Final cuts thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final cuts thread

Barth got replaced for a reason

Very accurate but he can no longer blast the ball thru the EZ on kickoffs. I'm guessing Franks will eventually win the job because he has a very strong leg.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
Former Saints offensive tackle Antonio Johnson to join Steelers' practice squad

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Cardinals agreed to trade conditional 7th-rd pick to Eagles for Matt Barkley, per source. Eagles get pick if Barkley on roster for 6 games.

No we did not. As a fan of the U I can honestly say Stephen Morris sucks. Way too erratic, terrible reads, woefully inaccurate and on 3rd and short I guarantee you he'll throw it 50 yards down the field when all he has to do is hit his outlet for a sure 1st down...horrible decision making. I want no part of that.
Im fairly sure we offered him a free agent deal but he turned us down

Very accurate but he can no longer blast the ball thru the EZ on kickoffs. I'm guessing Franks will eventually win the job because he has a very strong leg.

Even if Sturgis is kept Franks will be on the PS. And when Sturgis gets hurt, and we know he will, Franks will get called up and Sturgis will end up getting cut.

Even if Sturgis is kept Franks will be on the PS. And when Sturgis gets hurt, and we know he will, Franks will get called up and Sturgis will end up getting cut.

Well according to Jackson that was the plan to try and keep him on practice squad, but you have the risk of him getting claimed, and if Sturgis gets hurt guess you would have to go out and sign a free-agent.

Conditional seventh round pick for barkley. I wonder was that what we offered before we pulled thenplug to sign freeman

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

I wouldn’t assume Tebow made team just because Barkley didn’t. Could just keep 2 QBs.

Oh well never mind.

No we did not. As a fan of the U I can honestly say Stephen Morris sucks. Way too erratic, terrible reads, woefully inaccurate and on 3rd and short I guarantee you he'll throw it 50 yards down the field when all he has to do is hit his outlet for a sure 1st down...horrible decision making. I want no part of that.

This. I'm more comfortable with Bethel-Thompson and how many ints has he had this preseason.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I think we should do the exact opposite. Give the job to Franks, and if he struggles Sturgis will still be out there. We know Sturgis is a lousy NFL kicker. Franks is unproven. And if you need a tiebreaker he's better on kickoffs.

Well according to Jackson that was the plan to try and keep him on practice squad, but you have the risk of him getting claimed, and if Sturgis gets hurt guess you would have to go out and sign a free-agent.

And that might be why we're waiting to announce the final cuts. Most teams are set at K but there are 2 or 3 you have to worry about.

I like your optimism lol. We need more of that in the world.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 48s49 seconds ago
Falcons released QB Rex Grossman, per source.

Back
Top Bottom