Fiedler Sucks "We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Sucks "We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference"

DolFinatic718

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Phinzone
How can anyone that watches the dolphins STILL defend Jay? He has heart, that's all. We win in SPITE of him, not BECAUSE of him, there's a HUGE difference. I can't remember a game where Jay "single handedly" won it for us. Not a SINGLE one.

In spite or because? You be the judge
VS. OAKLAND (SEPT. 23): Connected on 16 of 34 passes for 217 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions, but led the Dolphins to an 18-15 come-from-behind victory ... Also rushed for 34 yards and two touchdowns on eight attempts ... His first interception of the game came when S Derrick Gibson picked off a pass on the first series of the third quarter ... That snapped a string of 77 straight passes that Fiedler had thrown during the regular season without being intercepted ... Prior to that pass, the last time he was intercepted was by CB Jeff Burris against Indianapolis on December 17, 2000 at Pro Player Stadium ... His second interception was returned 26 yards for a touchdown by S Anthony Dorsett, which gave the Raiders a 15-10 lead with 12:41 to play in the game ... Trailing by that score, the Dolphins took over at their own 20 with 1:41 remaining and no timeouts ... Fiedler led the Dolphins on an 80-yard scoring march which resulted in his two-yard TD run with five seconds to play ... On the game-winning drive, Fiedler completed five of seven passes for 70 yards, including a nine-yard completion to Dedric Ward on fourth-and-three from the Raiders’ 18 ... In addition, Fiedler also scored on a two-yard run with 16 seconds to play in the first half, as he became just the third quarterback in Dolphins history to rush for two touchdowns in the same game, joining David Woodley (at Rams, 11/9/80) and Kyle Mackey (at N.Y. Jets, 10/18/87).

In spite or because? You be the judge
AT NEW ENGLAND (DEC. 24): Led the Dolphins to their first AFC East title since 1994 by completing 30 of 45 passes for a season-high 264 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions ... Completion and attempt totals marked career-highs ... Dolphins trailed 24-17 in the fourth quarter before Fiedler led two consecutive scoring drives in the final period, including one that ended with an Olindo Mare 49-yard field goal with nine seconds to play ... On those two drives, Fiedler completed 11 of 14 passes for 100 yards.

Phinzone

Don't you think it's sad that after FOUR seasons you can only come up with a handful of performances that 90% of us would call GOOD, and NONE that any of us could objectively call outstanding?

AT BUFFALO (DEC. 3): Was 13 of 21 for 214 yards and a career-high three touchdowns in leading the Dolphins to their first win in Buffalo since 1996 after missing the previous week at Indianapolis (11/26) ... Set a new team record by not throwing an interception in his fifth straight game.

AT SAN DIEGO (NOV. 12): Completed 13 of 20 passes for 160 yards, including a 61-yard strike to Oronde Gadsden, marking his longest completion of the season.
AT DETROIT (NOV. 5): Connected on 13 of 18 passes for 112 yards, as he put together a season-best 72.2 percent completion mark ... Also rushed for 42 yards on eight carries.

Did we lose because of Jay?
AT NEW ENGLAND (DEC. 22): Hit on 21 of 37 attempts for 320 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions ... Yardage total is the highest of his career, surpassing his previous best of 317 yards, which he accounted for as a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars on January 2, 2000 against Cincinnati ... It also marked the second 300-yard passing game of his career ... With the Dolphins, it was the 11th time that he had attempted a pass in a game and not been intercepted ... Of those 11 occasions, it was the first time that the Dolphins had lost.

VS. INDIANAPOLIS (DEC. 10): Was 18 of 26 for 191 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions in Miami’s 41-6 Monday night win ... The win marked his 20th win as a starter in 28 total starts, as he became the sixth fastest quarterback to reach 20 wins as a starter since 1980 ... The three touchdown passes tied a career-high that he had set on two previous occasions, including once in 2001 (at Buffalo, 11/25) ...

