FA alert: Demarco Murray | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA alert: Demarco Murray

The Herald says the visit is today

DeMarco Murray’s scheduled visit to the Miami Dolphins training facility on Monday comes with a very significant caveat, according to folks familiar with the team’s plan: Don’t expect anything to get done if the player wants big money.

Is he even in position to demand big money at this point? Wonder what his market is like.

Well let's be thankful it seems that the Dolphins have learned their lessons paying big money to free agents. Let's hope this new philosophy continues through today.

DeMarco Murray’s scheduled visit to the Miami Dolphins training facility on Monday comes with a very significant caveat, according to folks familiar with the team’s plan: Don’t expect anything to get done if the player wants big money.

The Dolphins are interested in Murray. But they’re not that interested in Murray that they’re willing to get involved in a bidding war with other teams for his services, per sources.

But if he’s coming to strike the best possible deal against whatever other deal he has lined up -- he’s visited Detroit and Seattle but the Lions already signed LaGarrette Blount -- then it’s not going to work

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle205808749.html?__twitter_impression=true

The Dolphins are interested in Murray. But they’re not that interested in Murray that they’re willing to get involved in a bidding war with other teams for his services, per sources.

But if he’s coming to strike the best possible deal against whatever other deal he has lined up -- he’s visited Detroit and Seattle but the Lions already signed LaGarrette Blount -- then it’s not going to work

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle205808749.html?__twitter_impression=true
I have agreed with Mando on plenty of stuff the last few weeks but I think he's wrong this time. Not talking so much about Murray but this thing about bringing in older players. First, I'd agree that you don't want a bunch of players over 30 for "big" money but he's going around the truth to make his case better.

We needed a guy like Sitton. He's playing at a high level and he's a leader and the o-line is not as old as he's trying to make it sound.
Kilgore was a nice trade and while he's 31, he's also very cheap and can be cut next year with no dead money. Then he's acting as if Larsen is the RG when we all know Davis will start and he's young along with Tunsil and James.
Amandola is older but we have 5 other WR's that are very young so that's just one out of 6.
And when it comes to Murray, again, we're not looking at his to carry the load or to even start like Timmons last year. He's just take some snaps from Drake to keep him fresh and I'm sure we're drafting a RB too.
Hayes is older but again, Phillips,Harris,Quinn,Goadchaux,Taylor and Malvaux are all under 27

So really, this is a very young team with a few vets here and there and Mando is trying to make it sound as if we just got a bunch of older players for big money when really that's not the case.

Ozzy rules!!

It would be wasted money on a rental....use your resources for the future....we are not one stop gap running back from improving our team...

If there is a situation where ...you're going to add 2 backs (one from the draft plus another), AND the money is relatively the same AND he is the best choice....Then ok...whatever

Otherwise draft your back up and move forward ...cheaper and younger

IMO

I’ve gone on record by saying I want Murray and a draft pick. We can’t be sold on Drake yet. He hasn’t shown that he can, or been given the chance to, be the main guy all year.

Gotta have a few backs. Yes the money has to be right for sure.

I'd take Murray over CJ Anderson ANY day. Anderson will be a mistake if he comes here, I watched a lot of him last year (had him in fantasy), and he's declining big time.

Meanwhile the pats get Jeremy hill for 1 yr 1.5million
We will pay Murray washed ass like 4 a yr

Would like Murray but at the first sign of any sort of bidding war for him hopefully they bail out. Think his wage demands will be too much.

Drake is gonna get over 3000 yards on his own anyway so it doesn't really matter

I'd take Murray over CJ Anderson ANY day. Anderson will be a mistake if he comes here, I watched a lot of him last year (had him in fantasy), and he's declining big time.

And Murray hasnt already declined?

You have it backwards.

CJ had his best year last year and DeMarco not so much. He’s older, and has much less tread on the tires.

This deal needs to be cheap but probably won’t be.

I’ve gone on record by saying I want Murray and a draft pick. We can’t be sold on Drake yet. He hasn’t shown that he can, or been given the chance to, be the main guy all year.

Gotta have a few backs. Yes the money has to be right for sure.
Agree with this - take Murray AND a draft RB

Back
Top Bottom