Franchise Landry is the right move. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise Landry is the right move.

If this team can replace Jarvis will someone like James Washington to man the slot, then by about week 8 you’re going to forget who Jarvis Landry is.
Now Washington would be an absolutely perfect slot for us. He is going to tear it up in the NFL if he gets slot gig with a good QB. Too bad we aren't in the position to make such luxurious picks. Or wait....well, maybe after a trade down we catch him sliding.

I guess I don't get why so many fans are against using the Franchise Tag? Players hate it because it is team friendly in many aspects besides a high dollar for 1 year. I feel like we could have used it a couple times to just buy time and see how the roster plays out after a season. I also don't see Jarvis walking away from 14 million if we hold firm on a holdout due to the large increase on his current pay. Its obvious the split between the fans on the issue that either way it goes not everyone will be happy but I will take another year to negotiate using it as a tool to bargain and develop the roster further for his potential loss. We need to get better and most agree its not about overpaying in FA so why not give the guy a year get, attempt to get better in the draft and make the decision next year based on a clearer picture.

I dont think we have EVER "Franchised" a player, why start now? (I could be wrong)

Landry is a baby beast on the field but he can be replaced, 15-16 mil a year of pocket money and a slot receiver don't go together. there is no trade value for a "slot" receiver for that type of loot, if he wants 11-13 million then do it, but remember you have stills that is going to want to be paid and he catches touchdowns.

it's not okay to overpay Landry, he is just a piece, his success depends on how much the QB throws to him, catches passes but they're short range, Jarvis' value is his tenacity and grit, but i believe caroo have the same thing too, a player can't be a bust if he's not used(caroo), maybe it's time to step away from landry, I mean look what the dolphins done with him, eventually he will cause them a game or to with all of that nonsense or passion.

Back
Top Bottom