****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

Good game Seminoles. I'd still have FSU ranked ahead of Ohio St. and USC if it was up to me.

I feel terrible for Francois, I just hope the kid is ok. He's tough as they come.

Akers has such rare ability. He'll be a great one soon.

Might see this game again in the playoffs. Good luck rest of the season, and all of our thoughts are certainly with Deondre Francois.

Thanks Slimm. Y'all played a hell of a game tonight. I hope Francois will be alright, the offense is very dependent on him.

DIg3q_7XoAMIa2n.jpg:large

Looks like we are in the top 6...these programs are recruiting monsters...

Last year I was all in on Cam Akers signing with FSU, this year Surtain Jr. is my guy...I think it will end up being a 4 way race between Bama, OSU, LSU, and The Noles.

Can't count Clemson out. Getting he #1 and #2 overall players helps their chances.

HS kids wanna play with other great HS kids. That final 6 is mostly everyone's final 6 these days haha

Just saw Francois is out for the year. Sorry to hear that. Tough break for him and the Seminoles. Don't know anything about his backup but I'd think this puts a damper on the playoff hopes.

That's a season killer. I think they're starting that freshman 3 star over older, higher rated guys. Not a ringing endorsement for the depth behind Francois. Roster is obscenely loaded with talent so it will be interesting to see how they bounce back from this.

Tough break. Hope he fully recovers for next year.

Sorry about Francois guys. I was hoping for a full strength match up this season just to see where we were at. Hopefully you wont drop too far in the rankings this week.

That's a season killer. I think they're starting that freshman 3 star over older, higher rated guys. Not a ringing endorsement for the depth behind Francois. Roster is obscenely loaded with talent so it will be interesting to see how they bounce back from this.

Tough break. Hope he fully recovers for next year.

Thank goodness we have a lower end opponent before having to face Miami. Hopefully, we can get his feet wet. FML!

Just saw Francois is out for the year. Sorry to hear that. Tough break for him and the Seminoles. Don't know anything about his backup but I'd think this puts a damper on the playoff hopes.

It is a shame after the beating he took last year I was really hoping he would get his chance at a national title. I met him in the spring and he is a really nice kid...such a shame to see it happen to him.

As far as the season...as long as Blackmon is ready by the time we face Clemson I think we will be fine. Talent is deep on defense who should keep us in most games...Akers looks like a legit stud at TB, and the WR group looks better than anticipated.

As far as the 3 star rankings...Mariota, Prescott, and Matt Ryan were 3 stars...not Saying Blackmon will be a stud, but he has done something for Jimbo to trust him.

It is a shame after the beating he took last year I was really hoping he would get his chance at a national title. I met him in the spring and he is a really nice kid...such a shame to see it happen to him.

As far as the season...as long as Blackmon is ready by the time we face Clemson I think we will be fine. Talent is deep on defense who should keep us in most games...Akers looks like a legit stud at TB, and the WR group looks better than anticipated.

As far as the 3 star rankings...Mariota, Prescott, and Matt Ryan were 3 stars...not Saying Blackmon will be a stud, but he has done something for Jimbo to trust him.
Stars are over rated. Bush Jr and Metelus were 3 stars and are studs. Guys fit what coaches do so they offer them. Stars and class rankings are nice for fans to talk about in the off season.

Last edited:
Stars are over rated. Bush Jr and Metelus were 3 stars and are studs. Guys fit what coaches do so they offer them. Stars and class rankings are nice for fans to talk about in the off season.

I agree to an extent but you're gonna find a much better connect rate with the 'no brainers'.

If they were so overrated then how is Alabama sustaining this dynasty? Pretty impressive how they manage to dominate with meddling QB play. Is Saban a master sorcerer or does he have a roster stacked with NFL talent year in and year out?

The teams with the best recruiting classes (*5 stars*) are typically competing for titles in college football, point blank.

I agree to an extent but you're gonna find a much better connect rate with the 'no brainers'.

If they were so overrated then how is Alabama sustaining this dynasty? Pretty impressive how they manage to dominate with meddling QB play. Is Saban a master sorcerer or does he have a roster stacked with NFL talent year in and year out?

The teams with the best recruiting classes (*5 stars*) are typically competing for titles in college football, point blank.

Fortunately, FSU has been top 5 over the last 5 or so years...and most likely ranks 3rd (overall) behind Bama and OSU during that span. One of the reasons I think they will get through most of the season with little trouble until they play Clemson. Hopefully, by then, Blackmon will have enough live experience to get us through that game.

Yes, you will get a higher percentage of 5 stars who perform well, but like the draft, it is no guarantee, just as a 3 or 2 star player having great success. Much of it comes from kids not being in premier programs or having poor high school coaching.

Fortunately, FSU has been top 5 over the last 5 or so years...and most likely ranks 3rd (overall) behind Bama and OSU during that span. One of the reasons I think they will get through most of the season with little trouble until they play Clemson. Hopefully, by then, Blackmon will have enough live experience to get us through that game.

Yes, you will get a higher percentage of 5 stars who perform well, but like the draft, it is no guarantee, just as a 3 or 2 star player having great success. Much of it comes from kids not being in premier programs or having poor high school coaching.

You guys should be fine and mow through that conference. Fisher has put together some very nice classes for Noles fans. Now we'll see if he's another Ron Zook or if he can actually coach. Silver linings I guess ...

Gotta play the percentages with recruiting. 5 stars are where the difference makers typically dwell. A 3 star having the light come on and ball out is great and all ... but hardly the norm. Even the best classes have 3 stars, so being able to figure out which ones slipped through the cracks (like you said the school, coaching, etc come into play) really gives you a leg up ... especially if the player happens to be a QB. That **** changes everything. The Mark Ingrams of the world are a nice boost as well.

Good game FSU.....your D is legit...wow!!!...Sorry about Francois,tuff kid.
We lost two starting LB's for the year....
Thank God we got a few practice games to get our pass protections fiqured out.

Agreed that your odds are obviously higher bringing in the top rated kids but Alabama is not Alabama primarily because of 5 star ratings. Alabama has one of the greatest coaches in college football history. The point was that there are a lot of kids that are 3 stars that get overlooked and wind up being legitimate NFL talent. This star rating system is not flawless much like the NFL draft process.

Agreed that your odds are obviously higher bringing in the top rated kids but Alabama is not Alabama primarily because of 5 star ratings. Alabama has one of the greatest coaches in college football history. The point was that there are a lot of kids that are 3 stars that get overlooked and wind up being legitimate NFL talent. This star rating system is not flawless much like the NFL draft process.

No doubt. Even the best coaches need QBs though. These Alabama teams over the last decade simply outmatch their opponents. Saban is great, but he wouldn't look so indestructible without those 5 stars littering the defense.

I was just highlighting the fact that FSU is not in a great QB scenario with my original post. I'd rather lean on a guy who's a little more seasoned and used to the offense than a freshman 3 star ... but I honestly don't know if it's because they like him so much or the guys recruited ahead of him haven't progressed to their liking. I do know a little something about a team being totally unable to develop QBs ...

Reactions: MD
Back
Top Bottom