ESPN thinks we should trade Landry to Jags for a 2nd | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN thinks we should trade Landry to Jags for a 2nd

I agree with your first sentence but not tje examples. Miller isnt living up to his contract and we had Ajayii, no way we should have resigned him. Matthews is a good player but also not worth his contract to us. Same with vernon, great player but got way overpayed. They were all smart decisions not to resign. The horrible moves we made after like Caroo dont change that.
Vernon I might agree with you on in terms of dollars, but the rest were affordable IMO, we had no idea on what we had with Jay A at the time or we would not have signed Foster. All 3 are playing well for their teams. That being said releasing these guys plus some other players last year created some craters on this team we attempted to fill in the draft and free agency. IMO you could see Tannabum trading up in the draft in panic to fill those holes. This year we resigned our own free agents, which was smart IMO as it allows us to draft more reasonably plus sends the message to our players we take care of our own.

Vernon I might agree with you on in terms of dollars, but the rest were affordable IMO, we had no idea on what we had with Jay A at the time or we would not have signed Foster. All 3 are playing well for their teams. That being said releasing these guys plus some other players last year created some craters on this team we attempted to fill in the draft and free agency. IMO you could see Tannabum trading up in the draft in panic to fill those holes. This year we resigned our own free agents, which was smart IMO as it allows us to draft more reasonably plus sends the message to our players we take care of our own.

I still dont thinj miller and Matthews contracts would be worth it to us, but i do see your point about creating holes that our FO is too incompetent to fix.

Trading Landry would be a step backwards. Unless Carroo was lighting it up and looked like a complete stud, I don't think you can fill that gap of game-changing impact any time soon.

I don't listen to a company that hired Skip Bayless and SAS.

Guys relax. It’s just fun trade ideas.

potential talent versus real results and football player.

which is more important to the team?

because parker falls into one category and landry falls into the other.

Reactions: <O>
I wonder how laughable that would be to our FO lol Ya we'll trade our stud receiver for a potential player. Unless they think we'll find another Landry in the 2nd, they're crazy. There's teams that would trade a first for him IMO. Cooks got a 1st rounder..I'm sure receiver needy teams would say "You think we'll find a 2 time pro bowler and a game changer in the first round? Probably not"

Everyone knows if any team gets Landry it will be NE...Look no further than recent trade/pickup history of Miami's most promising players. They go North....WAY North and in our own division none the less.

Will never understand that....
I'm interested in seeing the list of these players for argument sake. I can only think of 2 guys that really made an impact and 1 was strictly on special teams...

A 2nd? lol I don't even think I'd be okay accepting a 1st for him. Landry might be more important than Tannehill. How many times in the last few games has he caught a pass in the 4th on 3rd down and long where he caught it short of the 1st and took it for the first carrying 3-4 guys to bring him down because he won't stop before he gets the first. Landry needs to spend his career here Idc what he cost. Guy is going to finish with most receptions in NFL history through first four years by 50+ receptions and with 600 more yards will finish top 20 for yardage through first four years. I don't care if he plays slot, he's top 5 effective and that's all that matters.

ESPN should go back to doing what they do best bad hottakes, sexual harassment and drugs. WORLD WIDE LEADER!!

Landry, like Ajayi is one of our pump up players. Those 2 get the team all amped up along with Moore. Landry is a proven talent and a number 2 is not. Don't look now but first round pick Harris isn't a playmaker like Landry is. Just goes to show that talent is rare. We have it in Landry, it would be foolish to trade.
We are trying to get to the SB right? So why even think about losing him?

What is this ESPN thing you guys are speaking about? Is it anything like CNN?

Back
Top Bottom