Fins interview DL coach Kris Kocurek - now hired | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins interview DL coach Kris Kocurek - now hired

8 sacks his rookie year, 12 sacks this past year.... am I missing something
What everyone who wants Ziggy is missing is that he hasn't been healthy the past two seasons. This past season he started the year with 6 sacks in the first two games and then had three sacks against the Giants in week 16. So he had 9 sacks in three games and three sacks in the other 11 games he played while dealing with numerous injuries throughout the season.
Ziggy Ansah hasn't been right from a health standpoint since the beginning of last season, but the Detroit Lions' sack leader said he's "pretty confident" he can return to form in 2018.

"I’ve been dealing with a lot all year long," Ansah said Thursday. "I’m just happy that I’m able to come out and produce and help my team."

Ansah has spent 25 of a possible 32 weeks on the injury report over the last two seasons with an assortment of ailments to his ankle, knee, shoulder and back. On Thursday, he had the middle finger on his left hand in a splint and mostly hidden in his sweatshirt as he talked to reporters.
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/12/28/detroit-lions-ziggy-ansah/988377001/

The fact he got 3 sacks on week 16 points to him being fine NOW.

Branch/Harris- Suh- Phillips/Ziggy on passing downs- Ziggy/Wake...

I don't want to break the bank for ansah, maybe with an injury history, he comes a little cheaper than we would think. What might whitehead's price range be? I think he could be a decent to above average LB to fill in for now, and lessen the draft need

The fact he got 3 sacks on week 16 points to him being fine NOW.

the fact that its the giants oline points to piling up stats vs a bad outfit

I bet he gets at least $85 mil barring medical as a plus run defender 8 to 12 sack projection guy

Last edited:
What everyone who wants Ziggy is missing is that he hasn't been healthy the past two seasons. This past season he started the year with 6 sacks in the first two games and then had three sacks against the Giants in week 16. So he had 9 sacks in three games and three sacks in the other 11 games he played while dealing with numerous injuries throughout the season.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/12/28/detroit-lions-ziggy-ansah/988377001/
I have to amend this post. I read the schedule wrong, they had weeks reversed. Ansah finished the season with 6 sacks, three each in weeks 16 and 17 against the Bengals and Packers. So up until week 15, Ziggy had 6 sacks on the season.

Back
Top Bottom