Fins trade for Robert Quinn - 4th round pick and swap of 6ths | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade for Robert Quinn - 4th round pick and swap of 6ths

@ckparrot: I’ll just say that splitting hairs on negotiations for a healthy Jarvis Landry but dishing out $10 million for a guy who holds mid round league value at a position that isn’t necessarily a need...is extremely in character for this Dolphins front office.

this is fair from @ckparrothead throwing money at the likes of Mcdonald, Branch, Kiko etc is exactly why we have let so many players we develop go.

Do I like the idea of giving Landry a huge deal? no. But id rather give Landry 30 than give Branch 10

Bingo. It is a habitual bad habit that you thought was over with OV. But it looks like Juwan James and Landry may feel it and likely Jordan Phillips. Not superstars but this is not a good course of action at all.

The wanted to move him for really anything. Doesnt fit what they do on Defense going forward. Need cap room for key re-signs

Fine by me. I can't remember the last time the fins were on the right side of a deal like this. What a bargain if he stays healthy.

Good addition if he can return to the form of 2012-2014. Even last season he did okay so it's a worthwhile move.

How the hell could Quinn not fit “ anything “ they are doing . Guy collapses the pocket who the heck doesn’t need that

Ok this is what my Buddy Says.

4th and Swap of 6ths

And why they wanted to move him.

Doesnt fit what they want to do on defense.
Has an availability issue with the money he gets
Hasnt been the same since the back Injury
Rams dont feel they will see a full 16 game season out of him and too much to pay for a rotational player

Bingo. It is a habitual bad habit that you thought was over with OV. But it looks like Juwan James and Landry may feel it and likely Jordan Phillips. Not superstars but this is not a good course of action at all.

We are still feeling the loss of Clay. Oh well we invested that money we saved so well in Cameron, Thomas etc

Yep. Got a friend that works for Rams. Told
Me about Sammy trade well before it came
Out. That is what he told me the package is
Fair enough.

Swapping 6ths and sending them them a 4th? (Hopefully the eagles one) and this is a hell of a trade.

Well at least we know Miami will cut bait with Branch after 2018 when his contract becomes cuttable. Even with a bad back Branch can’t touch Quinn’s jock strap!!!

Ok this is what my Buddy Says.

4th and Swap of 6ths

And why they wanted to move him.

Doesnt fit what they want to do on defense.
Has an availability issue with the money he gets
Hasnt been the same since the back Injury
Rams dont feel they will see a full 16 game season out of him and too much to pay for a rotational player

Agree that they just wanted to shift him to invest money in other extenions.

And our FO loves nothing better than a player with injury flags.

Though for a 4th this seems a good gamble. The issue is the amount of cap space they wasted on previous defensive free agents

Keep Hayes, Keep Wake, draft Roquan (or Rashaan) and our defense look good for 2018.

Defensive line is solid, and at DB we have a healthy Lippett, a healthy Tank, a healthy X, a Pro Bowler at Jones (who must step up), a newly confident McCain, and TJ the hammer.

Focus on scheme, QB play, TE play, guard play, and a big #2RB, and it may be a fun season next year.
Going to need a WR also

Don't jump the gun. Lets see what we gave up. T-dumb always gives up more than he should

Ozzy rules!!

I know, right? I hate to be this way, but I am waiting for the kick in the nuts we always get. I am hopeful because everyone is saying it's a good deal, but I don't want to get too excited. It always seems like we get the shaft in these types of deals.

Back
Top Bottom