For the Ireland Supporters | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Ireland Supporters

"We were playoff contenders, if only...."

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/92...FBB4F780774E5B98CC80FC0D29F8BD603737D618EA007

"We were playoff contenders, if only...."

[video=youtube;cRInQyUV16k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRInQyUV16k[/video]

"We were playoff contenders, if only Carpenter hadnt missed his kicks!"

Same song, different year. Good teams are able to succeed even if their kickers screw the pooch a few times. For us it sinks our season.

And had Carpenter really screwed us that badly, our general manager probably should have replaced him. Heck, Carpenter has been missing kicks for years, why were we put in this position in the first place?

Meh no kicker makes every kick, Carp is fine Dolphins fans just hold grudges. If you want a perfect kicker that will never miss in clutch situations dont even bother looking no such thing exists

Okay, i come off as arrogant. Duly noted. If my posts disturb you that much there are options, including adding me to ignore. Even if you could read my posts after that, you wouldnt see me object.

And actually, fans do have an impact our the franchise. We dont have to attend games and we dont have to publically support the franchise. The owners arent stupid, they understand when something isnt acceptable. They dont like seeing an empty stadium. If their product isnt as popular as their competitors, some take it personally. I like Ross because he does seem to care. For most franchise losing brings about changes. For ours that doesnt seem to be the case, but Ross does seem to comprehend fan outrage.

No where im my post did i suggest that people having a positive outlook never use logic or have facts on their side. I stated that for a specific type of behavior, though even then those individuals often have facts on their side...or at least occasionally. In the case of Ireland and the Dolphins, the facts are overwhelmingly against those individuals. Yet, there are still some on here who believe Ireland has done nothing wrong ever in his life. Even when presented with facts their opinion wont budge(and they often get angry and vengeful), thus crossing the line from "positive outlook" to "denying reality".

OK dude I tried. Peace.

Omar actually said on wqam this season Irelands contract ran through 2015 (maybe 2016, don't remember exactly), he said it all nonchalantly and I remember the host freaking out, the conversation went something like this:

Host: Well we'll see what happens when Ireland's contract is up after next season..
Omar: His contract isn't up until 2015
Host: WHAT!?! BACK UP, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!
Omar: Huh, you didn't know that, I thought it was common knowledge. Oh yeah, he's under contract through 2015.

Take that for what its worth, it was a strange conversation and I have no links but Omar seemed to think Ireland would be under contract for at least 2 more seasons.
Omar seems to be alone in this thought (no surprise). I have read several articles and all indicate his contract expires at the end of this season. He was given a 2 year extension at the same time Sparano was in 2011.

You lose all credibility with what you stated above. This team didn't stink. They were purged of all bad influence, yes a lot of that bad influence happen to be good talent, but in the interests of putting together a possible dynasty this front office decided to do it right. In the meanwhile the players gave a admirable effort. Even though some were ill-equipped to play schemes. Because of last year's sacrifices, this team is in an enviable position in both free agency and the draft. Still, Rome was not built in one season. The pushback comes from your playoff ultimatum. I can think of 100 reasons why we don't make the playoffs that don't include poor decisions from the GM. People like you take hindsight and act like It is divine knowledge.

In how many seasons was Rome built? Because 7-9 Stinks as a record and I didn't see many pro bowlers on this team. We were not good by any definition of the word last season. There is some cause for possible hope now that we have a new qb but the jury is still out on Tanny but I cannot think of too many positons on this team where i say we are set there. Therefore in my view this team is NOT crafted to make the playoffs as PRESENTLY constituted and that STINKS. I agree that it was good to purge the players that were a bad influence, it needed to be done but in the tradition of this board I am left wondering if that was Philbins decision not Irelands.Either war the talent on the team needs to be greatly improved, hopefully this offseason with all the tools he has to work with in terms of cap space and draft picks we will see that influx of needed talent.

Most others(for example: Mike Berardino, Armando Salguero, Ben Volin) have said Ireland's contract expires after this season. If I am looking for breaking news or real inside information Omar Kelly is one of the LAST ones I would listen to or trust. If everyone else says one thing and he says another, I am going with the majority, especially when we are talking about Omar. He hardly ever breaks stories or hits on his reports. The guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

I would love to hear this audio Omar had, if it even exists.

This is Irelands 3rd year running the show on his own, he's set himself up nicely with the cap and picks. Considering we are 3 Dan Carpenter missed field goals away from a 9-7 season, I expect this team to go at least 9-7 to 10-6 this year. Playoffs or at least the same record as a playoff team but booted out due to tie breaker is the bare minimum to save his job.

