ESPN thinks we should trade Landry to Jags for a 2nd | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN thinks we should trade Landry to Jags for a 2nd

They should probably trade him at this point though. If things don't improve, Landy is going to pull a Rishard Matthews and sign somewhere else to become a big money superstar.

Can't do that at this point imo. But if this nonsense continues there is no need for him on this team anymore after the season is over. I was hugely against this, but he's acting like an entitled superstar that doesn't need to put in the work bc he's Jarvis Landry.

Know your freaking routes and assignments and QUIT DROPPING THE BALL!

We were strong at receiver when we had Hogan? WHAT? We had the worst WR corps entering a season that year that I had ever seen. We had the diminutive though until then productive Davone Bess, a guy who missed all of camp and preseason with an appendectomy after spending two years being by the numbers the least effective no. 2 receiver in the league in Brian Hartline who started by default because there was nobody else and ended up breaking out due to chemistry with Tannehill, and it was all bad, bad from there. Our third receiver entering the year? Legedu Naanee, a guy so bad it took 4 games for him to get his first catch and who was so surprised he promptly tripped over his own feet and fumbled, no joke. Rishard Matthews was a rookie and it took several more years before we trusted him. There was no stable of receivers waiting, we just like a lot of organizations don't take guys like Hogan whose skills are route running and sure hands over athleticism or acrobatics seriously.
Nope, you are in error. In August during the preseason that year we were strong at receiver I remember it clearly. Hogan was cut despite being a fan favorite because of that depth.

Would hate to see him go but if it happens it should only be a trade for a proven starter.......this team has proven time and time again that they be trusted with draft picks so even if we got a 1st , we'd probably screw it up and wind up with a bust or player with injury history.

Nope, you are in error. In August during the preseason that year we were strong at receiver I remember it clearly. Hogan was cut despite being a fan favorite because of that depth.

Clearly you have a different definition of strong that I do. But the guys I listed were THE guys. Including Legedu.

Are you maybe thinking of the next year, when we added Gibson and Wallace via FA, and had guys like Marvin McNutt and Bumphus (sp?) deliver strong camps but still get cut?

The heart & soul, juke for 2 yard gains master has unlimited value. Haven't you heard? You never trade that type of player. Ever.

Stupid idea. I'd rather re-sign him, but if we MUST trade him...get 1st rounder or a pro-bowl talent in return.

Clearly you have a different definition of strong that I do. But the guys I listed were THE guys. Including Legedu.

Are you maybe thinking of the next year, when we added Gibson and Wallace via FA, and had guys like Marvin McNutt and Bumphus (sp?) deliver strong camps but still get cut?
I don't believe so since I've been following the preseason's so closely over the last 20 years. You are correct that the regular-season receivers had a poor regular-season. I'm not sure about why, but I vaguely remember a few injuries, etc. Back then I was still subscribe to Dolphin digest and following Hogan that summer, through a few articles, as a come out of nowhere favorite. I clearly remember some fan's being upset over and getting cut but like I mentioned the team did not think he was as far along as the other practice squad receivers. I think that was probably a fair assessment since it took him a few years before getting a field in Buffalo.

Draft picks are useless to this team unless they learn to actually develop the players they draft.

I have no faith in the coaching staff.

Building a team AROUND a slot WR, is nuts.

A better way to say it is, you don't build your offense around a slot WR. Give me the 2nd and the ability to upgrade and fix the oline.

Sorry, but I don't have faith in the people running this organization to make the right draft choices or free agent signings. So you KEEP Landry.

Sorry, but I don't have faith in the people running this organization to make the right draft choices or free agent signings. So you KEEP Landry.

And once Landry walks in FA? Because you don't franchise a slot. Unless of course you advocate this FO, that you have no faith in, over pay and further decimate this team in building it wrong.

I'm a fan of Landry, and I still hope that he will wind up being with the team long-term.

HOWEVER, the writing is now on the wall. Landry is on the way out. So with that said, yeah, I would trade him for a second round pick in a heartbeat. We're not winning anything this season, he's not going to be with us after the season, and we can't get more than a 3rd round compensatory pick for him if he walks in free agency.

I love Landry, I really do.....however is we don't plan on resigning him, I would jump on a second rounder in a heartbeat. If we don't and we don't resign him, we don't get jack! Doubt we get a 1st or a 2nd and a player with a player that is going to be a FA and is going to get paid! A second is fair market value. I hope we can find a way to resign him.......and I think with Parker continuing to be injury prone, the idea of having to resign him in a couple years does not have the impact as much as it would if he was balling and healthy. Hopefully we can get Landry signed, def a top 10 all time favorite Dolphin of mine. If the front office knows we are moving on, then jump on a second!

A 2nd? lol I don't even think I'd be okay accepting a 1st for him. Landry might be more important than Tannehill. How many times in the last few games has he caught a pass in the 4th on 3rd down and long where he caught it short of the 1st and took it for the first carrying 3-4 guys to bring him down because he won't stop before he gets the first. Landry needs to spend his career here Idc what he cost. Guy is going to finish with most receptions in NFL history through first four years by 50+ receptions and with 600 more yards will finish top 20 for yardage through first four years. I don't care if he plays slot, he's top 5 effective and that's all that matters.

Not necessarily. If the decision has been made Miami and Landry are too far apart negotiations are dead, Miami should get what it can. Not that I want Landry, gone, but a flat "Keep Landry" isn't going to happen. What should Miami get? An old business school axiom - the buyer sets the price.

Back
Top Bottom