F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

To be honest, this whole topic of fighting dogs is a cultural argument.. Though I feel it is wrong, it seems to only be wrong in the US. Me personally, I think Vick paid more than enough...BUT...One shouldnt folk on the acts he did but more on what kind of mind does this guy have... Some people grew up this way looking at dogs as just animals and havent really bonded with this as such..It was a mistake, its not a habit or an addiction.

Well Im sure Joey Porter amazingly has no problem with Mike Vick.

All it was was dogs. They act like they don't even like pit bulls. That's the funny thing about it. I got pit bulls. I got to put them under a different breed just to travel. You can't fly pit bulls nowhere.

"It's not even like they were fighting ****er spaniels or something they like. They don't even so much care about pit bulls. Nobody

Yea Porter has never fought dogs or illegally misreported what he was shipping on a plane lol.

are we really gonna tag porter with dog fighting now?

I'm all for retribution and allowing guys to have a second choice and I have no problem seeing Vick back in the NFL as he has served his time.

But what he did guys was pretty damn bad. I'm mean, how sadistic does someone have to be to be able to commit such acts? You seriously have to be concerned about someones mental health and indeed safety of other people if he has taken pleasure out of doing what he did.

are we really gonna tag porter with dog fighting now?

I have always tagged him with it. He never got caught like most dog fighters. The NFL never gave a damn about dogfighting but the Vick scenario gave them bad publicity and he was caught basically by accident. Porter is a pure scumbag in my opinion much like Vick just not convicted but hey s in his own words they were only dogs.

The man paid his dues. He went to prison and lost millions of dollars. Also, I felt that his apology was sincere unlike a lot of celebrity apologies. I really don't think he will be hurting animals anymore. Football is Vick's profession and he deserves a second chance at it.

The NFL fans like me who also love dogs shouldn't have to accept him as part of the NFL anymore and it would also serve a good example so every piece of sh*t out there who would visit or support a dog fight know just how seriously this kind of animal abuse will be taken.

I'm all for retribution and allowing guys to have a second choice and I have no problem seeing Vick back in the NFL as he has served his time.

But what he did guys was pretty damn bad. I'm mean, how sadistic does someone have to be to be able to commit such acts? You seriously have to be concerned about someones mental health and indeed safety of other people if he has taken pleasure out of doing what he did.

Not to defend him but his actions are pretty common for people that fight dogs. You dont make fighting dogs out of love and respect for an animal.

Plus, the whole 'role model' argument.

It's not good having guys that millions of kids look up to go to jail full stop, let alone for something as sickening and worrying as Vick.

Would I want my kids walking round in a jersey of a guy that kills dogs for kicks? Nope.

Would I want my kids subjected to that even being in mainstream and common news? Nope.

The guy had a chance not many get, hundreds of admittedly less talented but commited and community aiding guys lose their chance at doing Mike Vick's job every year. I'd have no problem with not re-instating this bum to give one of the good kids a job.

Get over it already......

Tell that to the dogs who got mauled to death, shot, drowned, electocuted and/or hung by their necks from trees.

If that had happened to you or your loved ones, should you just "get over it"? Who's here to stick up for the dogs?

A dog would lay down his life for his master but you can't even support these dead dogs b/c you're more worried about Vick getting rich in the NFL again?

I have always tagged him with it. He never got caught like most dog fighters. The NFL never gave a damn about dogfighting but the Vick scenario gave them bad publicity and he was caught basically by accident. Porter is a pure scumbag in my opinion much like Vick just not convicted but hey s in his own words they were only dogs.

It's time to draw a line in the sand and stand for right or wrong. Are you gonna stick up for dogs or are your more concerned with supporting a piece of crap like Michael Vick?

It's not good having guys that millions of kids look up to go to jail full stop, let alone for something as sickening and worrying as Vick.

Would I want my kids walking round in a jersey of a guy that kills dogs for kicks? Nope.

Would I want my kids subjected to that even being in mainstream and common news? Nope.

The guy had a chance not many get, hundreds of admittedly less talented but commited and community aiding guys lose their chance at doing Mike Vick's job every year. I'd have no problem with not re-instating this bum to give one of the good kids a job.

Great post!

There are plenty of bad people in the NFL currently and in the future.
Also he did not kill dogs for kicks, its all part of what is the horrible sport of dogfighting. I have heard no evidence that he particularly enjoyed killing dogs although fighting dogs shows a complete lack of respect for dogs. The people that want to give Vick no chance to ever play football ever again to me overestimate the moral obligation of the NFL. Most jobs at some point will hire felons and its not like there is a need for a super clean background to play friggin football.

Why is Porter being blamed for dog fighting? Is there any evidence or is this just speculation? Is it just because he is an aggressive black man? I like Joey Porter a lot but will be the first to throw away my jersey if he admits to or is convicted for dog fighting. But until there is hard evidence, I say STFU about it.

Not to defend him but his actions are pretty common for people that fight dogs. You dont make fighting dogs out of love and respect for an animal.

Granted, but to get pleasure out of it?

Its bloodlust, he was getting a thrill out of killing these animals. Putting house dogs in with pitbulls is just plain cruel and sadistic dude. I mean, put it this way if you knew someone who was getting the same kind of kick as Vick, for doing these horrible things to dogs, would you not question his mental health?

Dude relax he paid his dues, was embarassed, and worst of all is broke. I bet now he will really take his job serious and not be a "Gangsta".... He should be allowed to return .......

Back
Top Bottom