F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

That's the idea/logic of PETA - a controversial but often effective method.

Actually the method has had an adverse effect on popular opinion. Which is why most think a org like Peta are full of crazy people that care more about animals than humans.

You yourself, are a perfect example of this, hurting your stand on the issue in this thread alone.

Pathetic. Its how you feel, not your dog.

Where was all this compassion and outrage when those dogs were being tortured and killed?

Nope, you only like to cry and whine if poor little Mikey Vick doesn't get to play ball in the NFL again. :boohoo:

There are millions of convicts and other criminals out of jail living their lives, just because Vick is a high profile athlete does not mean he gets to do the same.

Killing dogs, is something I could never do myself, running a ring like he did is something I would never take part in... but it happens. He was never a cancer to the locker room, never spoke out against his team, and was always involved in the community. Besides his flip of the middle finger, he never had any problems in the NFL.

To me he should get his chance to play again, people need to realize its over and done with he paid for it, as the law states and nothing more should be done!

People need to lay off the whole he killed innocent dogs. DUI's get off, DUI's who kill people will be jailed and play again, running a red light or speeding hitting some one will be jailed and play again... and I know we have all ran a red light or went over the speed limit at some point.

Seriously, b/c people/kids across this country on Sundays don't cheer for janitors.

because we have a warped idea of who is more important than another.
I dont see an NFL player as being more important than a janitor.

The NFL is not made up of a group of great guys. Its a cross section.
Im sure there are worse people in the NFL than Mike Vick in reality.

Where was all this compassion and outrage when those dogs were being tortured and killed?

Nope, you only like to cry and whine if poor little Mikey Vick doesn't get to play ball in the NFL again. :boohoo:

It's extremists like you who make me want to stop at the pound on the way home and pick up a couple of strays for dinner. (a bit over the top, but you get my point)

Actually the method has had an adverse effect on popular opinion. Which is why most think a org like Peta are full of crazy people that care more about animals than humans.

You yourself, are a perfect example of this, hurting your stand on the issue in this thread alone.

I already said that I think the NFL was wrong not to lifetime ban other guys like Lawrence Phillips (for beating up girls multiple times), Leonard Little (for DUI manslaughter on a 2nd DUI offense) and Pacman Jones (for being Pacman Jones) too.

I just think that Vick shouldn't be let off the hook just b/c the NFL made mistakes in those cases too.

Again, started the thread off by saying two wrongs don't make a right.

Never said I didn't value humans and human safety too.

:lol2:

I could give a ****. Wah, I love dogs, and Mike vick killed them.....lets stone Vick.

I already said that I think the NFL was wrong not to lifetime ban other guys like Lawrence Phillips (for beating up girls multiple times), Leonard Little (for DUI manslaughter on a 2nd DUI offense) and Pacman Jones (for being Pacman Jones) too.

I just think that Vick shouldn't be let off the hook just b/c the NFL made mistakes in those cases too.

Again, started the thread off by saying two wrongs don't make a right.

Never said I didn't value humans and human safety too.

Did you make a thread about them? Nope.

LMAO....the only one whining and crying in this thread is you. We didn't start a 'F the Mike Vick Haters' thread

because we have a warped idea of who is more important than another.
I dont see an NFL player as being more important than a janitor.

The NFL is not made up of a group of great guys. Its a cross section.
Im sure there are worse people in the NFL than Mike Vick in reality.

You're right - being a NFL player doesn't make you a better man than a janitor. It's THE GAME we should love - not the players necessarily.

And THE GAME can go on without the likes of Vick, Pacman, Little, etc.

It's extremists like you who make me want to stop at the pound on the way home and pick up a couple of strays for dinner. (a bit over the top, but you get my point)

great point.

.....[burger13 calls the wife to see if she is ok with Chinese takeout tonight]

My stance on Vick and the whole issue is pretty well known I think. I'll try to condense it into short bullet points.

1. If you can seriously sit here and tell me that you see absolutely no moral difference in a hunter shooting a duck/deer/squirrel/etc for food and Vick puchasing, breeding, systematically torturing and, then, killing these dogs in the most horrific ways imaginable, then I'd say that you have some major issues discerning morality at all. All the hunters I know take great pains to ensure they take their quarry in one shot, instantly. They don't take glee in the abject suffering of an animal just for their own pleasure.

2. I hope Vick never plays in the NFL again. Will he? Probably. What I hope in a realistic sense happens is that Goodell suspends him for a year. Just like suspensions happen to other players who commit crimes. That way that puts him out of the NFL for three years, which is better than two. He should be allowed to work again, and, even play football again. I just hope it's never in the NFL. He'd do great in the CFL, and, since I don't watch it, that's fine.

3. Vick violated a fundamental law of nature. He violated the trust I believe exists between man and other living things. Man is the steward of the earth. We don't always do the best of jobs, but, we are. All of earth's creaures, we also hold dominion over. That does not mean we can willy-nilly do as we please. I live in the country and always have. Mice get in the house quite often. I have to eliminate them. I do not capture them and torture them. I get snap traps and try to end thier existance as painlessly as possible in order to preserve the health and welfare of my family. It give me no joy to do this.

Vick loved the pain, anguish, and abject terror he subjected other living things to. It was gratifying for him. It was an enjoyable part of his life of wealth and priviledge. Just think about all those dogs howling and screaming as Vick tortured them for months, perhaps years, all the way from birth, to thier eventual horrific deaths. If you can defend or somhow morally excuse Vick's acts, then, you seriously need to re-evaluate the reading on your moral compass.

LMAO....the only one whining and crying in this thread is you. We didn't start a 'F the Mike Vick Haters' thread

Just taking a stand - right against wrong.

You don't want to support dogs b/c you think Mike Vick's career options are more important than the NFL finally making a statement. I disagree.

great point.

.....[burger13 calls the wife to see if she is ok with Chinese takeout tonight]

So it's easier for you to poke fun and blame PETA extremists than just hold Vick responsible for being an animal torturer and support keeing him out of the league?

Why not show some moral fortitude?

Back
Top Bottom