We were 2 missed FGs away from being 9-7, in which case we STILL would not have made the playoffs, we still got beat by every good team we faced, and we got killed by the Pats, Texans and Titans. In other words, had this team made the playoffs last year it would have been a repeat of 2008. As constituted, this team is not good enough to compete consistently with the big boys in the NFL, it's not good enough to win playoff games, and that SHOULD NOT be acceptable. Through the team's play next year, I need Ireland to prove to me that he picked a great quarterback and that he built a team that is at least good enough to have a shot at winning playoff games by competing consistently and beating good teams.
I'm tired of losing in embarrassing fashion, I want a playoff berth and AT LEAST a very competitive playoff performance or I want Ireland gone. There are no more excuses, Ireland simply has not been good enough.

Why would I make something like that up? I don't think it makes a difference if he's under contract for 1 year or 50, he'll be fired if he does a bad job anyway and its just Ross' pocket book that takes the hit, so I don't really care that much.

It definitely happened because I can still hear the host flipping out about it, it was probably around mid Nov- mid Dec if you want to try to dig it up. Don't remember who the host was either. Personally I think Omar might have just messed up on his dates, it wasn't like he was breaking news it just came out in conversation.

We better hope and pray that Ireland doesn't screw this free agency period and draft up because it will set us back a long way if he does.

Why would I make something like that up? I don't think it makes a difference if he's under contract for 1 year or 50, he'll be fired if he does a bad job anyway and its just Ross' pocket book that takes the hit, so I don't really care that much.

It definitely happened because I can still hear the host flipping out about it, it was probably around mid Nov- mid Dec if you want to try to dig it up. Don't remember who the host was either. Personally I think Omar might have just messed up on his dates, it wasn't like he was breaking news it just came out in conversation.

I heard it too. Not saying what he said is true, I do recall the interview. The interviewer almost lost his lunch when Omar said that, he also didn't believe Omar. That was very very clear lol.

I didn't mean to imply you made it up, since you can't remember exactly when it happened perhaps you were mistaken. Though I don't doubt that Omar would say something like that, I do doubt the level of truth to it.

Most others(for example: Mike Berardino, Armando Salguero, Ben Volin) have said Ireland's contract expires after this season. If I am looking for breaking news or real inside information Omar Kelly is one of the LAST ones I would listen to or trust. If everyone else says one thing and he says another, I am going with the majority, especially when we are talking about Omar. He hardly ever breaks stories or hits on his reports. The guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

The Dolphins announced Saturday morning that Ireland had signed a “multiyear extension” on a contract that had been set to expire after the 2011 season. It’s possible Ireland’s contract now runs beyond 2013 as why else would the team not be specific in this case as they were with Sparano’s new deal?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...olphins-extend-gm-jeff-irelands-contract.html

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has awarded general manager Jeff Ireland a multi-year contract extension, keeping Ireland and head coach Tony Sparano under contract through at least the 2013 season.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...eff-ireland-to-multi-year-contract-extension/

Theres Berardino and Violin.

Ive actually been looking for a definitive answer to Ireland's contract, could you please post where you got the information?

Omar seems to be alone in this thought (no surprise). I have read several articles and all indicate his contract expires at the end of this season. He was given a 2 year extension at the same time Sparano was in 2011.

Save for bleacher reporter, ive only read it was an "multi-year" extension. Not one had an exact date. I've been looking for the info, could you please link the article(s) youve read?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...olphins-extend-gm-jeff-irelands-contract.html

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...eff-ireland-to-multi-year-contract-extension/

Theres Berardino and Violin.

Ive actually been looking for a definitive answer to Ireland's contract, could you please post where you got the information?
You just linked two articles from the day the contract was extended, when details are always few and still not completely known. I am talking about much more recent articles by these writers, not the minutes afterward.

You just linked two articles from the day the contract was extended, when details are always few and still not completely known. I am talking about much more recent articles by these writers, not the minutes afterward.

Ive searched for them and been unable to find them, its something ive looked up at various times. Could you please link the articles?

Ive searched for them and been unable to find them, its something ive looked up at various times. Could you please link the articles?
Was one of the first few results that came up on Google for me:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ort-pressure-is-on-jeff-ireland-to-avo/nWX4M/

How important is this offseason for GM Jeff Ireland, whose contract expires after the 2013 season? He emptied out the Dolphins’ training facility last week, inviting every coach, scout and front office executive – pretty much everyone but the secretaries and night watchmen – to Indianapolis to help scout draft prospects.

That was just from 4 days ago, which is much more recent and relevant than the that three year old article.

Back
Top Bottom