FA alert: Demarco Murray | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA alert: Demarco Murray

I also wonder if he wants to be a lead back. MSybe not ready to be second fiddle

I have agreed with Mando on plenty of stuff the last few weeks but I think he's wrong this time. Not talking so much about Murray but this thing about bringing in older players. First, I'd agree that you don't want a bunch of players over 30 for "big" money but he's going around the truth to make his case better.

We needed a guy like Sitton. He's playing at a high level and he's a leader and the o-line is not as old as he's trying to make it sound.
Kilgore was a nice trade and while he's 31, he's also very cheap and can be cut next year with no dead money. Then he's acting as if Larsen is the RG when we all know Davis will start and he's young along with Tunsil and James.
Amandola is older but we have 5 other WR's that are very young so that's just one out of 6.
And when it comes to Murray, again, we're not looking at his to carry the load or to even start like Timmons last year. He's just take some snaps from Drake to keep him fresh and I'm sure we're drafting a RB too.
Hayes is older but again, Phillips,Harris,Quinn,Goadchaux,Taylor and Malvaux are all under 27

So really, this is a very young team with a few vets here and there and Mando is trying to make it sound as if we just got a bunch of older players for big money when really that's not the case.

Ozzy rules!!
I cannot even get through a mando article - I find them SOOOO worthless. He had nothing original or even meaningful or even insightful to say about Murray or the Dolphins free agency round up. He’s inconsistent in his statements - commenting first that running backs over 30 are not worth it but then he takes the generalists point of view that all 30 plus year old veterans are not worth it.

The dolphins beat writers seem like a clan of clowns to me.

I actually think we might trade Juwan James for C.J. Anderson during the draft.

If the unlikely happens, and Quenton Nelson happens to fall to #11, and both Smith and Edmunds are off the board, Id give that some thought. A starting OL of Kilgore, Nelson and Sitton in the middle, with Tunsil and Jesse Davis at Tackles, with Larsen as a backup would be solid. They could also use the extra $4.5 million theyd save from trading James for Anderson, to strengthen another area of need.

Ok my realistic running back corp for 2018:

Drake
Draft Freeman in the 3rd or 4th
Draft Chris Warren in the 7th
sign free agent Theo Riddick as a 3rd down back option. Lions Have Ameer Abdullah, just re-signed Zenner and signed LaGarrett Blount, so Riddick could soon be a free agent.

If you can do that with Freeman costing only a 4th you have a solid backfield with a vet with some tread on the tires that won't cost you and arm and a leg.

Last edited:
There are 2 things Murray brings that would be hard to find later in the draft... Experience and pass blocking, everything else is very much marginal at this point...

Back
Top Bottom