For Everyone Wanting To Blow For Barkley... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Everyone Wanting To Blow For Barkley...

KTOWNFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
There is really no need, he BLOWS enough for everybody.

Most overhyped, overrated QB in college football. I've said it many times and tonight he proved it with no doubts, is a NOT a NFL quality QB. I wouldn't waste a 5th round pick on this bum.

Barkley has absolutely NO pocket presence. He has more weapons than anyone in college football and has players open all over the field, but when things start to go bad he folds up like a tent. He doesn't even worry about his presnap reads and has no idea how long he should have in the pocket. He has VERY average to below average arm strength and is horrible at reading defenses. Stanford's defense is not world beaters and they were overmatched all over the field on defense, but they completely shut USC down. Barkley is a product of that system and is a weaker willed Matt Moore. For those who think we should take Barkley if RT has a bad season doesn't understand football.

Obviously he didn't have a good game and his accuracy was not good with pressure. Not the best game to evaluate him as a pro prospect. USC offensive line looked like there were 5 Colombo's playing. Often didn't even lay a hand on the Stanford defenders on the way to Barkley. Kind of reminded me of the Giants against Brady in SB 42.

I am wondering what happened to Woods this year. Thought he was much better than he has played this year. May have gone from a top 10 pick to a low 1st rounder at this point.

His offensive line was just brutal today.

That center should not be in D1...He was awful.

He just can't beat Stanford, its similar to Peyton Manning who couldn't beat Florida, wouldn't say he is a crappy QB.

Dude had no armstrength tonite, not even in luck's class, that freshmen from a&m was impressive!

Sanchez is one of the worst NFL QBs in the NFL and Barkley's ceiling is no where near where Sanchez is now.

Barkley just sucks vs Stanford. Against Oregon last season he had great awareness with timely releases. Barkley still going in the 1st rd though, but his stock took a hit.

OP is talking crazy again.

USC's offensive line was dog ****. Stanford's front seven looked like the best in the nation even though we know they're not. Kiffin running the football with under 2:00 to play and down by a touchdown. What are you doing?

Barkley has absolutely NO pocket presence. He has more weapons than anyone in college football and has players open all over the field, but when things start to go bad he folds up like a tent. He doesn't even worry about his presnap reads and has no idea how long he should have in the pocket. He has VERY average to below average arm strength and is horrible at reading defenses. Stanford's defense is not world beaters and they were overmatched all over the field on defense, but they completely shut USC down. Barkley is a product of that system and is a weaker willed Matt Moore. For those who think we should take Barkley if RT has a bad season doesn't understand football.

^^ I approve this message.

There is really no need, he BLOWS enough for everybody.

Most overhyped, overrated QB in college football. I've said it many times and tonight he proved it with no doubts, is a NOT a NFL quality QB. I wouldn't waste a 5th round pick on this bum.

His pass protection was abysmal tonight. He won't last to the fifth overall pick let alone the fifth round.

Barkley just sucks vs Stanford. Against Oregon last season he had great awareness with timely releases. Barkley still going in the 1st rd though, but his stock took a hit.

No Barkley sucks vs everyone, Stanford is one of only a few teams that force him to play QB. If he played a SEC team it would be a lot worse. And you are right, he will be a first round pick, just like Ted Ginn. I just hope and pray this time it isn't the dolphins who are the ones stupid enough to over draft him.

Back
Top Bottom