Final cuts thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final cuts thread

What are you sayin? ;-)

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 55m55 minutes ago

Mason Foster - cut by #Bears today - earned top-12 preseason ILB grade from @PFF among 110 qualifiers. 15 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 50m50 minutes ago

Mason Foster cut by Bears, per a source. Had a sack and two tackles for losses in under 20 snaps this week; forced fumble previous week

Jags cut Storm Johnson, he would def be a player I'd bring in and find out how quick he can learn a playbook. Coud be a nice up grade to gil and lamike, could handle some csrries if needed until Ajayi got back.

Interesting. I remember this kid being a short yardage beast at UCF.

Damn. I was rooting for Luc. I like his old school style. Also he's a bearcat. Maybe we can stash him on the ps.

Those hips are always gonna limit his impact and your ability to play him every down...unfortunately...i like everything about him otherwise but theres not a damn thing we can do about it at mike

give and take

Is it not something you can work on? Seriously asking. I dont know. Zt didn't have great hip flexibility either did he? I was pretty young during zt days so that wasn't something I looked for back then. If vigil could be 3/4 the player ZT was we'd have ourselves a good starting LB.

so when is the deadline? tomorrow isn't it? for final roster

The Dolphins were supposedly interested in Mason Foster during free agency weren't they?

I hope Hazel makes it

Ozzy rules!!

Is it not something you can work on? Seriously asking. I dont know. Zt didn't have great hip flexibility either did he? I was pretty young during zt days so that wasn't something I looked for back then. If vigil could be 3/4 the player ZT was we'd have ourselves a good starting LB.

No ZT did not have great hips however had incredible natural instinct and was film room junkie. I believe Vigil can overcome his limited hips and became a very productive MLB for us.

The Dolphins were supposedly interested in Mason Foster during free agency weren't they?

You are correct

The Dolphins explored middle linebackers this offseason, but the Jets’ David Harris never made it to free agency; Mason Foster said Miami finished second behind Chicago in the pursuit for him; and the Dolphins passed on new Patriot Brandon Spikes because of vulnerabilities in pass coverage.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...s-ummls-update-golden-heat-draft-marlins.html

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
#Eagles have informed S Ed Reynolds that they are planning to release him, source said.

You would hide him best in zone which miami plays plenty of with the lbs but the mike is responsible for the middle of the field primarily and as a result deals with a lot of quick change of direction cause the space allows for more 2 way goes etc...its the quick change of direction where you will exploit him

If you get him isolated in coverage by scheme or formation you can do a lot of damage...as a tackler hes off to the side a lot also cause he doesnt always square up the target cause hes straight linish and has to break down...which leaves him at times having to dive especially in space

Instincts and awareness wise he looks the part...not zach thomas level instincts mind you but definitely the best of our mike options...i think you could hide his hips more at strong provided he can handle the poa responsibilities

He reads his keys well inside...

But a good oc is gonna iso that if you put it in man coverage be it out the backfield coming thru the middle of the formation and out cutting to space with vertical clear outs elsewhere or in the flat...you run a vertical straight line you do vigil a favor...even wheel routes he probably is able to undercut the back down the field on provided he doesnt take a poor angle

why would they cut mason foster hes good

I hope Hazel makes it

Ozzy rules!!

You would hide him best in zone which miami plays plenty of with the lbs but the mike is responsible for the middle of the field primarily and as a result deals with a lot of quick change of direction cause the space allows for more 2 way goes etc...its the quick change of direction where you will exploit him

If you get him isolated in coverage by scheme or formation you can do a lot of damage...as a tackler hes off to the side a lot also cause he doesnt always square up the target cause hes straight linish and has to break down...which leaves him at times having to dive especially in space

Instincts and awareness wise he looks the part...not zach thomas level instincts mind you but definitely the best of our mike options...i think you could hide his hips more at strong provided he can handle the poa responsibilities

He reads his keys well inside...

But a good oc is gonna iso that if you put it in man coverage be it out the backfield coming thru the middle of the formation and out cutting to space with vertical clear outs elsewhere or in the flat...you run a vertical straight line you do vigil a favor...even wheel routes he probably is able to undercut the back down the field on provided he doesnt take a poor angle

Man I don't know hoops, I just don't see his hips being as bad as you see it. You don't set school tackling record when you have limited COD. Some of of what appeared to be lack of COD in preseason I think was just indecision. He will make the team so I guess we will see.

Back
Top Bottom