Forbes declares ND football a big winner | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forbes declares ND football a big winner

I don't know why you other guys think teams get more hyped up to play Notre Dame. Yeah Notre Dame has the history, but Miami has the national championships - and to be the champs, you don't have to beat the team that was the champs back in the day, you have to beat the best team over the past 20 years. Notre Dame's been a much easier draw over the past 20 years than Miami.

Notre Dame gets more public attention than any other team, whether it's deserved or not is a different issue, but it's hard to argue against that. Wanting to beat the team that gets the most attention seems normal to me. I'm tired of hearing about the Patriots all the time, I'd want to beat to them. You have more championships over the last 20 years, but you arent talked about more, or on TV more, or a bigger part of the public conscious about college football. Movies are made about ND football, they are just a bigger part of the culture than any other college sports team.

Don - before you say that everyone's thinking about Notre Dame, just remember who started this thread. All I was saying is why Notre Dame has a lot of money...they have an easy schedule which translates into BCS money. It's kinda pointless to argue any further, because we both think each other's schedule is garbage.

Well I dont really think your schedule is garbage, I just dont see it as that much better than NDs. And if what you say is true, ND has a lot of money because their easy schedule gives them BCS money that would mean that the years before Weis showed up and they werent going to the BCS that they werent making the most money. I doubt that's true. I think in any given year this would be true, including the Davie years when ND sucked. Besides, if Miami gets to the BCS they make more money than ND.

Well I dont really think your schedule is garbage, I just dont see it as that much better than NDs. And if what you say is true, ND has a lot of money because their easy schedule gives them BCS money that would mean that the years before Weis showed up and they werent going to the BCS that they werent making the most money. I doubt that's true. I think in any given year this would be true, including the Davie years when ND sucked. Besides, if Miami gets to the BCS they make more money than ND.

If I'm not mistaken they made the BCS with Willingham. But they also make a ton of money off the TV deal.

Your last sentence is ridiculous. Even if that's the case for next year, it has never been the case since the inception of the BCS, so you're little 'oh by the way' type deal isn't working to those who actually know how the money's been dispersed for the past 10 years or so.

Notre Dame gets more public attention than any other team, whether it's deserved or not is a different issue, but it's hard to argue against that. Wanting to beat the team that gets the most attention seems normal to me. I'm tired of hearing about the Patriots all the time, I'd want to beat to them. You have more championships over the last 20 years, but you arent talked about more, or on TV more, or a bigger part of the public conscious about college football. Movies are made about ND football, they are just a bigger part of the culture than any other college sports team.

I don't think ND gets more attention than Miami. Maybe on NBC they do, but not ESPN and the talking heads.

What other movie besides Rudy is there? I agree that Notre Dame's history is richer than Miami's, but as far as modern day attention....no way.

I don't think ND gets more attention than Miami. Maybe on NBC they do, but not ESPN and the talking heads.

What other movie besides Rudy is there? I agree that Notre Dame's history is richer than Miami's, but as far as modern day attention....no way.

We're just going to have to disagree about this. When was the last time the coach of Miami was interviewed on 60 minutes? Overall media attention, networks, print media etc I'd be shocked if ND wasnt by far the most talked about. If not, I doubt strongly they are passed by Miami.

We're just going to have to disagree about this. When was the last time the coach of Miami was interviewed on 60 minutes? Overall media attention, networks, print media etc I'd be shocked if ND wasnt by far the most talked about. If not, I doubt strongly they are passed by Miami.

It's Miami - we don't hire coaches that are coming off gastric bypass and still 500 pounds overweight.
I'm sure ND gets more attention on the food network too.

on average during the last twenty five years, Miami plays for the National Championship < every three years... we have 5 victories, five losses.

It's Miami - we don't hire coaches that are coming off gastric bypass and still 500 pounds overweight.
I'm sure ND gets more attention on the food network too.

Great way to prove a point :rolleyes2 I assume that means you know you're wrong. But I'd rather get attention on the food network than Court TV. I think this thread is done. We are arguing about weight now? Good sign it's hit rock bottom.

Back
Top Bottom