Feeley was NOT a 3rd String QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley was NOT a 3rd String QB

Phinzone said:
So, it's your conention that Feeley is considered starter material for the Miami dolphins, was supposed to step up had Mcnabb gone down for an extended period of time and lead his team to victory.....but he can't hold a ball on it's tip........

So I guess we're REALLY in trouble. If feeley can't hold a ball on it's tip for a kicker to kick, what chance does he have of learning our offense and leading our team if he can't balanace a ball on it's tip? It's a very stupid argument to even be having.

The FACT is, Detmer beat the pans off of AJ before the 2002 season. So badly in fact that Feeley was cut due to a full roster, and later resigned. He barely beat mirer out for the 3rd string job. Then Mcnabb got hurt, DETMER started and did a VERY good job. Unfortunately he got injured and Feeley stepped up and did a good job as well. Which one was better? Detmer had a GREAT game in his previous start, THAT is why he was STILL the 2nd string QB. Not because he can balance a ball on it's griggin tip.

You spelled "friggin" wrong...:nana:

Phinzone said:
So, it's your conention that Feeley is considered starter material for the Miami dolphins, was supposed to step up had Mcnabb gone down for an extended period of time and lead his team to victory.....but he can't hold a ball on it's tip........

So I guess we're REALLY in trouble. If feeley can't hold a ball on it's tip for a kicker to kick, what chance does he have of learning our offense and leading our team if he can't balanace a ball on it's tip? It's a very stupid argument to even be having.

The FACT is, Detmer beat the pans off of AJ before the 2002 season. So badly in fact that Feeley was cut due to a full roster, and later resigned. He barely beat mirer out for the 3rd string job. Then Mcnabb got hurt, DETMER started and did a VERY good job. Unfortunately he got injured and Feeley stepped up and did a good job as well. Which one was better? Detmer had a GREAT game in his previous start, THAT is why he was STILL the 2nd string QB. Not because he can balance a ball on it's griggin tip.

Then explain why Turk is the holder and not Fielder or Griesie or Lucas or Sage when Fiedler is hurt?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Then explain why Turk is the holder and not Fielder or Griesie or Lucas or Sage when Fiedler is hurt?

What hte hell sdoes that have to do with the argument? THe contention is that Detmer was the holder beause he's better. If Detmer was the 3rd string QB he couldn't hold the ball due to NFL rules. If he did Mcnabb couldn't return to the game until the 4th quarter. YES, you have your best holder hold, NO you keep a crappy player in the lineup and bench a BETTER player because he's not as good at holding a football.

inFINSible said:
You spelled "friggin" wrong...:nana:

lol, ok look man. I'm using a wireless keyboard mouse combo while making a portfolio, which means I rush typing, and I have little to no virtual memory left. Meaning, my computer is running like crap you flippin english teacher! cut me some "giggin slack" :D

NLude33 said:
I have been reading this board for about a year now, and however I don't post much, I love to read everyone else comments and thoughts. Something that has been really annoying to me though the past few months is how people keep posting refering to Feeley as the "3rd stringer in Philly", and "he couldn't even beat out Detmer", and so on and so forth.

Ok, Feeley was only the #3 on the official depth chart. Akers, the PK, liked Detmer to hold on FG and PAT attemps. NFL rules say that if the 3rd string QB plays, then your #1 QB can't reenter the game. So, if Detmer was listed at #3 where he should be, then McNabb would not be able to play anymore in that one game. If McNabb got hurt to where there was no possible way he could/would return, Feeley would've came in and played.....and started every game after that until McNabb came back.

Ok, so that issue should be cleared up now! :)

No it has not been cleared up and it is moot now anyway. It's been chewed and chewed so much anyway. ;)

Phinzone said:
What hte hell sdoes that have to do with the argument? THe contention is that Detmer was the holder beause he's better. If Detmer was the 3rd string QB he couldn't hold the ball due to NFL rules. If he did Mcnabb couldn't return to the game until the 4th quarter. YES, you have your best holder hold, NO you keep a crappy player in the lineup and bench a BETTER player because he's not as good at holding a football.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the arguement. Turk is the holder because he is the best holder on the team.

One more thing, BOTH THIRD STRING AND SECOND STRING QUARTERBACKS ARE ON THE BENCH!!

sorry for yelling.

Phinzone said:
lol, ok look man. I'm using a wireless keyboard mouse combo while making a portfolio, which means I rush typing, and I have little to no virtual memory left. Meaning, my computer is running like crap you flippin english teacher! cut me some "giggin slack" :D
:roflmao: :goof:

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
It has EVERYTHING to do with the arguement. Turk is the holder because he is the best holder on the team.

