Fomer GM Wolf likes Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fomer GM Wolf likes Feeley

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
DAVIE -- Count former Packers General Manager Ron Wolf, a noted quarterback guru, among those who support Miami's acquisition of A.J. Feeley.

Wolf said Monday he has extensively evaluated tapes of Feeley.

"I would personally take him over (Kurt) Warner and (Jeff) Garcia," Wolf said from his Maryland home.

Wolf likes Feeley

Nice...

I still wish he would've agreed to sign on as a consultant.

Damn...I love hearing that. Good NEWS and we still have not put pads on.

I hope Feeley pans out as good as the other QB's he was involved with. That would be just wounderful.:cool2:

Feeley will be better than many think, I beleive anyway. From all the reports that I have seen, he is getting better along the way now, and still is not 100 % comfortable with the offense yet.By the time preseason rolls around and he gets into it a couple games, I think he is gonna be just fine. Just my opinion though.

I'm sure I heard of Wolf's approval being one of the motivators for Spielman to look at Feeley in the first place. But that was some time ago...still it's nice to have it clarified again. :D

KB mentioned this a LOOOONG time ago. Wolf drafted a lot of QBs that are NFL starters right now, he seems to be one of a few people that can actually spot QB talent and potential.

He had a great eye for talent in GB...makes me wonder exactly how Spielman & co ended up choosing Feeley, and whether Wolf had anything to do with the implementation of that system.

It was reported days after we traded for Feeley, that Wolf really like dhim and he told the browns about him. There is still no guarentees with him, but it brings hope when someone like Wolf says good things about him. For what it is worth, Fassel said pretty much the same thing about AJ. Another qb guru. The best part of wolfs comments were to me, when he said he would have taken AJ over Garcia and Warner and there must have been something with Collins for him to be released twice after long playoff runs. This may not change doubters minds, but it should make them sit back and wait til AJ actually fails before they say told ya so. How can any one actually think they know qbs better than Wolf? Now I am nbot trying to start a fight, cause the questions are valid, just that they ask only one sided questions, not asking how good he may be, but only how bad he may be. Hopefully reading in print from a noted guru that specifically addresses the issue of qb by fans should alleviate some of teh questions.

You think maybe the whole PB article with Wolf was teh result of someone reading this site?

I wonder if Ron Wolf's approval was the reason RS even started to look at him in the first place!? Remember, he was consulting for a little bit. He just wanted more power than our lovely owner was willing to give him.

:D :D :D A.J. Feeley has shown improvement through the team's first four minicamps. Coach Dave Wannstedt said he looked "like a completely different guy compared to a month ago" after practice on June 3.

Oboy said:
I wonder if Ron Wolf's approval was the reason RS even started to look at him in the first place!? Remember, he was consulting for a little bit. He just wanted more power than our lovely owner was willing to give him.

That's the genral conception I get when talking to folks in the "real world". ;)

Back
Top Bottom