Fox ranks Miami worst drafting team of the past 5 years | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox ranks Miami worst drafting team of the past 5 years

didn't you guys draft a kicker with your 1st a couple of years a go? I guess we should follow your blue print based on all of the success your having these days. :rolleyes:

The guy you quoted is a dolphin fan, I think you were trying to talk to me? The K we took was in the 2nd rd and while we don't have any Championships we do have a div title and 3 playoff appearances in the last 6 years which is 1 more div title than you guys have in that span and 3 more playoff appearances.

The guy you quoted is a dolphin fan, I think you were trying to talk to me? The K we took was in the 2nd rd and while we don't have any Championships we do have a div title and 3 playoff appearances in the last 6 years which is 1 more div title than you guys have in that span and 3 more playoff appearances.

Citing Bluefins stat database:

THE NEW YORK JETS:
330-406-8
(76 GAMES UNDER .500)

THE ONLY TEAM* IN THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE, THAT HASN'T REACHED A SUPERBOWL SINCE THE 1970 AFL/NFL MERGER
(* OF TEAMS THAT WEREN'T EXPANSION TEAMS BETWEEN 1995-2007)

Lets not get testy here junc.

I'd say neither franchise has much to hang their hat on here in recent history.

remember these days?

Rickthrowingmoney-1.jpg

Yes we do !! What crying shame. Funny that he now is doing the exact same thing up in Minnesota and they are praising him for it. Just wait a couple years when they realize they still don't have a decent QB, holes in the secondary, only half a LB corps, and half an OL.

As far as our past drafts . . . . we have to admit, we've done horrible! Jury is still out on our last 2, but before that we either gave away top picks for hopeful saviors or we drafted what we thought was the sexy pick, not the smart pick. We got what we deserved. Now BP and company have to come in and clean things up and (with a few exceptions) start from scratch. It will take a couple years of smart picks, but we will be once again an elite and competitive franchise in the playoffs.
:hi5:

oops. I did quote the wrong person. I can't disagree with you on the fact that your team has been better than ours for a little while now. By all means..... not like a landslide or anything..... but slightly better.

Citing Bluefins stat database:

THE NEW YORK JETS:
330-406-8
(76 GAMES UNDER .500)

THE ONLY TEAM* IN THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE, THAT HASN'T REACHED A SUPERBOWL SINCE THE 1970 AFL/NFL MERGER
(* OF TEAMS THAT WEREN'T EXPANSION TEAMS BETWEEN 1995-2007)

Lets not get testy here junc.

I'd say neither franchise has much to hang their hat on here in recent history.

Those stats are meaningless, we've been alot better this decade. You guys have stunk. Overall you guys have the better history but the dyas when you guys were consistently better are long gone and alot of people on here act like you guys are the NY Yankees of the NFL which isn't the case.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I agree our drafts have been awful for the last 9 years. In fact, they were so bad under Wannstink and later Wannstink & Speildork you can honestly the last 5 years were better by far than the previous 4. If we had even marginal inteligence in our drafts this decade we wouldn't be sitting on a fat 1-15 record. And despite what is typically reality, I truly believe that 70% of the people who post here could have run a far better draft from 2001-2005 and thats sad.

The up note is the class from last year has some potential. The new regime has people who actually know more than the rest of us armchair GM's and won't treat draft picks like duplicate baseball cards you don't want.:up:

Those stats are meaningless, we've been alot better this decade. You guys have stunk. Overall you guys have the better history but the dyas when you guys were consistently better are long gone and alot of people on here act like you guys are the NY Yankees of the NFL which isn't the case.

Those stats are far from meaningless.

In fact they point to a long standing tradition of accomplishing nothing as a franchise.

Yes we've been MUCH worse lately but if you're going to come on here and attempt to prop the Jets up as top franchise all I can do is laugh.

If you asked anyone outside of NY to list the most successful franchises over the past 10 years, no one is going to list the Jets.

:shakeno:The Wanny and Saban years

But yeah last year they did much better, Mueller and Cam deserve credit for that.

The real shame is the Wanny and Jimmy years. Jason Taylor is the last player Jimmy drafted that is on the team. Bell and Carey may be the only two Wanny drafted. Sad and pathetic are two descriptions that fit well.

Lee2000

The real shame is the Wanny and Jimmy years. Jason Taylor is the last player Jimmy drafted that is on the team. Bell and Carey may be the only two Wanny drafted. Sad and pathetic are two descriptions that fit well.

Lee2000

Don't give Wanny credit for Carey.

That was Spielman's one and only draft.
That's why we actually acquired a starter out of it.

Wanny deserves credit for NADA!

Yes, Brown played against the Jets teice in '06. He against the Jets twice in '05, twice in '06 and once last year.

That is one instance, maybe Ginn was having a good game? I don't know the specifics but 22 yards per return is not good.

22 yards a KR, 9 yards a PR are NOT elite #s. Please stop, it doesn't mean he won't become elite but he wasn't as a rookie.

I do agree our STs are better(we'll see this year w/ Westhoff gone) BUT 22 yards is 22 yards. We can agree NE has had excellent STs as well and Welker went from averaging 9.2 per PR to 10. A jump but down from the 10.6 that Kevin faulk averaged for the Pats in '06 so Ginn's #s would have been higher on a better STs unit but that's not the lone reason he put up average return #s.

I didnt say it was the lone reason but it is definately a variable

Not surprised at all... JJ had the last good all around draft... however I will agree with some of y'all and give Cam and Mueller their dues, they did good on their one and only draft.

Oh well that time is over with, now that we have Ireland and Big Tuna we will be stocking the shelves with talent for years to come... :woot:

Those stats are far from meaningless.

In fact they point to a long standing tradition of accomplishing nothing as a franchise.

Yes we've been MUCH worse lately but if you're going to come on here and attempt to prop the Jets up as top franchise all I can do is laugh.

If you asked anyone outside of NY to list the most successful franchises over the past 10 years, no one is going to list the Jets.

Who is sayign the Jets are a top franchise? It's as laughable as saying the dolphins are an elite franchise.

Who cares if no one lists the Jets? The facts are we have been one of the better AFC teams over the past decade. I don't care about perceptions.

The jets are bad garbage and always have been,we own you guys in everything.
:lol:

Who is sayign the Jets are a top franchise? It's as laughable as saying the dolphins are an elite franchise.

Who cares if no one lists the Jets? The facts are we have been one of the better AFC teams over the past decade. I don't care about perceptions.

Actually, in comaprison over the past decade (since 2000) the Jets have a record of 62-66 and Miami has a record of 61-67, so actually, you have not been one of the better teams over the past decade as Miami and NY are practically identical over since 2000

Back
Top Bottom