect great things. If we go 4-12, so be it, life goes on. But if we DO someday get great things, then the ride was worth it all along

:confused: I'm not saying his opinion is right or wrong, I was just commenting on the simple fact that when a rival teams fan says "your team is going to suck" he or she probably has no clue and is counting on his/her team to be great, even when it is obvious to most they won't! I personally think both teams are a year or 2 away, but I honestly think the Bills are closer than the Dolphins, only because of the Dolphins q.b. and o-line situation. I could be totally wrong, have been many times before, but It's my opinion, you saying to keep it to myself? If so, i would like to argue that w/you, come on down to the depths and call me out!:cooldude:

I'll tell ya B-Lo, some of the posts the dudes here in the Depths make are laughable only b/c they do it just to get under your skin, and they succeed.

Dolphin fans saying the Bills suck just doesn't make any sense since you swept us last year. Now the ones who say this might feel we suck too so they just want to create a whole world of BS, I dunno.

I don't want you to keep anything to yourself b/c you obviously wouldn't even if I did. But as far as I know, it's always Bills are better then the Phins. What happens when we have a better year then you? If you sweep us next year but we still go 11-5 while you go 7-9, I KNOW you'll still talk smack about us b/c you swept us.

I'm anxious to see where you'll be once you get swept. Or if we split 1-1.

As fans we have the right to have confidence in this feeling. Why even watch the NFL if you think your team has no chance? All we have as NFL fans are our teams. Love 'em no matter what
Hey now Spurz I never said I didn't love my fins baby......and I sure as heck am not a fair weather fan......

Who runs Pro Football Talk? Are they qualified to make assessments of teams or even assessments of other people's assessments of teams?

Last edited by a moderator:
Enforcerfin33 said:
You forgot to put " Hopefully" in front of all of the statements you made here. You know as well as I do that just because a player succeeds in college doesn't make them future pro bowlers in the NFL. And ESPN has some of the most world reknowned anylists on their staff, but in the same breath they are not running the team, they dont know the story behind the story. And survived is a far cry from winning.

My point is simply that except for Clements, the Bills probably aren't gong to miss these guys for all that long, especially Takeo. I hope Takeo comes back and gets back close to where he was before he was injured and gets to go deep into the playoffs, maybe even the SB, but I think that the Bills had moved on. London Fletcher-Baker is another guy who was probably a better person than a player in Buffalo's new scheme. I wish him well, too. They are both class guys.

I can't blame Nate for looking to get a big pay day, either. The NFL is a business, and teams don't hesitate to cut players if they don't perform, so why should players not take advantage of their opportunities, too? Again, I wish Nate well. Maybe this year the Niners "git r done"!

As for Willis, I hope he grows up so that he won't burn his bridges in Baltimore as he did in Buffalo, but Willis is the proverbial "me player", so that's probably a futile hope. I'd like to have the Ravens come to the Ralph late in the season so that Anthony Thomas can get his 1,000 yards in that game and the Bills either clinch a playoff spot or eliminate the Ravens from the playoffs. That would be sweet, indeed!

Well I just don't see the fun in going into a season hoping to finish .500

That's just me though. So we crash and burn every year, it happens. Even if we expect to go 5-11, you'll still be PO'd about it. Either way you lose. I personally will always expect great things. If we go 4-12, so be it, life goes on. But if we DO someday get great things, then the ride was worth it all along

I gotcha. I expect the Jets to win every week during the season. Or maybe it's more that I believe they have a chance to win every game. Same thing to a certain degree I guess.

Back
Top Bottom