Foxsports Reports..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foxsports Reports.....

TPD1479 said:
Foxsports online reports the raiders "have" offered miami a first round pick for ricky's rights. If this is true I would take it in a heart beat and use both our number 1's for a RB and a QB next year. Any thoughts? any more news if this report is true/false?
Definately!! But.....they gotta throw in more than just a 1st round pick...They gotta either give up 2 1st rounders or a 1st and a good player (one of their running backs or linemen)...Ricky for Gallery? I wish! I'd do it right now and even send them a bouquet of flowers with a thank you card.:D

From the FoxSports.com article:
Williams reportedly said California would be the only place that would accept him because there are "crazy fans who expect a weirdo."

ROFLMAO. I think that is almost verbatim what he said when he came to Florida only he said something about the fitting in on South Beach weird types. The guy also thought New Orleans was a wild town. What he doesn't get is, if a team (and a state in New Orlean's case) is paying a player umptillion dollars to PLAY A SPORT six months a year, then those fans expect a player to give their all for sixty minutes a game, to now whine about everything (he did in New Orleans) and to not put marijuana or any other such drug into their bodies. I'd trade him in a heartbeat too but I'd get two number ones two years running. It's got to hurt the team he's going to for more than one year!

I'd take the 1st rounder in a heartbeat. The Raiders are going nowhere this year and the pick will most likely be a top 10.
Also, Ricky will never play for the Fins again. We got one great season and one good season out of him. That was worth losing one of the 1st rounders we gave up.
The guys a nutjob. Why not take the pick and let him be someone else's problem?

I thought there was a "no tampering" clause being that he was under contract...? or am I just misled..?

It's not tampering if they're offering the team a trade. It would be tampering if Al Davis called up Williams and said, "hey, retire from Miami and force a trade to us."

Tough call here. On the one hand, I'm all about salvaging what we can from this fiasco, so a first round pick for this pot-addled scumbag is a nice way out. On the other, it doesn't exactly send the best message.

Hell yeah take it. He ain't coming back to Miami anyway. A Raider #1 is going to be a top ten pick at least.

i would let him go , if he wants to play for the raiders.. get a first rounder and a player or someone they drafted this year , that we need bad!!!! hint, hint, hint!!

Man I would do that without even thinking twice. Then next year I would even contemplate trading one of the 1st's away to get a later first and second to really build on the OL. Hopefully Feeley does well and we can sign a solid free agent RB next year (Alexander would be perfect). Trade Madison (sadly) and build the LB core back up...

Those of you wanting more than a 1st remember hes facing being suspended for all of 2004, your lucky if someone wants to give you that, there are no other bidders as he said its teh only place he'll play.................

I dont see the raiders doing this right away. they will just wait. they want to see how bad they are going to be first. or maybe al davis is going to do a job on Tagliabue and see if he can play come game 5. :roflmao: but if the raiders suck this year and i could see that potentially, then they will not give up a top five pick for a guy who has troubles. no way, they cant be that stupid. they will check all there cards first before dealing.

I wonder if we trade his rights to the Raiders, and then he unretires, would he still have to serve the 4 game suspension next year?

If he unretires this year, it's like a 4th positive test and the penalty would be an indefinate suspension(read: One year). If he is active but suspended for the whole season, would this penalty run concurrent with the 4 game suspension that he already has? Could he unretire, sit out the season and then start with a fresh slate or would he have to serve the 4 games when he is eligible to play again?

Back
Top Bottom