Free Agent QB's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent QB's

Unfortunately I don't see him being available for that role, If i was foles, I would want to be a starter somewhere.
Yeah 300 plus yards and 3 touchdowns in the nfc championship will get you a starting gig in lots of places. Barfalo, the jests, browns, etc.

How much do you think one of these QB needy teams would give up for Foles?

I think teams like Clev, Jets, AZ, Buff and Denver, who could take a rookie qb in rd 1 would also take a veteran for a one year deal. I am not sure if the market for Foles of Keenum would be multi-year

this is the question, who do I want or who do I think we are going to get....

who do I want to be our QB2 behind tannehill out of all the free agents. You'd have to be nuts to NOT want drew brees as our back up QB. or maybe Jimmy G. Thatd be awesome either of those at 3 million a year since we are asking who we'd want.

If we are not going to draft a QB again this year, I just say we roll with what we have and bring Matt Moore back again. At least we know what to expect. a quality reliever when called into action late but you sure as heck don't want him to be your starting picture.

but what we are probably going to do with Gase........
QB..Tannehill
QB2...Osweiller (he should be cheap by now)
QB3...Fales will battle Doughtry and an undrafted rookie QB.

Another scenario I could see us going into the preseason is...If the market is super cold on Osweiller to the point no one wants him, then us going into preseason with fales number 2 :-( doughtery and undrafted battling for #3 and then if there is an injury us over paying osweiller to come on to the team.

I like gase im just over skeptical about him liking too many coaches/players hes familiar with. I always said on the TE page that once Zach miller is up and moving around again watch for Gase to give him a call.

How much do you think one of these QB needy teams would give up for Foles?

Whatever coach hitches his wagon to Nick Foles will be looking for a new job in 2 years.

Eagles and Patriots have the two best OL's in the NFL so if you want to take something away from this weekend, there you go.

For the sake of absolute transparency, I like to call myself out when I am wrong about something. In the preseason I took exception with the fact that PFF ranked the Eagles OL no.1 in the NFL. I didn't agree with that, I was wrong.

I don’t thnk bridgewater is a freeagent.

He most certainly is.

Teddy will likely get a chance to start somewhere. I could see any QB needy team like the Jets or Broncos making a push to sign him, though with the severity of that knee injury, you don't know if you're getting anywhere close to the same player. Not that he was ever a great QB, but he was decent enough to start.

Whatever coach hitches his wagon to Nick Foles will be looking for a new job in 2 years.

Eagles and Patriots have the two best OL's in the NFL so if you want to take something away from this weekend, there you go.

For the sake of absolute transparency, I like to call myself out when I am wrong about something. In the preseason I took exception with the fact that PFF ranked the Eagles OL no.1 in the NFL. I didn't agree with that, I was wrong.
Pats are playing with 3rd stringers. They have the best qb, who doesn't need much of a line

nope. just great qb's. they lost their LT

the truth hurts, I know
I seriously think you had to look up the word "truth" to spell it and use it correctly in a sentence. Delusional out of the box thinking does not mean truth Dirty...in anyone's world

Eagles have a great OL...the Pats did a great job scouting interior OL to take in the draft, especially later rounds...so they could avoid spending a ton of money there and investing high draft picks there.

I think teams like Clev, Jets, AZ, Buff and Denver, who could take a rookie qb in rd 1 would also take a veteran for a one year deal. I am not sure if the market for Foles of Keenum would be multi-year
.....at least not yet, there's no doubt that Foles was rusty when he came back in as a starter, but if he wins the SB, you better believe there are teams out there that will be more than willing to give him a multi year deal a starting gig to go along with that.

Minnesota has a tough decision to make on their QB. Do they give Keenum a long term deal based on 14.5 games out of 6 seasons? Or take a chance with injury riddled players like Bradford or Bridgewater? Go a different direction with a FA or draft?

Many of these FA's will get a chance to start somewhere this year but I think only a couple will get big, long term deals. Some will get lesser deals as teams draft rookies in the first round. The top 3 that will be signed are...

Drew Brees (stays in NOLA)
Kirk Cousins (Highest bidder. No way Washington pays him $34M, IMO but they have done some strange things)
Jimmy Garoppolo (highest bidder unless he is franchised by SF....very likely as they will not let him leave)

These guys should get a shorter term shot but probably as place holders for new draftees. Teddy may get a prove it deal that has an out option.

Case Keenum
Teddy Bridgewater

The rest will be signed as backups. Fitzpatrick, Anderson, McCown. Not exactly a lot to choose from....

Just my take...

I have no idea what the market will be for Nick Foles. I think teams will be leery of committing to a long term starter money deal with him, based on the fact that he has crashed and burned pretty hard after a hot streak in the past. If he does get a starting offer, I think it will be as a bridge player from one of the teams that's going to be drafting a quarterback in April.

Teams that I think will be most interested in Foles in that role: Jacksonville, Cleveland and Arizona. Although I do expect all of those teams to be much more interested in Alex Smith, especially JAX and CLE.

Back
Top Bottom