Free Agent QB's | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent QB's

Minnesota has a tough decision to make on their QB. Do they give Keenum a long term deal based on 14.5 games out of 6 seasons? Or take a chance with injury riddled players like Bradford or Bridgewater? Go a different direction with a FA or draft?

Keenum is the third best quarterback on that roster.

I actually think Sam Bradford is pretty solid, but he is one of those guys who genuinely can't stay healthy. Teddy is young, has upside, throws a beautiful football, and showed tremendous growth as a young pro. I think you gamble on him being fully recovered from that horrific freak knee injury and don't think twice about it.

Foles is gonna be in high demand if he can post a 100+ rating against the Pats like he's been doing. he is very much a system QB though

Absolutely. Not a lot a guy could do coming in with 1:42 left in the 4th.

Strock could have lit it up. You could feel the boost the O got when he came in.
Yeah we really just needed one more score when up 17-10 in the 2nd half. I think we get at least 1 TD w Strock in there. It was almost a curse that we got the KO return TD before the half.

Keenum is the third best quarterback on that roster.

I actually think Sam Bradford is pretty solid, but he is one of those guys who genuinely can't stay healthy. Teddy is young, has upside, throws a beautiful football, and showed tremendous growth as a young pro. I think you gamble on him being fully recovered from that horrific freak knee injury and don't think twice about it.
I think Teddy wants to start

Yeah we really just needed one more score when up 17-10 in the 2nd half. I think we get at least 1 TD w Strock in there. It was almost a curse that we got the KO return TD before the half.

Bokamper had that score in his hands and dropped the ball. We go up 24-13 and riggins is out of the game plan and theismann has to throw.

Bokamper had that score in his hands and dropped the ball. We go up 24-13 and riggins is out of the game plan and theismann has to throw.
Yep. And we really played pass D well in the game w 2 picks. I can’t blame Bokamper though - never could. Theismans best play of the game was breaking up his own pass. That truly was the ball game. Shame.

So looking at the comments, it seems as if none of the ones that would be willing to take a backup role would be any good. Guess we gotta draft one then.

I have no idea what the market will be for Nick Foles. I think teams will be leery of committing to a long term starter money deal with him, based on the fact that he has crashed and burned pretty hard after a hot streak in the past. If he does get a starting offer, I think it will be as a bridge player from one of the teams that's going to be drafting a quarterback in April.

Teams that I think will be most interested in Foles in that role: Jacksonville, Cleveland and Arizona. Although I do expect all of those teams to be much more interested in Alex Smith, especially JAX and CLE.

Do not think he will be available anyway.
Wentz may not be ready to start in Sept and I'm thinking they will not rush it
Since he is signed for next year I feel he will remain there the whole season

I don't see Foles getting paid for the simple reason, teams already tried to make him their guy, and it failed. After his 27/2 season, he was a hot name- and didnt pan out.

A great back up though absolutely

Foles will be an Eagle in 2018. Beyond that is anyone's guess. I don't think his stock shot up around the league as it might've with the average fan, ditto for Case Keenum.

Carson Wentz is going to have to change the way he plays QB. You won't have a long career playing like every play is your last.

Unfortunately, I see this playing out like Bushrod last year. Any decent FA QB is going to demand 5 million plus. Just like we tried to upgrade last year at Guard, and couldn't.....we will resign Moore for about $2M a year, just like we had to resign Bushrod last year. Unless we draft a QB in the first 3 rounds, I see this playing out unless we go with Fales. Doughty sucks and is a waste of a spot!

I don't see Foles getting paid for the simple reason, teams already tried to make him their guy, and it failed. After his 27/2 season, he was a hot name- and didnt pan out.

Foles had that great season but the 27/2 stat line was definitely misleading. He had some very fortunate bounces including in his 7 TD 0 INT game that should really be a 6 TD 1 INT game.....still awesome but quite a few of his passes went through DB's hands. You need luck like that to generate a 27/2 stat line and still not be in your teams plans.

Agree, with a couple of qualifications. 1) In the relatively short list of teams DESPERATE for a backup, Foles will be seen as quite good. 2) Of those teams desperate for a starter, Foles is, arguably better than some. The unknown for now is the recovery trajectory of Wentz.

We are looking for a solid backup QB who will perform better than Moore under coach Gases' system. If that QB can develop and eventually end up our main QB, that is a plus.

We may or may not find the QB that the team wants in the 2018 draft. This still leaves Free Agency as an opportunity for us to get a QB whose NFL experience is documented. Their availability as a free agent points to their being at best, a backup QB.

Now the fun begins. Who will be available? There are QB's whose contracts are up. There will be possibly be more QB's available before training camps begin then.

I am curious what will happen with Cleveland with their large number of draft selections and their current QB's DeShone Kaiser, Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan. I would expect one, two or possibly all three of those guys might be available. Of those three, I am most interested in Kevin Hogan. I think he can develop as a backup QB. I have no idea what his ceiling could be. I suspect we could get him for a 3rd level draft pick.

Agree, with a couple of qualifications. 1) In the relatively short list of teams DESPERATE for a backup, Foles will be seen as quite good. 2) Of those teams desperate for a starter, Foles is, arguably better than some. The unknown for now is the recovery trajectory of Wentz.

I'm with ya there. I think he's still under contract with philly anyways isnt he?

Back
Top Bottom