Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix

I agree, but I also think they've lost more than we have AND still nobody would say they've gutted their roster. That's all I'm getting at. The writer inferring our roster has been gutted is being ridiculous.

They still have a RB, QB, and WR. That is why no one tries to diminish them in the media.

Whats this? Another media "expert" jumping on the bandwagon of bash miami?

Seriously? We have a solid defense and talent on offense, give us a franchise QB and a RT who doesnt play for the other team and we will be just fine.

Still missing the point...

If you throw your broken refrigerator in the trash and don't replace it, you didn't fully correct the situation, did you? That side is still a hole that needs to be addressed. It was before the offseason started. Hell, it was a problem the minute we signed Colombo. We've only managed to create more needs this offseason. Not gutted, but certainly not improved on the field.

I'm a little late to the party, but you guys are missing the point. Colombo was only signed because our starting RT (Murtha) went on IR before the season started. Colombo is trash, and we didnt "lose" him to free agency. We dumped him because we have better guys on our roster. While Murtha is likely a below average RT, he's an upgrade and will be returning. We still need to address the position, but to assume we created a hole by dumping Colombo just seems like another desperate attempt to bash Miami.

They're definitely not a quick fix, they're a ways a way from being a playoff team and lightyears away from being a Super Bowl team. I think a strong draft is a necessity for this franchise to move forward. While you'd think that's always true - It's never more true than it is here. There's a lot of young talent on this team, and there's a lot of question marks even outside of personnel. Is Ireland the right guy? Is Philbin the right guy? In this draft we are going to have to find out, they need to pickup the right pieces. Then a year, two years from now, as the team develops - We will re-visit whether this team is a playoff team. I think we're at least 2 years away from being back in the playoffs.

every team can be a quick fix if the right people are making the right decisions.

THe Texans had some huge losses in the off season. It is going to be tough for them. I think they take a step back this year.

They won't skip a beat because their losses are in the positions EASIEST to fill... linemen and defense. They have a ball-handling core including 2, count 'em, 2 NFL-capable QBs. Their BACKUP nearly won a playoff game.

I am really beginning to worry about the whole "system" thing (wco). It seems now like it's tailor made for a bunch of CHEAP WANNABES at WR and RB and a "serviceable" QB. Which is EXACTLY the kind of junk ireland specializes in.

everyone has an opinion and I'm not going to be all gloom and doom this time of the year

Back
Top Bottom