Fomer GM Wolf likes Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fomer GM Wolf likes Feeley

I think Spielman said he had been looking at Feeley seriously before Wolf consulted.

The thing is, after watching the Philly game tapes myself, as soon as Spielman watched those tapes, he must have liked AJ Feeley. It is really, really, really hard not to...even knowing he was facing some very bad defenses.

He was in some pressure situations and he performed. The whole thing was a pressure situation, Philly was down when McNabb went down and Koy had to come in, and then they thought all was lost when Koy went down too...I mean, to that point, AJ Feeley had already been cut before the 2002 season began, and then he was brought up, and he had trouble beating Tim Hasselbeck for a roster spot.

But sometimes you just never know, until the guy gets on the field and acts as field general. Some people point to lack of total games (only 8 in college, 5 in pros) and say thats a bad thing. I say, that only increases the odds that the NFL has inefficiently priced AJ Feeley as a starting QB. Lots of investment managers make their way exploiting market inefficiency by investing in under-researched, low-coverage companies that are somewhat "off the radar screen" If you can manage to do research that the rest of the market isn't seeing or doing, you end up getting a potential star for a bargain price...depending on how reliable you think your research is. I would say Spielman has faith in his own findings...and Wolf came up with the same conclusion, sat on it, the Browns paid lots of dough to get his opinion, they got his recommendation, and they squandered it.

BTW Kerry Collins is a very talented quarterback who has proven he's capable of winning big in this league. He has imperfections but they all do, and its up to the coach to mold the talent we have to cover those imperfections. The only weakness of grabbing Feeley, IMO, is the fact we didn't know Kerry would be available...but I also believe we really couldn't have counted on him being available.

Well said CK. The only thing is that Rick may have like AJ beter than Collins anyway considering teh youth factor. I may be speculating on that but I remember Rick saying youth was a consideration in all his moves.

Dont get me wrong, I would have been happy with Collins as well, and I do agree that we did not know Collins would be free even if they went to qb in the draft.

There have been NO published reports that Wolf had any input as to Feeley when he was interviewing with the Phins.

There has been a lot of speculation that he may have provided the name on this board and others, but the only ones who would know what Wolf had to say would be Wayne, Eddie Jones and whoever else happened to overhear any comment concerning Feeley that Wolf may or may not have made. There has been nothing published which cites a source representing that Wolf even mentioned the name to anyone with the Phins.

Just wanted to clear that up as this has already grown into an urban legend.

Agua said:
There have been NO published reports that Wolf had any input as to Feeley when he was interviewing with the Phins.

There has been a lot of speculation that he may have provided the name on this board and others, but the only ones who would know what Wolf had to say would be Wayne, Eddie Jones and whoever else happened to overhear any comment concerning Feeley that Wolf may or may not have made. There has been nothing published which cites a source representing that Wolf even mentioned the name to anyone with the Phins.

Just wanted to clear that up as this has already grown into an urban legend.

That is correct. But it sure is nice to see confirmation of the rumors that Wolf did indeed like Feeley. As far as I know, up until now Wolf had never said anything on the record regardgin Feeley, correct?

Now if Wolf had only commented on the amount of compensation given to the Eagles to obtain AJ. ;)

The thing I liked about the article was this:

Wolf, 65, had turned down an earlier offer to join the Dolphins' organization, but says he still maintains a relationship with General Manager Rick Spielman.

This refutes the claim by the doomsday club, that Wolf ran screaming from a totally dysfunctional franchise. It also validates the selection of Spielman as GM.

The sky is NOT falling.

OH we all know that Wolf doesn't know **** and its Buffalo fans we should be listening to on this matter :rolleyes:.

Ron Wolf is the guy you want endorsing your quarterback pick over almost anyone. This is a good endorsement.

If Feeley becomes an above average Qb and produces extremely well on a consistant basis, theres no telling what this team can do, but truth be told the offensive line is whats gonna improve our Qb situation the most.

F150&Dolfan said:
OH we all know that Wolf doesn't know **** and its Buffalo fans we should be listening to on this matter :rolleyes:.

Now that was funny :roflmao:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The thing I liked about the article was this:

This refutes the claim by the doomsday club, that Wolf ran screaming from a totally dysfunctional franchise. It also validates the selection of Spielman as GM.

The sky is NOT falling.
:clap: Very good point. I look forward to seeing many more of those claims refuted as the season grows.

But especially, this one......"I see 9-7 and no playoffs."

It's going to be sweet when that one falls!

PhinPhreak said:
DAVIE -- Count former Packers General Manager Ron Wolf, a noted quarterback guru, among those who support Miami's acquisition of A.J. Feeley.

Wolf said Monday he has extensively evaluated tapes of Feeley.

"I would personally take him over (Kurt) Warner and (Jeff) Garcia," Wolf said from his Maryland home.

Wolf likes Feeley
Thank you for the link. It amazes me that some people act as if Rick just sat down at a table with a list of QBs in front of him, and he just closed his eyes and randomly selected a QB. Whoever he brings in, there's a reason for it.

calmlikeabomb said:
That is correct. But it sure is nice to see confirmation of the rumors that Wolf did indeed like Feeley. As far as I know, up until now Wolf had never said anything on the record regardgin Feeley, correct?

Now if Wolf had only commented on the amount of compensation given to the Eagles to obtain AJ. ;)

Calmlikeabomb what up dude? This is phinfan3454 from espn boards.

rickeyrunsover said:
Calmlikeabomb what up dude? This is phinfan3454 from espn boards.

Cool man. Just trying to read about and talk some football without wading through all the crap on ESPN. :shakeno:

calmlikeabomb said:
Cool man. Just trying to read about and talk some football without wading through all the crap on ESPN. :shakeno:

I hear ya. That is why I am here almost exclusively now. I used to split my time, but ESPN just a bunch of trolls. :fire: THis site is cool cause it is actually football fans talkin ball, whethere we agree or disagree. :D

Back
Top Bottom