For the Ireland Supporters | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Ireland Supporters

Doesn matter who the qb is, you dont put that below average group of receivers out there. hell if that was the plan then he should have been fired.

i disagree lockz these young receivers were SUPPOSED to have promise meaning Marlon Moore, and Roberto Wallace, they had to be given the chance to prove themselves or we were going to lose potentially great receivers, they were bums, we move on.....

thats NO different than what we are doing to Lamar Miller this year, we give him a year to prove himself, if he is a bum guess what we are doing EARLY in next years draft?

i disagree lockz these young receivers were SUPPOSED to have promise meaning Marlon Moore, and Roberto Wallace, they had to be given the chance to prove themselves or we were going to lose potentially great receivers, they were bums, we move on.....

thats NO different than what we are doing to Lamar Miller this year, we give him a year to prove himself, if he is a bum guess what we are doing EARLY in next years draft?

If they thought Marlon Moore and Roberto Wallace were starting material or even close then they were stupid. Every scrub doesnt deserve a chance to play on sunday . Neither player has proved enough to be more than a last roster guy. That rationale makes no sense. so do we need to see Carrol and another cb scrub play this year before we address that area( I know we dont need to)

But if Ireland really thought these receivers would be 1 and/or 2 level talent, then why was he recorded on Hard Knocks as saying (I paraphrase) that the entire set of receivers were 4s or worse? Ireland knew what he had before the season started. He simply refused to attempt to fix a problem of his own making.

If they thought Marlon Moore and Roberto Wallace were starting material or even close then they were stupid. Every scrub doesnt deserve a chance to play on sunday . Neither player has proved enough to be more than a last roster guy. That rationale makes no sense. so do we need to see Carrol and another cb scrub play this year before we address that area( I know we dont need to)

huge difference between Carrol(who was on the roster) and Wallace(who was on the last year of practice squad)

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

But if Ireland really thought these receivers would be 1 and/or 2 level talent, then why was he recorded on Hard Knocks as saying (I paraphrase) that the entire set of receivers were 4s or worse? Ireland knew what he had before the season started. He simply refused to attempt to fix a problem of his own making.

correction he didnt KNOW his statement was that we have 3s and 4s and he hopped they could be one and two.....

im not going to be backed into a corner where im labeled an Ireland supporter, i can care less if he is here or not, but his moves were deliberate

huge difference between Carrol(who was on the roster) and Wallace(who was on the last year of practice squad)

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

correction he didnt KNOW his statement was that we have 3s and 4s and he hopped they could be one and two.....

im not going to be backed into a corner where im labeled an Ireland supporter, i can care less if he is here or not, but his moves were deliberate

He did not do a good job of dealing with the wr or cb situation last year whether you are a supporter of Ireland or not i think we can all agree there.

He did not do a good job of dealing with the wr or cb situation last year whether you are a supporter of Ireland or not i think we can all agree there.

whether or not you agree or disagree, it can be seen that the last season was a throw away,

whether or not you agree or disagree, it can be seen that the last season was a throw away,

well they forgot to tell the hardworking fans that actually buy tickets. No excuse for any team treating a season like that

well they forgot to tell the hardworking fans that actually buy tickets. No excuse for any team treating a season like that

You expect them to actually call a press conference to announce their specific/detailed plans to the fans? Do you think the other 31 NFL teams won't listen into that PC?

This is where you constantly lose me. It's statement like these that scares me with you. I just don't know how else to explain it to you, other than to come out and just type it. That's not a reality based POV to hold IMO. Of course they didn't tell the fans or anyone else for that matter what their plans were. It would be moronic, and grounds for immediate firing.

There's no doubt, the Marshall situation threw them for a loop. Even though they knew how irrational he can be, it had to be a bit of a shock to 1st see him embarrass his QB Moore after the Pro-Bowl to then have him act up again months later. I hold Ireland responsible for his backup plan not working, but not for not having a plan-b.

You expect them to actually call a press conference to announce their specific/detailed plans to the fans? Do you think the other 31 NFL teams won't listen into that PC?

