Fomer GM Wolf likes Feeley | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fomer GM Wolf likes Feeley

I was watching the abc sun night sports show with mandich and cefalo and mad dog said that Rick asked Ron Wolf in his interview with him about the QB position, and that Wolf mentioned Feeley. Cefalo said that is a quite a recommendation and then mentioned all the QB's Wolf has discovered. I dont know where they got this info. I am sure that some of you wont believe me but I am just telling you what I saw.

I believe you. That Wolf liked Feeley, or that Wolf did not tip the Phins was NEVER my point. My point was that there had never been any legitimate source stating Wolf tipped the Phins and people were throwing it around like it was an accomplished fact.

I got to tell you this is a ridiculous argument over semantics. The bigger issue to me is all teh fans saying we should have taken Garcia or Warner or Collins instead of AJ and having a person of Wolf's Stature saying AJ was the better choice. Yes he says he likes Collins, but said there must be something with him. That is and to me should be the focus. Whether he tipped Rick or not is irrelevant to the issue of what he feels. That now cannot be disputed.

To me Wolf clearly implied that he would take Collins over Feeley. His comment about "something to" Collins and his being released twice, is insubstantial at best and probably insignificant. To me, it seemed he was merely qualifying that no candidate out there is perfect...but it definitely seemed like Wolf was saying that barring further research into Collins' situation that connects the dots as far as why Collins was released by the Panthers after a long playoff run, and why Collins was released by the Giants after years of playoff runs...he would probably take Collins over Feeley.

What I'm saying, is thats fine...cuz ya know what I probably would too, however there was literally, no way in heck Spielman could have known and counted on Kerry Collins to be available. You can't go into the month of JUNE not having done anything about the quarterback situation and saying "oh well, someone will be released...definitely someone, oh and when he does boy lemme tell you, he's going to pick us over all the other teams...yup, definitely he'll pick us...whoever he is..."

ckparrothead said:
To me Wolf clearly implied that he would take Collins over Feeley. His comment about "something to" Collins and his being released twice, is insubstantial at best and probably insignificant. To me, it seemed he was merely qualifying that no candidate out there is perfect...but it definitely seemed like Wolf was saying that barring further research into Collins' situation that connects the dots as far as why Collins was released by the Panthers after a long playoff run, and why Collins was released by the Giants after years of playoff runs...he would probably take Collins over Feeley.

What I'm saying, is thats fine...cuz ya know what I probably would too, however there was literally, no way in heck Spielman could have known and counted on Kerry Collins to be available. You can't go into the month of JUNE not having done anything about the quarterback situation and saying "oh well, someone will be released...definitely someone, oh and when he does boy lemme tell you, he's going to pick us over all the other teams...yup, definitely he'll pick us...whoever he is..."

Precisely CK, that's why it's so hard to sit and read all these posts about we couldn't had this person or that person. The only person I thought might be free in June was Warner when we did this deal in Feb. There's no way I knew Garcia and Collins would be free, and I suspect no one else on this board either. The only other choice we had in Feb was my man from the Jaguar,,bronell and we know how much the skins loved me..no way we pay that much. We even tried to get a deal with the skins for Ramsey..So the team didn't sit back and not try to do anything..but after their first 2 choices, they went with their 3rd. Feeley. Now in hindsight, which anyone can do after all is said and done. People make the statement we could have gotten this guy or that. And if the dolphins had waited and no one was available and feeley had signed with someone else, then eveyone would have complain that we could have gotten Feeley. Man the FO gets it from fans if they don't, and if they do. They got it from me last year for not picking up OL men. Now they get it from fans for picking up a QB and OL and WR's. If nothing else, I can say that they were trying to upgrade this year, from OG to OT and stop bidding at a reasonable price and lost them. I don't blame them for that, those prices were ridiculous. Brunnell's Price was ridiculous and the fact that the skins wouldn't trade Ramsey made it impossible to get upgrades before mini camps. Nothing Cleveland is still sitting on the Couch deal, so he wouldn't have learn our O. Collins was a complete surprise to everyone..I'm still tripping off the fact the Giants released him.

I just hope he tears the Bills a new A-hole, they talk so much crap about him over at their boards. They feel they don't have to worry about the fins because, in their words, "we have no QB". Go Feeley, take us to the big one!!!

Back
Top Bottom