Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix

I remember you thinking Marshall was a pretty damn good move in the past... Do you just agree with anything this FO does?

It was, and I would prefer if we would have kept him instead of trading him. I was against the Marshall trade to the Bears and I said that after the trade and I stick by it. Next time please know the full story before attacking me. Thanks.

My point is that Marshall was the only significant loss. Hardly gutting the team.

so you guys are really trying to say you don't what it means when someone says "the player was lost in free agency"? really?
usually, it means in the very least they get signed by someone else and are somewhat wanted by the original team.
Carey and Colombo were let go at the end of the season and essentially cut. I don't think anyone in Davie will mourn their "loss". Colombo is already retired and carey will join him soon.
and when it comes down to it, they really aren't lost, they could be had tomorrow.
obviously, they do need a new guard and a new tackle, I've mentioned that more than once. but upgrading from those two shouldn't be too tough and it might even be done with players already on the roster

You know what would be funny to me? Is we draft Coples and he ends up doing better than Williams in Buffalo and all for ten times less money! lol

BTW, i gotta wonder if Ireland told Wake to just hold on cus we are going to get him help on the other side so he can have a 15 sack year. money money money money! moooooooney!

It was, and I would prefer if we would have kept him instead of trading him. I was against the Marshall trade to the Bears and I said that after the trade and I stick by it. Next time please know the full story before attacking me. Thanks.

My point is that Marshall was the only significant loss. Hardly gutting the team.

Has anyone considered that Marshall could be in big trouble? I hear the woman with the bashed face has a really good lawyer who is pressing charges?

There's a helluva big difference between "lost" and "disposed of" which is clearly the case with our useless 2 OLs
It's more than an interpretation of semantics! Ditto using the word "gutted" which has the negative connotation of cleaning house pared down to its foundation.

Clearly neither adjective was properly used and likely intentionally to evoke an unduly and biased negative impression. To that end the writer was both dishonest and deceitful.

There's a helluva big difference between "lost" and "disposed of" which is clearly the case with our useless 2 OLs
It's more than an interpretation of semantics! Ditto using the word "gutted" which has the negative connotation of cleaning house pared down to its foundation.

Clearly neither adjective was properly used and likely intentionally to evoke an unduly and biased negative impression. To that end the writer was both dishonest and deceitful.

^^^ This is the voice of reason. The Houston Texans actually lost the entire right side of their O-line (and other teams including us badly wanted them), and lost one of the best pass rushers in the league. Is anybody out there saying the Texans have been gutted????? They haven't replaced any of these guys yet I don't see anybody claiming their roster is being gutted. They are replacing the guys they've lost from within the current roster, and through the draft. Just part of the regular turnover in the NFL. That is especially the case when you have a coaching change leading to new schemes/gameplans like we have. Our biggest loss is Marshall, and he doesn't fit the mold of what Philbin is looking for. Luckily enough this draft is deep at WR, and very good players that will fit Philbins need at WR will be available in rds 2-3. As for the oline it's addition by subtraction. Had Murtha been healthy Columbo wouldn't have started last year anyway, and Carey isn't a ZBS o-lineman. Hicks is.

Has anyone considered that Marshall could be in big trouble? I hear the woman with the bashed face has a really good lawyer who is pressing charges?

Marshall was a mistake. Denver dumped him and we were the suckers.
Luckily, we dumped him now for 2 3rd round picks. At least we got something for him before he is suspended/goes to jail.
The roster was not gutted. Changes needed to be made.
Carey and Colombo were set out for the garbage truck.

^^^ This is the voice of reason. The Houston Texans actually lost the entire right side of their O-line (and other teams including us badly wanted them), and lost one of the best pass rushers in the league. Is anybody out there saying the Texans have been gutted????? They haven't replaced any of these guys yet I don't anybody claiming their roster is being gutted. They are replacing the guys they've lost from within the current roster, and through the draft. Just part of the regular turnover in the NFL. That is especially the case when you have a coaching change leading to new schemes/gameplans like we have. Our biggest loss is Marshall, and he doesn't fit the mold of what Philbin is looking for. Luckily enough this draft is deep at WR, and very good players that will fit Philbins need at WR will be available in rds 2-3. As for the oline it's addition by subtraction. Had Murtha been healthy Columbo wouldn't have started last year anyway, and Carey isn't a ZBS o-lineman. Hicks is.