This is where you constantly lose me. It's statement like these that scares me with you. I just don't know how else to explain it to you, other than to come out and just type it. That's not a reality based POV to hold IMO. Of course they didn't tell the fans or anyone else for that matter what their plans were. It would be moronic, and grounds for immediate firing.

There's no doubt, the Marshall situation threw them for a loop. Even though they knew how irrational he can be, it had to be a bit of a shock to 1st see him embarrass his QB Moore after the Pro-Bowl to then have him act up again months later. I hold Ireland responsible for his backup plan not working, but not for not having a plan-b.

You miss my point I was just saying that there is no excuse for having a so called throw away nfl season. if u have good young prospects like Tannehill play them but as to Moore andWallace were never anything other than barely NFL bodies and never will be. I dont expect a team to do anything but blow smoke up butss of fans . They created a hole at receiver and had all off season to fix that hole through draft and free agency. They drafted 4th te's and 3rd runningbacks as well as deep depth lbs before they even addressed receiver, then tried to play low budget with the likes of Chad johnson and nannee. He had a bad plan regardless.

Ross makes clear he does not expect a take-your-lumps rebuilding season, even though many of the team’s moves suggest otherwise and even though many observers expect lots of losses.

“At this point, I’m optimistic that we will be competitive and make the playoffs,” Ross told us in the past few days.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...marlins-news.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

You miss my point I was just saying that there is no excuse for having a so called throw away nfl season. if u have good young prospects like Tannehill play them but as to Moore andWallace were never anything other than barely NFL bodies and never will be. I dont expect a team to do anything but blow smoke up butss of fans . They created a hole at receiver and had all off season to fix that hole through draft and free agency. They drafted 4th te's and 3rd runningbacks as well as deep depth lbs before they even addressed receiver, then tried to play low budget with the likes of Chad johnson and nannee. He had a bad plan regardless.

A good point, and agreed.

I dont adhere to 1st round qb rule although u have to address the most important position over what we were addressing. We just didnt prioritize qb, Im not sure our attitude has changed I just think Sherman thought alot of Tannehill and made Ireland and Philben believers. I think we wanted to draft qb the previous year just our guys were gone. I dont see our drafts being so different last year. Yes we drafted a Qb high but outside of that the draft stategy to me seemed no different. We did draft qb's under PArcells/ Ireland just not right ones. Not drafting a key need such a wr until late in draft was pretty much vintage Ireland. Too busy trying to be the smartest guy in the room in his mind

In terms of the draft I was not basing my comment at all on Ryan Tannehill, it was the rest of the draft in terms of the size and measurables that Ireland previously picked. RT Martin was not a road grader tackle that Tony would have wanted, Vernon and Miller were 2 other players with little experience but lots of potential plus both had been nicked up in their short college career, Mathews, Kadu and Randell were classic Ireland late round picks wher he has excelled in the past. Many of his late round picks are guys flying under the radar type picks. Now in the post draft interview there were 2 players I did not mention that we drafted Egnew in the 3rd round and I believe Cunningham in the 6th. One of more noted draft niks on this site noted that Ireland was higher on Mathews over Cunningham indicating that might have been a pick influenced by Phibin and that person also noted that Ireland traded down in the 3rd round prior to using out 2nd 3rd round pick last year indicating that Ireland was not as high on Egnew as most of the other picks.

Well lets hope that they have worked out those kinks and get better at free agency this year.

It depends on how we perform overall. If the team plays well and the offense & defense is solid then I would be able to tolerate 7-9. 6-10 is most likely my tipping point. Honestly if we play well a Tannehill continues to develop we should get a wildcard spot. Ireland has to get this year right not only for his job but for the future of this organization. Tannehill is the key, he plays well we win.

The bottom line if Ireland fails, the organization fails and takes a step back. As I have stated I am not the biggest fan of his however I am pulling for him and the organization to hit in free agency with some team players and also the draft. I don't know about everyone else but I am tired of us finishing less than or right around the 500 mark. When need something to hi five each other about. I am really pulling for him with the help of Coach Philbin to get the necessary play makers in here so we can get back to prideful Miami Dolphin football.:hi5:

Last edited by a moderator:
the amount of pages of comments on this in 1 day is hilarious

Back
Top Bottom