Feel bad for JT | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feel bad for JT

i gotta admit, this pretty much just made my day. he disgusts me for leaving us for the jets, inexcusable.

Loves Miami and hates the Jets. Then wants out of Miami. Then wants back in Miami. Then goes to the Jets and loves them. I can't keep up with this guy!?!?! If he could, he'd sign with Pittsburgh or Green Bay this week.

Good Point, I wouldn't bet against that happening.

But even with this back history of JT, I wonder why people like Ricky Williams more than him (or atleast is seems that way) . . . JT did far more for this organization, and Ricky quit on this team when we needed him more than ever.

I guess if Cam Newton transferred to Alabama instead of going into the draft, he would be hated by Auburn as well, so I understand.

Good Point, I wouldn't bet against that happening.

But even with this back history of JT, I wonder why people like Ricky Williams more than him (or atleast is seems that way) . . . JT did far more for this organization, and Ricky quit on this team when we needed him more than ever.

I guess if Cam Newton transferred to Alabama instead of going into the draft, he would be hated by Auburn as well, so I understand.

That's the diff right there... Ricky quit miami to go smoke pot and find himself. JT quit Miami to go play for the enemy.

lets not forget that JT was also one of the internal instigators revolting against Cam's authority... so he was not beyond being a selfish locker room cancer either.

Screw him.. He does not deserve my sympathy and will NEVER get it! He doesnt deserve to play in a superbowl. I am very happy that he saw his best chance to play in a superbowl, just get flushed down the toilet. It would be icing on the cake if the Jets release him and he has to go play for buffalo or something.

I just don't know why he's deemed "worthy" of a Super Bowl. Last night, in probably his last chance at a ring, he had a grand total of two tackles, that's it. No sacks, fumbles, interceptions, nothing but two tackles. Fits right in with the rest of his illustrious career in aqua where he simply vanished in playoff games. So I don't know why he deserves to be on a team that carries him to a Super Bowl ring. He's had his chances and done nothing with them.

I also don't know why being on the team that wins a Super Bowl, in a season where you've done nothing to actually get said team to the Super Bowl (much less win it), should be the factor which finally pushes Taylor into the Hall of Fame. He either deserves to be there for his exploits in his prime, or he doesn't. I don't think he deserves it. He was, like the rest of JJ's defense, overrated.

Hate JT, no, thats more emotion than I'm willing to spend on him. I just don't care. I am glad the Jets lost, but dang I also hated rooting for the Steelers.
Side note - How are the Jets stacked for next year? Are they in any kind of salary cap trouble or do they have any free agent issues looming? Just curious if they will be as good this coming season.

This.

There is a huge difference between a deserter and a defector.

Agreed, but being that he still wanted to play, and Miami never really offered him a contract and the Jets did, what did u expect him to do?

He was a FA and I though he maintained that he wanted to stay in Miami. I dunno, so many stories out there who knows what the real case was. Ricky quit after we mortgaged our future for him, causing us to draft Ronnie and possibly passing up on Aaron Rodgers. I will never forget what he did to us.

Not sure why anybody would feel bad for JT. Going somewhere else in an attempt to win a Superbowl in the late stages of a career is one thing but to go to a rival, after he himself declared 'I hate the Jets and their fans', is ridiculous. Thurman Thomas came to us after a stunning career in Buffalo. But he never declared 'I hate the Dolphins and their fans'. Yet I am sure the Bills fans feel or felt the same way about TT as we do about JT.

JT not only took the business side (money) into consideration when he made that move. He was trying to stick it to us. In my opinion, JT is a football mercenary of the worst kind. I could care less what happens to him in the future as long as he doesn't win the big one. As a matter of fact, I have forgotten most of his good plays he made for us. I treat him as a football player without any loyalty and worse, a football player who seeks revenge on his former employer and its fan base.

I certainly hope that he will never be on the Ring of Fame. If he is: I get balloons filled with paint and make sure that it will be unreadable.

I HATE when professional athletes used this bs phrase. It is a slap in the face to everyone, who wakes up at 6 in the morning and works all day for a pay check. It is an insult tp people with out jobs actually struggng to feed their families. JT plays a GAME for a living and had made MILLIONS of dollars in the process. If he retired with some class and remained loyal, would his children have straved in the streets? Only thing that pisses me off more is fans who make a fraction of that these guys make actually making this ridiculous arguement.

Yeah he plays a game, but we all cannot play Pro sports or be movie stars or be President or be a high powered Businessman. BUT what we all have in common is that we take care of our familes the best we can regardless of the cards we are dealt in life. Also by the way there are PLENTY of pro atletes that after their careers are done do go broke, mainly from medical bills to try to repair their wreaked bodies. Very few like the Phil Simm's and the like are able to keep their millions rolling in once their playing days are done.

What Rex has softened his "we are going to the superbowl" rubbercheck writing to we have a "goal" to get to the SB - I'm disappointed

I still remember Tony Boselli backpedaling toward the endzone while taunting JT following a big TD play for the Jags.
The elite LT's in the game usually DOMINATED him. Watch video of him against the likes of Boselli, Ogden etc. He was stonewalled in nearly every game.

JT went with the Jets because they were the only team that would sign him, it was the jets or sit at home this season, and to be honest, JT is more upset that that could be his LAST game in the NFL more than just losing a AFC Campionship game. He knows his career is about done.

JT tried everything he could to stay with the Fin's, the FO did not want him plain and simple, Man has to feed his family, I don't blame him for what he did. You don't let pride get in the way of taking care of your family.

I hate that "they have to feed there family ****." They made millions they should have problems feeding there families.

**** I make 120k and I have no problem feeding my family & buying them whatever they want.

Hate the argument. (no offense to you Orlando)

Back
Top Bottom