Denver's D was really good this year, I remember.
VS. DENVER (DEC. 2): Led the Dolphins to a 21-10 come-from-behind victory by completing 18 of 28 passes for 176 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions ... Lone TD of the game came on an 11-yard pass to Chris Chambers, 1:15 into the fourth quarter, closing the Broncos’ lead to 10-7 ... It marked the fifth fourth-quarter comeback win that Fiedler had led in 2001, the sixth of his career during the regular season, and seventh overall, including playoffs.

One of my favorite games. This game showcased all of Chambers great skills. Fiedler had a hell of a game and 4th quarter.
AT BUFFALO (NOV. 25): Completed 18 of 31 passes for 260 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions ... Also rushed for 28 yards on four carries ... All three occurred in the fourth quarter as the Dolphins entered the period trailing 21-10 ... First one came four seconds into the quarter on an eight-yard pass to TE Jed Weaver, closing the Bills’ lead to 21-17 ... After Buffalo took a 27-17 lead at the 8:16 mark, Fiedler came back to hit Chris Chambers for a 22-yard scoring strike with 4:07 to play, making it a 27-24 game ... After the Dolphins tied the game on an Olindo Mare 39-yard field goal with 1:11 remaining, the Dolphins recovered a fumble on the ensuing kickoff at the Bills’ 42, and three plays later, Fiedler found Chambers in the end zone for a 32-yard TD pass ... Overall in the fourth quarter, Fiedler completed 8 of 12 passes for 123 yards and three touchdowns ... It marked the fourth fourth-quarter comeback win that Fiedler had led in 2001, the fifth of his career during the regular season, and sixth overall, including playoffs.

Pretty hard to do with the recievers we had :)
VS. CAROLINA (NOV. 4): Connected on 20 of 33 passes for 287 yards with one touchdown and one interception in the Dolphins’ 23-6 victory ... His 20 completions went to eight different rec
eivers ... Was awarded a game ball on offense.

AT TENNESSEE (SEPT. 9): Led Dolphins to their tenth straight opening day win with a 31-23 victory ... Completed 12 of 20 passes for 225 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions ... It was his fifth-highest yardage total of the season, and his passer rating of 132.3 in that game was his best of 2001 ... Was awarded an offensive game ball for his performance.

VS. OAKLAND (DEC. 15): Completed 21 of 32 for 237 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions in a 23-17 win over the eventual AFC champions ... Touchdown came on a five-yard pass to Cris Carter, the 130th touchdown of Carter’s career during the regular season, as Fiedler became the 13th different quarterback to throw a touchdown to Carter ... Was awarded a game ball on offense.

T-Rock

He's is NOT a very good QB, he's a bottom half at best...

Again, pretty hard to do with our core of recievers.
3,000 YARDS PASSING: Fiedler threw for 3,290 yards in 2001, as he became just the second quarterback in club history to reach the 3,000-yard passing plateau, and the first since 1998 ...Along with C Tim Ruddy, was voted by his teammates as a co-captain on offense ... Started all 16 regular season games in 2001 ... Completed 273 of 450 passes for 3,290 yards with 20 touchdowns and 19 interceptions, for a passer rating of 80.3, which ranked seventh in the AFC...Became just the second Dolphins quarterback (Dan Marino) to throw for 3,000 yards in a season, and the third signal caller in team history to throw 20 or more touchdowns (Dan Marino, Bob Griese) ... His rating was the highest by a Dolphins quarterback since 1997 when Dan Marino put together a rating of 80.7 ... Also finished second on the team with 321 yards rushing and four touchdowns on 73 attempts ... Led the team in rushing twice during the course of the year ... It marked the first time since 1998, and just the third time over the last seven seasons (1995-01) that a Dolphins quarterback started every regular season game ... Led the Dolphins to five fourth-quarter comeback wins over the course of the year.

What dolphin fan could forget this game? :confused:
Yes sure Jay deserved no credit for this win either.
AT DENVER (OCT. 13): Connected on 19 of 29 passes (65.5%) for 210 yards with no touchdowns and one interception ... Sustained a fractured right thumb in the fourth quarter, but finished the game ... Was 6-9 passing for 76 yards in the fourth quarter to lead the Dolphins back from a 22-21 deficit to a 24-22 win on an Olindo Mare 53-yard field goal with six seconds to play ... Hit consecutive completions of 17 yards to Randy McMichael and 22 yards to Dedric Ward to move Miami from its own 26 to the Broncos’ 35 to put the Dolphins in field goal range ... It was Fiedler’s eighth career fourth-quarter comeback win (including a home playoff game) and his fifth on the road ... Was awarded an offensive game ball.

