FinHeaven Unleashes Draft Central | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Unleashes Draft Central

Wo, rather high on Hall aren't you? I haven't seen one reputable site have him higher than a possible 5th rounder.

Oy, I dunno...I don't care how talented Dunta Robinson is if he's there I take someone else. Selecting a 1st round CB now would be even worst than when we took Fletcher because now we have not one, not two, but THREE corners signed longterm.

If Shawn Andrews is not there, I would look to draft a defensive player that would replace one of the high salaries with a rookie salary which would mean the CB, MLB and OLB positions.

There are great talent available there at those positions.

Vilma at MLB, Robinson at CB and Karlos Dansby at OLB. Randy Starks would be great, but the DT salaries are not very high even though they both are getting nicked up. It is only my thought process but I believe this thought process would be beneficial.

Shawn Andrews is a toss up. Not so sure on him.

CK - as I said in my Carey report, more teams worked him out at T than G and he played better at T than he did at G which is why I listed him in the tackle ratings. If he had been in my G ratings he would have been 3rd.

Madison 29 - Hall is being listed everywhere as a T which is why he's a little lower. I happen to think after seeing him a number of times, most importantly 2 years ago when he didn't have the hip injury, that he can be an excellent G. Plus, the general OL field is very poor this year. An experienced player like Hall will go higher than you think. I'm just giving you my rankings based on what I have seen on tape for years with these kids. It would be pretty dull if we all had the same opinion on guys.

Rude, I'm working on it mate!!

BTW - Muck now has my mock draft, so that should be up soon.

CK - as I said in my Carey report, more teams worked him out at T than G and he played better at T than he did at G which is why I listed him in the tackle ratings. If he had been in my G ratings he would have been 3rd.

Thank you thats what I wanted to know. I didn't realize more teams worked him out at T than G. I know he played better in college as a tackle than guard but I think his future is at guard in the NFL specifically because I believe he won't cut it as a tackle in the NFL but he's too good not to see playing time...similar situation to Bobbie Williams I guess. Thats just what I think tho...lately I've been hearing Carey touted as a tackle a little more but I remain skeptical.

I can see us trading a couple of spots to take Carey, Smiley or Snee if anyone is willing and Andrews is gone

I apologize guys. Boomer sent me the mock last night. And I worked on it till I fell asleep. But this weekend my very small company bought out a very large one. So now I'm working insane hours Mondays thru Saturdays. And I'm exhausted. And just as I'm just walking in the door now, I'm getting called off on a side job 25 mins away. So I'll see you guys later. :(

It's crazy. I get laid off and struggle just to barely keep from getting evicted for a year. Now I've got all the work I can handle and finally look to be bouncing back. In two days things have changed 180 degrees for me. So many opportunities now. Life's a roller coaster. Thank you Jesus.

I promise to get that mock draft up ASAP. It's really good. Boomer did a great job as usual. And I hate to have great stuff for the site just sitting around (and neglecting other responsibilities here). But I'm just running out of hours in the day. And I need at least a few hours sleep each night. :)

Check out

BillsZone Draft Central and the BillsZone Draft -O-Matic 5000

The Draft-o-matic is a mock draft engine. a dozen or so prospects the Bills could be looking at in each round that should be there when the Bills pick. You can create your own Mock draft! This one iis set up along Bill's needs, but could be modified for a Miami draft or whatever team you root for. This one is set up for the Bills- No 6th round, 2 7th round picks, light on positions the Bills don't need

Hey Muck- I know how much effort goes into these things- we should consider combining efforts next season for a real kick- *** draft page. The player profiles are the hardest.

That is quite impressive, DD. Great job.

Just an update......I am finishing the DE's now, and as I have 4 days off for the Easter weekend, I hope to have the DT's and at least one LB spot done by close of play Monday.

With the draft just 2 weeks away, I am still aiming to of course do a position by position guide, a few days to go Mock, a Miami mock with a twist and Boomer's Value picks - late round and free agent types I like.

Is there any worth in having a pre-draft chat session, in a chat room at some time?

Boomer,

I definitely think a chat session, or at least a Q&A thread is a GREAT idea. I actually wanted to suggest something similar but didnt want to burden you with the additional work. :)

Surf - I also think it's a good idea and I'm happy to do it. Typically, I have to go to Belfast for work on the Thursday before the draft and in fact I will miss the first hour of ithe draft because my flight home doesn't land till 20 minutes before the start. But anything that last week, when the rumours and the news are really flowing, would be perfect. I will e-mail George and see if we can set it up.

More than happy to give people as much info as possible.

Great stuff, although I was surprised to not see Jason Peters on the TE list. A 330 lb TE that runs the 40 in 4.90, how can that be overlooked?

Back
Top Bottom