Franchise Tag Landry | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise Tag Landry

Sign and trade. They do it all the time in baseball/basketball. Sign and trade to Baltimore for their 2nd rounder. Something for him, other wise a missed play by the front office (badly)!

Not sure when they ever do this in baseball but...it's been beaten to death here, but the sign and trade does not work often with the franchise tag in the NFL. He has to sign his tender for them to be able to trade him. He won't do that unless it's to a team he likes. Further, no team is taking him for a second rounder when they're going to have to pay him all that dough he wants. He's not that good. He's not a starting QB or that kind of impact player.

They are going to let him get overpaid by a bad team because no smart, good team would ever pay him top receiver money.

I could see them letting Landry walk and drafting Calvin Ridley at 11. Especially with the injuries and lack of production from Parker. He could also be a free agent after this year if they do not exercise the 5th year.

Let Landry go and build through the draft??? I don't get that logic. We drafted Landry, groomed the guy in our system...

This is the problem. The system under both Philbin and Gase was to throw short passes, mostly to Landry. Running the offense through Landry has not been very successful in the win column, just in Landry's stat numbers. The system stinks. They made the playoffs when Tannehill went deep more often than usual and this helped open up the running game for Ajayi. This is the system that they should be using: fix the o-line, run the ball, and throw the ball beyond Landry's short routes. When defenses have to account for (and defend) both the run and the deep ball, the middle stuff underneath will be easier to complete. Any half-decent slot receiver or TE will be able to make plays, so there's no reason to overpay or even keep Landry.

gofins, you are correct about the type of offense we should be running. I hope to see it with RT back under center. I'll never know what the Dolphin's fan base did to deserve Cutler and the rest of the agony from last season.

Signing Cutler cost us Landry, Cutler is like the gift that keeps on giving.

Let Landry go and build through the draft??? I don't get that logic. We drafted Landry, groomed the guy in our system, he has OUTPLAYED HIS CONTRACT for a few years now and when he wants a long term deal we're ready to say good bye to our only Pro Bowl quality offensive player. Why draft players, see them excel and then say we don't want to pay this guy. I realize his demands are very high but that's his agent negotiating. I hope we are able to bridge this gap and make a deal both sides can go forward with. This team was garbage on offense last season with our star slot receiver so picture how much Landry will be missed. Go watch games from last season, then watch some tape of Tannehill hitting Landry with great passes, then decide if we should bring back RT's favorite weapon.

Because to keep him in Miami the Dolphins will have to offer somewhere north of 13, 000,000 for a slot receiver...I let him take his little first down pointing BS somewhere else for 13 million...

Woah, didn’t expect that. Must be sour on dvp

The only downside to this is if he signs the tender. We can rescind it anytime we want right?

Back
Top Bottom