THe Texans had some huge losses in the off season. It is going to be tough for them. I think they take a step back this year.

THe Texans had some huge losses in the off season. It is going to be tough for them. I think they take a step back this year.

I agree, but I also think they've lost more than we have AND still nobody would say they've gutted their roster. That's all I'm getting at. The writer inferring our roster has been gutted is being ridiculous.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?? Do you still have it?? NO!!!! That means it's GONE, or LOST. If you give your daughter away at a wedding you LOST her, I.E. no longer yours. LOST!!! If you divorce your wife you LOST her, no longer yours, may have been your choice, maybe not, and it doesn't matter. Either way you LOST her. LOST doesn't imply choice rather pro or con.

:chuckle:

I didn't know you were so touchy on what the many possibilities of the meaning of the word LOST!! had.

Releasing a player or choosing not to re-sign them is not losing them. Choosing to "lose" a player is different than that player choosing to go elsewhere.

You'd think it would be that simple for everyone but apparently not

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

I agree, but I also think they've lost more than we have AND still nobody would say they've gutted their roster. That's all I'm getting at. The writer inferring our roster has been gutted is being ridiculous.

Houston is still a better team and when that's the case, you're allowed to make decisions similar to teams who are worse and get away with it.

Why argue over words used, we all know what they mean. Lets look:

1. But it's probably going to be awhile before your team is a legitimate playoff contender again. TRUE
2. Now, Miami is in full rebuild mode under rookie head coach Joe Philbin. TRUE we are changing coaches, players and schemes (a lot)
3. Miami is not a quick or easy fix. TRUE
4. If you don't have a quarterback, you don’t have a chance. TRUE and we don't
5. Miami lacks a supporting cast to put together a successful offense. TRUE
6. Shaky Ownership and front office TRUE
7. And Ross' trust in embattled general manager Jeff Ireland wasn't a popular decision. TRUE
8. I like Miami's defense. But for all the hype this group is getting, the Dolphins' defense is fairly overrated. DEBATABLE easy to argue it is TRUE however
9. Division rivals are better BASICALLY TRUE Anyone can debate this but we were very weak and now more change (lost/changed a lot)
10. Miami is much closer to the bottom of the league than the top. TRUE

I think the texans did some homework and figured out there are plenty of good first round pass rushers that wont cost them 100M and plenty of OTs in the second round that wont cost them 5.5M per year. I think Texans will be better next year with a healthy starting top 10 QB in Schaub. The phins have lots more problems then the texans. I think they will have good cap room next year too.

Why argue over words used, we all know what they mean. Lets look:

1. But it's probably going to be awhile before your team is a legitimate playoff contender again. TRUE
2. Now, Miami is in full rebuild mode under rookie head coach Joe Philbin. TRUE we are changing coaches, players and schemes (a lot)
3. Miami is not a quick or easy fix. TRUE
4. If you don't have a quarterback, you don’t have a chance. TRUE and we don't
5. Miami lacks a supporting cast to put together a successful offense. TRUE
6. Shaky Ownership and front office TRUE
7. And Ross' trust in embattled general manager Jeff Ireland wasn't a popular decision. TRUE
8. I like Miami's defense. But for all the hype this group is getting, the Dolphins' defense is fairly overrated. DEBATABLE easy to argue it is TRUE however
9. Division rivals are better BASICALLY TRUE Anyone can debate this but we were very weak and now more change (lost/changed a lot)
10. Miami is much closer to the bottom of the league than the top. TRUE

Folks around here just don't get it. These are the same folks telling me last year that we had a playoff team...didn't hear much from them after they crawled back into their "know nothing about football holes." It is the time before the the season starts that the "homers" flourish and we have difficulty debating them...don't worry about it...let's hope we will be wrong (but we won't be...)

Back
Top Bottom