Believe we lost this game
VS. NEW ENGLAND (OCT. 6): Completed 17 of 27 passes for 190 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions ... Amassed a passer rating of 108.6 ... Rushed for 18 yards on three attempts, including an eight-yard TD run to open the scoring in the Dolphins’ 26-13 victory ... The score was the eighth rushing touchdown of his career, moving him into sole possession of third on the Dolphins’ all-time list among quarterbacks ... Was awarded a game ball on offense.

Another GAme ball!!!
AT INDIANAPOLIS (SEPT. 15): Hit on 13 of 18 passes for 187 yards with two touchdowns and one interception... Put together a passer rating of 119.4, his second-best figure of the year ... Completion percentage of 72.2 was a season-high and is tied for the third-best figure of his career ... Also rushed for 30 yards on seven carries including a touchdown, coming on a one-yard touchdown run... . In that contest he moved past David Woodley into third place in Dolphins history for most passing yardage ... Was awarded an offensive game ball.

Pretty Good passer Rating right here :D
2002 GAME HIGHLIGHTS – VS. DETROIT (SEPT. 8): Completed 18 of 27 passes for 207 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions in season-opening 49-21 win over the Lions, the Dolphins’ 11th straight victory on opening day ... Three scores tied a personal high that he achieved on three previous occasions, most recently on December 10, 2001 against Indianapolis ... Compiled a season-best passer rating of 126.6.

RECORD AS A STARTER: Fiedler is one of the winningest active quarterbacks in the league ... His record as a starting quarterback is 29-13, including a 28-13 record with the Dolphins and a 1-0 mark with Jacksonville (1999) ... Of current NFL quarterbacks with at least 25 starts in their careers, Fiedler’s winning percentage of .690 is the second-best in the league ... In addition, his 29-13 record after 42 games as a starter is the second-best record after 42 career games started among active quarterbacks ... When Fiedler reached 25 wins in his 35th career start, a Miami 30-3 victory over the Jets on September 22 at Pro Player Stadium, he tied for the fifth fastest quarterback (along with Stan Humphries) to reach 25 wins since 1980, trailing only Dan Marino (30 starts), Kurt Warner (31), Jay Schroeder (32), and Steve Bono (34).

Yea sounds like bottome half to me.

Not As much Research as Rick but I'm tired either way....

Sorry man, but he's just not very accurate. Every week we see him severely underthrow Chambers deep. We see receivers reaching back on short passes. And there just isn't a lot of mustard on the ball. It'd be one thing if he made up for it with accuracy. But he doesn't.

The Chambers injury during the Denver game was his fault. He threw that ball up there and got his WR killed. Did the same thing to Ricky in last year's Jet game. Good thing Ricky already had two kids, because the Jet defender got him right in the midsection.

He had some really good games in his four years here. But most of them should have been BETTER had he made some passes he should have made. His tenure has been mired with inconsistency. And he doesn't even throw a pretty spiral anymore (that thumb injury did it for him).

Look, I love the guy's heart and tenacity. I love the team-first attitude. But there's a reason why the Phins have been trying to replace him since 2001.

Muck said:
Sorry man, but he's just not very accurate. Every week we see him severely underthrow Chambers deep. We see receivers reaching back on short passes. And there just isn't a lot of mustard on the ball. It'd be one thing if he made up for it with accuracy. But he doesn't.

The Chambers injury during the Denver game was his fault. He threw that ball up there and got his WR killed. Did the same thing to Ricky in last year's Jet game. Good thing Ricky already had two kids, because the Jet defender got him right in the midsection.

He had some really good games in his four years here. But most of them should have been BETTER had he made some passes he should have made. His tenure has been mired with inconsistency. And he doesn't even throw a pretty spiral anymore (that thumb injury did it for him).

Look, I love the guy's heart and tenacity. I love the team-first attitude. But there's a reason why the Phins have been trying to replace him since 2001.