One more thing, BOTH THIRD STRING AND SECOND STRING QUARTERBACKS ARE ON THE BENCH!!

sorry for yelling.

If the 3rd string QB comes into the game, the 1st string QB isn't allowed to return to the game until the 4th quarter. THUS their reasoning for Detmer being the #2 QB. If he was the 3rd string qb he could NOT have held the ball. Turk is the best holder, so he holds the ball. So what? His holding the ball isn't keeping a better player from playing at a very important position. The scenario's are in NO way the same.

Phinzone said:
If the 3rd string QB comes into the game, the 1st string QB isn't allowed to return to the game until the 4th quarter. THUS their reasoning for Detmer being the #2 QB. If he was the 3rd string qb he could NOT have held the ball. Turk is the best holder, so he holds the ball. So what? His holding the ball isn't keeping a better player from playing at a very important position. The scenario's are in NO way the same.

Then explain why Miami isn't trying to get a better punter? Explain why we suffered through Royals? THEN brought Turk back, who is not only a better punter, he is also a better holder.

Akers is a kicker who attributes his good kicking percentage due to the fact that Detmer is his holder. What coach would be stupid enough to mess with their kicker by telling him, "No you can't have the holder which you are comfortable with and are more successful with just so I can make this guy the second string even though chances of him playing are MUCH lower then the chances of you kicking. However because I am a dumbass, I feel that I should make this guy the second string quarterback on the small chance that my starting quarterback, who is pretty durable, would get knocked out for a few plays. I know kicking is very important, and that bringing in someone else would cause you to miss some kicks, but what happens if McNabb gets hurt and the other guy has to hand the ball off to the runningback and make some short passes for a few plays. I don't care if it loses a few games. He is going to be the second string quarterback."

Ok , fact AJ Feeley has been a third stringer in the Depth chart. To go any further with any other possabilities that statement clears everything that starts with "but aj feeley wasn't the holder so he was third" and whatever arguement links to that. Like Dolfan dupree pointed out, Turk is our holder because he is our best holder. I have not read any statements coming from Andy Reid where he mentions that Feeley was "really the second string but was playing third because Koy was the holder".

You guys in here are stating these facts because:

1) you dont want to accept he was a third string back-up.
2) You don't want to be embarassed at your buddies because the
dolphins gave up a 2nd round pick for someone who didn't started last
year and a third stringer.

Face the facts, AJ Feeley was a third stringer. Unless we read something coming from Andy Reid then dont believe anything the media writes. As a matter of fact, this came from pro football talk and if im not wrong It just spreaded this far to the point where people have to argue about it.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Distanct?!?!?!?

I wrote that too fast haha, but this is getting as old as last years fiedler bashing. I remember someone wrote a very serious post that Fiedler can go
into the Hall of fame if he wins a superbowl.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Then explain why Miami isn't trying to get a better punter? Explain why we suffered through Royals? THEN brought Turk back, who is not only a better punter, he is also a better holder.

Akers is a kicker who attributes his good kicking percentage due to the fact that Detmer is his holder. What coach would be stupid enough to mess with their kicker by telling him, "No you can't have the holder which you are comfortable with and are more successful with just so I can make this guy the second string even though chances of him playing are MUCH lower then the chances of you kicking. However because I am a dumbass, I feel that I should make this guy the second string quarterback on the small chance that my starting quarterback, who is pretty durable, would get knocked out for a few plays. I know kicking is very important, and that bringing in someone else would cause you to miss some kicks, but what happens if McNabb gets hurt and the other guy has to hand the ball off to the runningback and make some short passes for a few plays. I don't care if it loses a few games. He is going to be the second string quarterback."

Ok, I give up...

Feeley was really a 2nd string QB held back by his inability to balance a ball on it's tip.

Despite having a great game and great training camps, the Eagles only keep paying Detmer 2nd string money because he can hold a football well.

We brought Turk back because he's a good holder, not because he's loads better than Royals and is a more than adequate punter.

happy?

If he went to three and broke a record in one of them, then maybe he would have a chance to get into the hall of fame for the record he broke

Phinzone said:
Ok, I give up...

Feeley was really a 2nd string QB held back by his inability to balance a ball on it's tip.

Despite having a great game and great training camps, the Eagles only keep paying Detmer 2nd string money because he can hold a football well.

We brought Turk back because he's a good holder, not because he's loads better than Royals and is a more than adequate punter.

happy?

Ok I give up, being a holder isn't important. Anyone can be the holder. Kickers are not superstitious and do not become comfortable with holders. Miami didn't care that Turk was a holder. They would rather have a punter who's best years are behind him then some young gun who can really boot the ball. Chris Chambers can catch the ball, he should be the holder.

Back
Top Bottom