Forbes declares ND football a big winner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forbes declares ND football a big winner

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
Notre Dame is home to the most valuable college football franchise in the country, and also the most philanthropic, providing support to University academics that is unparalleled in higher education and one of largest influxes of money to its host community.
The conclusions are reported in a study conducted by columnists at Forbes magazine and released in late December as bowl season began.

Forbes columnists Jack Gage and Peter J. Schwartz valued the Fighting Irish program at $97 million. They set the value of the Texas Longhorns in second place at $88 million, followed by Georgia $84 million, Michigan at $81 million and Florida at $76 million. The University of Southern California did not earn a spot in the survey, which evaluated the top 15 most valuable programs

According to the survey, Notre Dame returns $23.2 million to support the University’s academic programs – more than four times that of LSU, which was second in this category at $5.1 million, and more than the combined contributions of the next 11 universities. Notre Dame athletic department support to the academy includes scholarships to both student-athletes and non-athletes, the latter of whom have received tens of millions of dollars in financial aid that has come from the University’s television contract with NBC. The University Libraries and Jordan Hall of Science are examples of recent academic program beneficiaries of athletic department funds.

With an economic impact of $57 million on the local community, Notre Dame was second only to the Universities of Texas and Alabama, both at $59 million.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20160

According to the survey, Notre Dame returns $23.2 million to support the University’s academic programs – more than four times that of LSU, which was second in this category at $5.1 million

Hey, at least we are 2nd.

I keep trying to tell people that LSU has become a very, very good academic school.

Our mass communications program is second to NONE in the south.

No surprise there, who else can have a mediocre (at best) football team and still make a BCS game?

Please, USF would give a hand to see the day when they could win 10 games and be considered an average at best team.

Please, USF would give a hand to see the day when they could win 10 games and be considered an average at best team.
No doubt about that, it's hard to get respect for such a young program. Mark my words: They will be ranked higher than Notre Dame at the end of next year.

Good for ND. Every year they get top notch players. I would expect them to be great next season. Hopefully a better Defense.

I am alittle shocked to see GA. ahead of Florida, But than again I am not. I bet Florida's price is going up tho. Couple of schools I expected to see and I did not.

I keep trying to tell people that LSU has become a very, very good academic school.

The are going up, But still have a ways to go to catch some other schools in the SEC. The SEC has some very good academic schools. More than people realize because all they think about is football

Would other programs be more valuable if they got an exclusive deal with a national television station?

You think it's better than Miami's? Yeah right....

LSU is still a 3rd tier school to US News.

Would other programs be more valuable if they got an exclusive deal with a national television station?

And they don't have to share ANY of their BCS money (it's a wonder that they've been getting into the BCS lately too, but that's for another topic).

Winning 10 games and still being considered average? Oh, you're talking about Notre Dame...got ya.

Winning 10 games and still being considered average? Oh, you're talking about Notre Dame...got ya.

Glad you're caught up. 10 win ND team is average what's that make Miami? How those new rules against no guns working out?

Back
Top Bottom