Fisher flys back to SD, will make final decision around family | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fisher flys back to SD, will make final decision around family

Unless he offers him an insane amount of money, he will be the Rams coach.
He spent close to a week with the Rams, and only three hours with Ross, Peeterson, and Ireland.
Not much time to make an impression.
He has met with the Rams QB, and staff.
Ross is a desparate fool.

Where do you get this stuff? He spent an hour or two in Denver with the Rams owner and then spent part of today at the Rams facility. I'm sure he was meeting with the Rams on Saturday while he was duck hunting.

Keep making stuff up. It is becoming quite funny.

Leaving St Louis without a commitment to them could be a huge break. He is indeed torn and Ross needs to make his offer too good to turn down if he really wants him. Not just in terms of money but in personnel decisions as well. Fisher doesn't want full control he just wants assurances this won't be a repeat of his time with the Titans. Obviously the scale has tipped in the Rams favor but just like the 49ers fans giving up on Harbaugh when reports had him close to agreeing with Miami, this isn't over.

Leaving St Louis without a commitment to them could be a huge break. He is indeed torn and Ross needs to make his offer too good to turn down if he really wants him. Not just in terms of money but in personnel decisions as well. Fisher doesn't want full control he just wants assurances this won't be a repeat of his time with the Titans. Obviously the scale has tipped in the Rams favor but just like the 49ers fans giving up on Harbaugh when reports had him close to agreeing with Miami, this isn't over.

Well if Dolphin fans want Fisher then Ireland should be fired.

I'll give Fisher one thing, he has better PR people than we do... "making final decision around family." So Normal Rockwell. I can almost see a fireplace with a kid on his lap while he strokes their hair. Meanwhile, we're thumping our chest about not being out-bid.

Not knocking Ross for what he's done to this point, but I really wish they'd find the person who keeps feeding to stuff to the media and shoot them. Other organizations lock this stuff down and handle their business. As secretive as we are with most things, we're too damn giddy about our intentions.

I don't understand the problems people have with Fisher trying to get money. Who out there wouldn't try to milk a team for everything. It doesn't mean money is the only thing, but this will most likely be his last gig in the NFL. All players and coaches try to get the most money when they know it will be their last contract.

He took his shot, but like some of the others around here I am turned off by the mentality of buying someone.
Sure, everyone wants to be paid well for what they do, but I don't think that money is everything in life.
Honesty, sincerity and quality of life as well as a unwavering commitment to winning is a huge factor.
Fisher is already a millionaire, and he will be paid millions wherever he goes.
It is not always about the money.
Frankly, when Fisher sat down with those guys, I think he was really turned off by the whole meeting.
He couldn't wait to get out of Miami.
I am sure that Ross is doing everything possible (short of firing Ireland) in the only way he knows how(money).
I would love to have Fisher as the coach.
Ross will up the offer Monday, and Fisher will sign with the Rams.
We come up short again.

What really...really bugs me is that we are not interviewing Billick.
The rumor that Ross has an axe to grind with him is just childish behavior by the billionaire. Ireland doesn't want him because he may lose his job or surrender to a diminished role.
I am not happy with our ownership right now. They are not doing what is in the best interest of the Miami Dolphins IMHO.

imo Billick is or never was a coach ,hell Billick makes sparano look like Lombardi when billick went to the ravens all he did was stand on the sideline and scream he never was a coach and never will be i remember him well and other teams know this to hell im not at all for bringing in rob ryan ,but i would rather have him or even sparano bk before we bring billick even close to miami , he just isnt meant to be a coach . plain and simple.

i agree 100% leaving without a contract ? imo theres something up there because if i was Fisher i would have stayed in ST,Louis (if i was going to sign with them ) to have my press confrence with the owner of the Rams there to introduce me to my new team ,imo i smell something fishey in Fisher. lol

I'll give Fisher one thing, he has better PR people than we do... "making final decision around family." So Normal Rockwell. I can almost see a fireplace with a kid on his lap while he strokes their hair. Meanwhile, we're thumping our chest about not being out-bid.

Not knocking Ross for what he's done to this point, but I really wish they'd find the person who keeps feeding to stuff to the media and shoot them. Other organizations lock this stuff down and handle their business. As secretive as we are with most things, we're too damn giddy about our intentions.

imo i just dont buy that , i mean his family or wife could have gone with him ,and even if not there are such things as telephones and or we all know that he has done talked this over with the wife ,as i said before im not buying it ,imo i think theres more to this lil hoopla than we know .

you guys give him some credit for trying to turn this thing around, it's his money, haven't you ever overpaid for something? sure you did. yeshhhh!

I'll give Ross credit for trying to get the best proven commodity available instead of a team like Tampa who is chasing much cheaper options. He has done much better with this then last year with the Harbaugh fiasco.

I know that a lot of folks like to give Ross a hard time, but I am not completely convinced he is an idiot with a big wallet. The fact that they announced new interviews tells me they are moving on. I don't think Ross is going to overpay here. I know he looked silly with th Harbaugh pursuit, but his instincts appear to have been correct. He also nixed the Orton idea because he did not want to overpay (from reports I have read). Fisher is obviously a first choice for Ross, but I think Ross knows from last year's experience that money isn't going to buy Fisher. He has made his pitch and if says no Ross will say goodbye. He may try to sweeten the pot a bit, but again, Ithink Ross has pretty much moved on. I just don't buy that he is going to keep throwing a bunch of cash his way. Just my opinion.

I mentioned this a few days ago that he'd consult his family first. Doesn't anyone remember the Harbaugh excusion last year? he did the same thing. It's not just as cut and dry as taking a job. You're uprooting lives. It's a big decision.

I wouldn't be surprised if there nothing heard today. I also wouldn't be surprised if this thing isn't strung out until Wednesday.

Fisher will take as much time as we wants. Ross is a smart man, but money will not win him over.
We are headed for another obscure journeyman head coach IMHO.
What worries me is what kind of staff we will put together.

Back
Top Bottom