F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

The man paid his dues. He went to prison and lost millions of dollars. Also, I felt that his apology was sincere unlike a lot of celebrity apologies. I really don't think he will be hurting animals anymore. Football is Vick's profession and he deserves a second chance at it.

Do you think he'd apologize sincerely if he wasn't bankrupt now and was allowed to keep this money?

you guys act like you're god or something, he went to prison for 2 years, has a ruined reputation, and has nothing left in his bank account. Everyone makes mistakes no matter who u are, we as humans have gotta stop judging people for there mistakes, we are not god!!!!!!.....But its cool to kill deers, birds, ducks etc. Hungh? Makes no sense to me....end of the day vick has served his time, and i cant wait to see him on the football field.

Let's not get the whole hunting vs. dog fighting topic going again please.

It's time to draw a line in the sand and stand for right or wrong. Are you gonna stick up for dogs or are your more concerned with supporting a piece of crap like Michael Vick?

I dont support Vick he and Porter are pure scumbags in my book. I do support both of thier rights to make a living though and playing football to me does not require the highest impeccable character.

There are plenty of bad people in the NFL currently and in the future.
Also he did not kill dogs for kicks, its all part of what is the horrible sport of dogfighting. I have heard no evidence that he particularly enjoyed killing dogs although fighting dogs shows a complete lack of respect for dogs. The people that want to give Vick no chance to ever play football ever again to me overestimate the moral obligation of the NFL. Most jobs at some point will hire felons and its not like there is a need for a super clean background to play friggin football.

Blue collar, crap jobs have to accept felons. The NFL does not.

I dont support Vick he and Porter are pure scumbags in my book. I do support both of thier rights to make a living though and playing football to me does not require the highest impeccable character.

Every private business, club and league can set any standards they want. This would be a GREAT chance for Roger Goddell to make a stand.

A lifetime Vick ban would be a wonderful show of support to dogs and dog lovers everywhere.

And it would be a strong reminder and warning to kids out there everywhere that dog's lives are to be respected.

There are plenty of bad people in the NFL currently and in the future.
Also he did not kill dogs for kicks, its all part of what is the horrible sport of dogfighting. I have heard no evidence that he particularly enjoyed killing dogs although fighting dogs shows a complete lack of respect for dogs. The people that want to give Vick no chance to ever play football ever again to me overestimate the moral obligation of the NFL. Most jobs at some point will hire felons and its not like there is a need for a super clean background to play friggin football.

You've ignored what I said about role models.

You've ignored what I said about role models.

Its not an NFL players job to be role models. Thats the problem is that people look up to athletes because they are great athletes not because they are great people. Most are just pure image and its a very false image. Maybe people should choose better role models.

If the NFL lets Vick back in, it says "well, they were just dogs" so what he did wasn't that bad.

Let me tell you something; my dog's doo-doo is worth more than the life of Michael Vick.

Again, nobody is saying he can't take a low level job where the do hire felons - or even go play in the CFL or something but the NFL is a major American tradition and it is supported by millions of dog lovers and it is must make a stand here.

Its not an NFL players job to be role models. Thats the problem is that people look up to athletes because they are great athletes not because they are great people. Most are just pure image and its a very false image. Maybe people should choose better role models.

It is stupid for peple, and espeically kids, to look up to NFLers as role models but that doesn't mean they don't or won't keep doing it.

NFLers are role models unfortunately and that's another good reason Vick can't be allowed back.

I would love to see equivelant outrage if he was running a **** fighting ring.....but there wouldn't be.

He broke the law. He went to prison. He served his term.

There already have been players who have harmed or killed HUMAN BEINGS who have been welcomed back into the league....it would be completely BS for the NFL to bow to special interests groups by refusing to reinstate Vick.

Do you think he'd apologize sincerely if he wasn't bankrupt now and was allowed to keep this money?

Let's not get the whole hunting vs. dog fighting topic going again please.

Personally I think dog fighting is worse but not by much. Most people hunt for pleasure not for food. I find hunting repugnent for this reason. I understand hunting in some capacity is probably needed for population but the basic premise of killing an animal for pleasure to me is twisted just as much as dog fighting.

Personally I think dog fighting is worse but not by much. Most people hunt for pleasure not for food. I find hunting repugnent for this reason. I understand hunting in some capacity is probably needed for population but the basic premise of killing an animal for pleasure to me is twisted just as much as dog fighting.

Agreed.

I would love to see equivelant outrage if he was running a **** fighting ring.....but there wouldn't be.

He broke the law. He went to prison. He served his term.

There already have been players who have harmed or killed HUMAN BEINGS who have been welcomed back into the league....it would be completely BS for the NFL to bow to special interests groups by refusing to reinstate Vick.

So you're saying two wrongs make a right?

Because Paul Tagliabue was too much of a p*ssy to ban Leonard Little for life means that Vick should get to stay in the league?

That's crappy logic.

Playing for the private corporation known as the NFL is not a "right" but a privilege which he forfeited by disgracing himself and by association the organization at whose pleasure he served. Now does he have a right to supersize my fries? Yeah i guess he does, but I sure wouldn't knowingly patronize that franchise,

As far as dog fighting, torture and abuse being a "cultural" disconnect.. that's one of the examples why they're (often backward) Third World countries. If he wants to embrace that "culture" let him play somewhere like in Outer Slabovia.

It is stupid for peple, and espeically kids, to look up to NFLers as role models but that doesn't mean they don't or won't keep doing it.

NFLers are role models unfortunately and that's another good reason Vick can't be allowed back.

Do you honestly think kids will want to fight dogs because of Mike Vick.
I personally think Joey Porter has a worse impact on kids than Vick ever will. Everyone condemns Vick for the most part but how many were enthused with Porter attacking Levi Jones especially at first. That will teach Jones for talking smack, Porter is a real bad mutha, the most feared player in the NFL. It okay to lose your cool and attack somebody when things dont go your way and who cares if your posse jumps in. No kid thinks its cool to fight dogs after what has happened to vick. If a kid is into dogfighting its because thats what he has grew up around. Kids wanted only to emulate Vick's athletic prowess while a guy like Porter embodies the smack talking that is always admired.

If the NFL lets Vick back in, it says "well, they were just dogs" so what he did wasn't that bad.

Let me tell you something; my dog's doo-doo is worth more than the life of Michael Vick.

Again, nobody is saying he can't take a low level job where the do hire felons - or even go play in the CFL or something but the NFL is a major American tradition and it is supported by millions of dog lovers and it is must make a stand here.

What about the players that have hurt the lives of people? Killing, assaults, etc....they are allowed to stay around no problem? What about making a stand for all the people that are for the humane treatment of other people?

Vick is done in the eyes of most NFL teams before he even meets with Goodell, along with his jail time, and all the money he lost it's time to let it go. He did his time, and is the poster child and a wakeup call for all who are involved with anything like dog fighting, or what is done for it. If Goodell lets him back in, thats only step one in a long run to come back. I can only see one team interested in him (the Raiders)and thats because they never gave a **** about public relation nightmares.

By the way, I don't know of any apologists until someone writes on what a scumbag he is and shouldn't be allowed back in the league.

Back
Top Bottom