Feel bad for JT | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feel bad for JT

Some of you are crazy lol.

Look, I don't feel bad for the guy . . . he joined a hated rival and I wanted them to lose last night . . . feeling sympathy for him was lost when he put on that green and white uniform. However, I don't hate JT . . . some of these "burn in hell" comments are just overboard. There would be much more hate towards him if the Fins actually offered him a contract and he declined us to play with the Jets, that is not the case, and I can't knock a man for not begging and pleading with the Fins to offer him a contract and actually going to another team who did offer him a contract, even if it is the Jets.

Trying to discredit his solid play with the Dolphins because he is a Jet now is just comical, JT was a great player for this team for years . . . a face of this defense and former DPOY . . . he is getting older now, and he wanted to win a ring . . . meaning he wanted to still play. Nobody knows if Miami offered him a contract would he have stayed but clearly he wanted to continue playing and the Jets offered him a deal and he took it.

Now I'm not sure if his motives were to say FU to the Dolphins, or further his acting career, or whatever . . . but to trash this man like he is being trashed in this thread is a bit much.

Lets be fair about this:

It was JT and Porter who started problems on the flight home from London
It was JT who refused to attend the minnicamps as was requested of him
It was Parcells who resigned him after he went to the Redskins
They did offer him a new contract at the end of the season and JT declined it to test the waters of FA
By the time he realized his services were not in demand as much as he hoped and he wanted to resign the team had already decided to go in another direction and his roster spot was filled with another player.
JT was under the missconception that the Miami community thought the sun rose and sunk on his every whim. I have no ill will toward him but as far as I am concerned when he left and how he left burned his bridges. He is a Jet player now and anything good he did as a Dolphin player is overshadowed by his behavior over the past 3-4 years.

I feel sorry for his poor wife who lives in the Miami community and has to live with the embarassment he brought to his family. He is a quitter, a liar, a cheater, and an egomaniac. That is his legacy.

I don't care about JT. I'm very indifferent about him. The fact that I hate the jets so much makes it spill over and hate anybody that plays or coaches for that team. What pisses me off more than anything is the woe-is-me the dolphins wanted to wait to sign me attitude that he used and will still use to justify his move to the jets. I wish he would just come out and say that he felt the jets had a better chance of winning a SB and thats all that he wanted. Atleast Favre said his main goal was to stick it the Pack for how he was treated his last year.

Jason Taylor said he didn't feel like he could wait any longer for the fins to get back to him. That he felt he wasn't wanted cause of the lack of "Formal" contract proposal. It bothers me more that it wasn't alright for the dolphins to get back to him but its alright for the jets to get back to him after they take care of their other FA's.

Hell no I don't feel sorry for him. He needs to go get some education in class from ZT. "He is so happy to be a Jet". Well, retire a Jet without a ring. Screw that dude, it was always about him.

Be nice, at least we got him to a conference title game for the first time in his career.

Be nice, at least we got him to a conference title game for the first time in his career.

You say "be nice", then take a shot at the Phins in the same sentence while adding absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion. And here I was thinking people call you a troll because you use a picture of one as your avatar.

You say "be nice", then take a shot at the Phins in the same sentence while adding absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion. And here I was thinking people call you a troll because you use a picture of one as your avatar.

When will you ever post something of substance on this board?

Its the truth. JT hasn't won a playoff game since 2000 until this year.

Back
Top Bottom