I still can't believe the size of the line of teams vying to aquire him earlier this year...oh i'm sorry, that was the lynch mob...lol

i love the guy(hence the username ;)), but even i can admit that the guy severely regressed this past season after improving steadily in each of his first three season in miami.

-2002 was his best season as a dolphin qb, leading the team to no less than 5 fourth quarter comeback victories.

-was well on his way to a pro bowl selection in 2003 before injuring the thumb at denver. lucas took over, and the rest is history. jay did everything in his power to secure victories vs minnesota and NE: but numerous missed opps to secure turnovers and a dropped cris carter td followed by an 11 point fourth quarter lead on the road vs the defending champs which would not hold up...all spelled a missed opportunity at a possible SB berth.

-last season, jay was just flat out ineffective with few exceptions. pardon the cliche', but you're either growing or you're dying. its time for a change, although the jury's out on feely. wheter or not he is an upgrade is yet to be determined.

Muck said:

Come on Muck I expected more from you. The Chambers injury was Jay's fault?? Chambers ran a slant and Jay still got hit as he was throwing it. There is no way the OL should let their QB get hit on a quick slant. That was the OLs fault NOT Jay's. The one where he threw back to RW you could have a case but not the Chambers injury in the Denver game.

EDIT: Yes, I'm abusing my power. My reply. Muck

Now as for you saying his passes are all off-target I will admit some are off, but I watched all the Panther games last year and so were Jake's. I know that is just one example, but every day after every game up here fans were complaining about the same exact thing. The difference between the two is up here we have recievers who will come back and fight for the ball, and know how to use their bodies to get between the ball and the DB. Jake didn't hit a single guy all year in stride on anything but deep balls. I'll admit his deep ball is better, but overall he is less accurate than Jay, and he went to the SB.

If anyone really thinks Jay is the reason we have not made it to the SB it is b/c you are blinded by bitterness. Jay has not been the problem, he is gettng older now and we need to find a replacement soon, but it won't be AJ Feeley.

BTW this is a great thread, I wish I had the time to go back and add to it

I got one game where Jay single handly made the game himself, Dallas. AFC player of the week as well.

NCFINFAN38 said:
Come on Muck I expected more from you. The Chambers injury was Jay's fault?? Chambers ran a slant and Jay still got hit as he was throwing it. There is no way the OL should let their QB get hit on a quick slant. That was the OLs fault NOT Jay's. The one where he threw back to RW you could have a case but not the Chambers injury in the Denver game.

Now as for you saying his passes are all off-target I will admit some are off, but I watched all the Panther games last year and so were Jake's. I know that is just one example, but every day after every game up here fans were complaining about the same exact thing. The difference between the two is up here we have recievers who will come back and fight for the ball, and know how to use their bodies to get between the ball and the DB. Jake didn't hit a single guy all year in stride on anything but deep balls. I'll admit his deep ball is better, but overall he is less accurate than Jay, and he went to the SB.

If anyone really thinks Jay is the reason we have not made it to the SB it is b/c you are blinded by bitterness. Jay has not been the problem, he is gettng older now and we need to find a replacement soon, but it won't be AJ Feeley.

BTW this is a great thread, I wish I had the time to go back and add to it
How do you know that?

Here are some stats for ya mister...

Jay Fiedler has thrown at least 1 INT in 37 out of 58 games he has played as a Dolphin.

the breakdown..

2000- 15 games, 9 w/ an INT
2001- 16 games, 10 w/ an INT
2002- 11 games, 6 w/ an INT
2003- 12 games, 8 w/ an INT

oh yeah, and in the playoffs..he played 4 games...he threw INT's in all 4 games!

We win in SPITE of him.

Gladsadmad said:
Here are some stats for ya mister...

Jay Fiedler has thrown at least 1 INT in 37 out of 58 games he has played as a Dolphin.

the breakdown..

2000- 15 games, 9 w/ an INT
2001- 16 games, 10 w/ an INT
2002- 11 games, 6 w/ an INT
2003- 12 games, 8 w/ an INT

oh yeah, and in the playoffs..he played 4 games...he threw INT's in all 4 games!

We win in SPITE of him.

Ok and? NO one said he was Marino

Back
Top Bottom