FA alert: Demarco Murray | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA alert: Demarco Murray

My only problem with him is that I fear we kick the can down the road round-wise for a RB in this draft if he is signed.

We could leave Guise, Chubb, Michel, Penny, lots of good RBs for other teams and get some SW Rhode Island State Teacher's College wannabe with "metrics and measureables" who will never amount to anything.

We NEED impact skill-position ballhandlers. "inside-out" is a joke. It is all about moving the rock.

I’d sign Murray and draft one of those RBs. Drake needs to prove he can handle a full season. We don’t know he can right now.

If Murray is signed, it will be for these two reasons
What’s more, Pro Football Focus rated Murray the best pass-blocking running back in the league last season and tied for first in run blocking.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article205678514.html
In his two seasons with the team, Murray helped change the culture in the locker room at Saint Thomas Sports Park. He held teammates accountable, and showed leadership and professionalism with his work ethic and approach.
http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...o-Murray/2f451b3b-eba4-4c0f-82a1-d3e238e70ef1

I think they'll probably draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th rnds regardless if they sign DM or not. I also think to have a veteran in that running back room is almost a must. I mean Drakes a young back who has never really had any kind of vet to teach/help him with being a pro and that also goes for any rookie they will probably bring in.

If you can get him for a reasonably short term deal i think it's a no brainer really. I just don't see a downside.... Just sayin

For those making a big deal out of his 3.6 ypc, he also had 3.6 ypc in 2015. Next year he was up to 4.4 and 1300 yards and caught 50 passes.

Now, he's certainly not going to repeat that. But to assume he's done because of a subpar year isn't the case. He's still a plus blocker and a plus receiver out of the backfield.

Bottom line, it's all about value and salary. Damien Williams is a UFA anyway who already has visits set up elsewhere....no reason to overpay for him. Take a look at who's available and what salary....either way, we still need to draft a back. But I certainly wouldn't draft one in the first or second and wouldn't expect a rookie back to get many touches.

I would rather draft Kalen Ballage from ASU or Ito Smith from Southern Miss, if they are there in 4th Round.

Any updates?

The Herald says the visit is today

DeMarco Murray’s scheduled visit to the Miami Dolphins training facility on Monday comes with a very significant caveat, according to folks familiar with the team’s plan: Don’t expect anything to get done if the player wants big money.

Foster was injured throughout his career. He certainly lost a step or ten.

Last year Derrick Henry had 8 less carries than Murray did and outgained him by 85 yards. Murray had one more TD than Henry, had 28 more catches, and they both had the same longest rush of the season (75 yards).

No one expects or needs him to be a primary back that runs 300 times. If he’s expensive then that’s one thing. If he’s affordable he should be a really complimentary piece IMO.

It would be wasted money on a rental....use your resources for the future....we are not one stop gap running back from improving our team...

If there is a situation where ...you're going to add 2 backs (one from the draft plus another), AND the money is relatively the same AND he is the best choice....Then ok...whatever

Otherwise draft your back up and move forward ...cheaper and younger

IMO

Back
Top Bottom