Forbes declares ND football a big winner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forbes declares ND football a big winner

Glad you're caught up. 10 win ND team is average what's that make Miami? How those new rules against no guns working out?

Well if we had ND's schedule, I'm sure we'd have 10 wins too. Just be sure to get it all out now. 5 national championships in the past 23 years....remember that. Also remember the last time ND won a bowl game was when I was in 4th grade, and I'm 23 now.

Well if we had ND's schedule, I'm sure we'd have 10 wins too. Just be sure to get it all out now. 5 national championships in the past 23 years....remember that. Also remember the last time ND won a bowl game was when I was in 4th grade, and I'm 23 now.

Must be hard playing Houston, Duke, North Carolina, FIU, Florida A&M...

Notre Dame will now receive an automatic BCS bid if they place in the top 8 in the BCS poll. The Irish will be considered for a bid if they finish in the top 12. Notre Dame will also now received $4.5 million for playing in a BCS game and $1 million when they don't. This is a change from the previous arrangement in which the Irish received $14 million for a BCS appearance and no cash otherwise.

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/005159.php

Just sitting back and whatching all the action between these two. Notre Dame's TV deal and money when they get to a bowl is why they have the most money. I think it would be better for college football for them to join a conference, But when they get all that money you know why they don't.

You can't possibly be knocking ND schedule. Take a GOOD hard look at some of the other big name schools schedule. Then you will get a good :lol: !

Must be hard playing Houston, Duke, North Carolina, FIU, Florida A&M...

The fact that you need to start talking about UM's schedule says it all. The only teams you guys beat were GA Tech and PSU, which were both early in the season. You guys were very, very fortunate to beat MSU and UCLA - neither of which is good.

You can't possibly be knocking ND schedule. Take a GOOD hard look at some of the other big name schools schedule. Then you will get a good :lol: !

I know that some other team's schedules are jokes as well (like) Ohio State...but that sorta thing is cyclical...some years they'll have a harder schedule and sometimes it won't be so hard. I know they rarely schedule tough out of conference opponents, but it's their right to do that - they are in a major conference. Teams like Louisville get my support...no matter what, they always want to play a big name school, and it paid off for them this year. ND chooses each opponent on their schedule (i.e. keep losing to BC and they get replaced by UNC - that is, until Butch Davis has them winning).

I know that some other team's schedules are jokes as well (like) Ohio State...but that sorta thing is cyclical...some years they'll have a harder schedule and sometimes it won't be so hard. I know they rarely schedule tough out of conference opponents, but it's their right to do that - they are in a major conference. Teams like Louisville get my support...no matter what, they always want to play a big name school, and it paid off for them this year. ND chooses each opponent on their schedule (i.e. keep losing to BC and they get replaced by UNC - that is, until Butch Davis has them winning).

We play BC this year...

The fact that you need to start talking about UM's schedule says it all. The only teams you guys beat were GA Tech and PSU, which were both early in the season. You guys were very, very fortunate to beat MSU and UCLA - neither of which is good.

You brought up schedules, you expect me not to respond?

ND SoS = 39th
UM SoS = 63rd

worry about your own team playing scrubs.

http://www.warrennolan.com/football/2006/sos

We play BC this year...

On November 2, 2005, Notre Dame announced that because it had agreed to a request from the Big East to play teams from that conference each season, it would suspend the Boston College series following the 2010 season. Big East Commissioner Mike Tranghese said the conference made the request after Boston College, Miami, and Virginia Tech withdrew from the Big East to join the Atlantic Coast Conference. However, on Feb 6th 2007, BC Director of Athletics Gene DeFilippo stated “The Notre Dame contract calls for two games in South Bend, in 2007 and 2009, and two games in Boston, in 2008 and 2010. We have been in discussions with Notre Dame concerning additional games, and I am very hopeful that we will be able to announce something in the near future.â€Â
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_War_(Boston_College_vs._Notre_Dame)#Future_meetings_in_question

So sorry...BC was dropped for Rutgers. Too bad Rutgers may actually present a challenge by 2011.

You brought up schedules, you expect me not to respond?

ND SoS = 39th
UM SoS = 63rd

worry about your own team playing scrubs.

http://www.warrennolan.com/football/2006/sos

It's so funny whenever I talk to ND fans, they always bring up strength of schedule...to which I respond, who in the hell did you guys beat this past year (this applies for every year). And they can never give me a good answer, and will just continue to rail on UM's schedule. I have no room to talk this year because we didn't beat anybody, but most of the time we beat a team like Va Tech, or Florida State, or some other top tier team. So go ahead and say we play 4 terrible teams per year (ahem army, navy, air force, purdue, stanford, michigan state), but we always play a tough ACC schedule, and we always schedule a tough out of conference opponent every year.

Back
Top Bottom