ESPN thinks we should trade Landry to Jags for a 2nd | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN thinks we should trade Landry to Jags for a 2nd

E- veryone
S- uck
P- atriots
N-uts
Team

The other thing to remember with ESPN is that the main location is Bristol, Connecticut in the heart of New England. While many of the on-screen analysts and announcers scrupulously try to be independent, apparently over 80% of the behind the scenes employees are hardcore Patriots fans. In fact, Jonathan Kraft has entertained ESPN employees to thank them for their efforts to promote the NFL (and the Patriots).
Ideas on why Jarvis Landry could be traded may well have surfaced from ESPN Patriot fans. I strongly doubt that it is being seriously considered by the Dolphins.

Yea Laundry reminds me of a better Wes Welker and we know how that worked out for us and the Pats in that trade.

It's outrageous that anyone should suggest we'd take a 2nd for Landry. Through the benefit of the backwards looking glass, if any of the 32 teams needed a receiver as a top priority and being able to foresee the future, Landry would be a top 16 draft pick. Sure you can argue that the need to sign him for big bucks depreciates him as an asset, BUT if you stop to think about it, any team that would trade for him, be it for a first or second round, would understand that they would be obliged to pay him that as well, lest they wasted a 1st or 2nd rounder on a half season rental. He's getting his money regardless and for us his intrinsic value exceeds his market value AFAIC

Just ****ing ponderous. And TBum better get on the stick and get Jarvis signed before he hits the open market. If not, IMO this is more egregious than letting some of the others like Vernon, Miller and Matthews hit the open market and is grounds for dismissal!

I'm interested in seeing the list of these players for argument sake. I can only think of 2 guys that really made an impact and 1 was strictly on special teams...
Sure ...Its not hard for me to remember the Welker debacle or that Chris Hogan (7-11) was in Miami first but how about Rob Ninkovich? Pretty good player...
Bottom line...They should never get any player with promise from a division rival and we all knew Welker had game. Just that trade alone is enough to say never again.

Wrong on Hogan. He developed over three years in Buffalo after we released him. We were strong that year in the preseason with receivers and he wasn't ready. Everyone knows about Welker, was Rob Ninkovich ever in camp with the Dolphins? I don't remember him and if he was he probably wasn't very effective. I would say your list is poor to lacking making your rant look ridiculous. Go sit in the corner

So we should trade Landry for Chad Henne, Jamar Taylor, Johnathan Martin, Daniel Thomas, Pat White? I hate trading effective players for picks.

I say you have to give it a listen to the Jags and any other teams that may call about the possibility. There maybe a playoff bound team that needs that missing player.

Last edited:
Wrong on Hogan. He developed over three years in Buffalo after we released him. We were strong that year in the preseason with receivers and he wasn't ready. Everyone knows about Welker, was Rob Ninkovich ever in camp with the Dolphins? I don't remember him and if he was he probably wasn't very effective. I would say your list is poor to lacking making your rant look ridiculous. Go sit in the corner

We were strong at receiver when we had Hogan? WHAT? We had the worst WR corps entering a season that year that I had ever seen. We had the diminutive though until then productive Davone Bess, a guy who missed all of camp and preseason with an appendectomy after spending two years being by the numbers the least effective no. 2 receiver in the league in Brian Hartline who started by default because there was nobody else and ended up breaking out due to chemistry with Tannehill, and it was all bad, bad from there. Our third receiver entering the year? Legedu Naanee, a guy so bad it took 4 games for him to get his first catch and who was so surprised he promptly tripped over his own feet and fumbled, no joke. Rishard Matthews was a rookie and it took several more years before we trusted him. There was no stable of receivers waiting, we just like a lot of organizations don't take guys like Hogan whose skills are route running and sure hands over athleticism or acrobatics seriously.

We were strong at receiver when we had Hogan? WHAT? We had the worst WR corps entering a season that year that I had ever seen. We had the diminutive though until then productive Davone Bess, a guy who missed all of camp and preseason with an appendectomy after spending two years being by the numbers the least effective no. 2 receiver in the league in Brian Hartline who started by default because there was nobody else and ended up breaking out due to chemistry with Tannehill, and it was all bad, bad from there. Our third receiver entering the year? Legedu Naanee, a guy so bad it took 4 games for him to get his first catch and who was so surprised he promptly tripped over his own feet and fumbled, no joke. Rishard Matthews was a rookie and it took several more years before we trusted him. There was no stable of receivers waiting, we just like a lot of organizations don't take guys like Hogan whose skills are route running and sure hands over athleticism or acrobatics seriously.

What's even more disturbing is that this years recievers are far and away more talented, but the offense can't even score a touchdown. Longing for the Hartline days.

Back
Top Bottom