Foxsports Reports..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foxsports Reports.....

phunwin said:
No, he CAN unretire now, but that unretirement constitutes a fourth positive test. That's why he'd miss a whole year. A player can retire and unretire at will, but guys in the substance abuse program (like S*itbrick #34) have special rules. The ESPN article link above spells that out.

Ahhhh... that's right. I got confused. Thanks phunwin.

inFINSible said:
Umm, yeah...what phunwin said....:lol:

I still think we'd be smart to take that first rounder right now and never look back. Taking into account Ricky's attitude as the "go to guy" for the first two years here and then suddenly he thrusts a dagger into our backs you would have to wonder how long it would take for him to sour on Oakland and do something to completely screw up their team. Good riddance and thanks for the first rounder. Cha-CHING!

I agree....the more I think about it and the more I hear from you guys on here, the better it sounds to just take that first rounder as fast as we can. Loophole or not, let the Raiders have him, get that pick and get the he// out of dodge.....before he changes his story again.

A first (or conditional pick) and Stuart Schweigert is what I would want. Well, ok . . . what I would want would be a first and Phillip Buchanon . . . but as that is not going to happen, I think that would be the next best deal. Fargas would not be bad as well, but I am more and more convinced that Edge is Miami's future RB.

take it, he's obviously not coming back to miami (and even if he wanted to, miami shouldn't take him back). this just proves that he quit on the team and it had nothing to do with him having no interest in playing football

I'd say two #1s or #1 and a good player. Other than that, I would rather make Ricky rot. He's under contract, if Oakland wants his rights, they better pay big, just like we did when we got him from New Orleans.

I'm all for making Ricky suffer for walking out on us like he did. But if the offer is too sweet, I'm down for it.

Take the 1st rounder and run. They should try to get more but a 1st is still awesome and it's not like were getting anything now.

On the unretirement thing, I read that if he were to unretire him not having played this season would serve as the suspension and fine. He would still be tested 10 times a month and his 3 strikes on the substance abuse program would not magically disappear. Basically, they get a talented pot smoking running back who is one bong hit from being suspended for one year and we have people who wouldn't take a 1st rounder for him.:roflmao:

Dolphinizzle said:
I'd say two #1s or #1 and a good player. Other than that, I would rather make Ricky rot. He's under contract, if Oakland wants his rights, they better pay big, just like we did when we got him from New Orleans.

I'm all for making Ricky suffer for walking out on us like he did. But if the offer is too sweet, I'm down for it.
Yeah, I would love to have him rot his career away but you can't hold a personal grudge against him if we have a good opportunity to improve our team.

TPD1479 said:
Foxsports online reports the raiders "have" offered miami a first round pick for ricky's rights. If this is true I would take it in a heart beat and use both our number 1's for a RB and a QB next year. Any thoughts? any more news if this report is true/false?

I'll take it, because even though the Raiders have loaded themselves with talent this offseason on defense, and have gotten pineapple face to be their head coach, they are still very old, and the chemistry is not there, they will self distruct even with Ricky, and we will end up with a very high #1 draft pick. So please Raiders, make our day.

man i say take what we can get as soon as we can get it, get him the hell out of here....

Back
Top Bottom