FSU: 2005 ACC Champs!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FSU: 2005 ACC Champs!!

Miami: Best record in the ACC but gets shafted as usual!

Caps said:

How were they shafted? They lost at home to GT!!!!!!!!

Caps said:

...if we don't get it done there is no complaining. No only did we lose at home to a chump team but we also lost to the team who is now champion. Maybe Coker will have our squad ready to play next time instead of letting them daydream about a National Championship they didn't deserve. Personally, we should sit our losin' azzes home and contemplate the proper playing of Hurricane football.... and a coach that will settle for nothing less than a National Championship.

Caps said:

Hey, it's the equivalent of the AFC East (usually). We're in a tough division. FSU is in a weaker division. Somebody had to have VT in their division. Naturally it's ours because of the rivalry. We wanted to play in the ACC, and we got what we wanted.

If Miami had taken care of business against GT, we wouldn't be discussing this. It's nobody's fault but our own. If we want to play for the national championship, we gotta take care of teams like GT. And it's not FSU's fault that they got their **** together and beat the hell out of VT. VT was a heavy favorite in that game.

Does kind of suck that a team with 4 losses will be playing in the second most prestigious bowl of the year (Orange Bowl, Jan. 3). But I love the conference championship game format. And again, we beat GT (or FSU week 1) and it's a moot point.

The system is flawed, thats all I'm saying. It's not like I think we deserve to be national champions, but the fact of the matter is that the two best teams in the ACC didn't play last night.

Caps said:
The system is flawed, thats all I'm saying. It's not like I think we deserve to be national champions, but the fact of the matter is that the two best teams in the ACC didn't play last night.

The only way to fix what happened last night is to get rid of the divisions within the conference. Every conference that plays a championship game does it that way (divisions).

OT: Can anyone tell me why LSU and not Auburn faced UGA in the SEC title game last night?? Auburn was 7-1 in the conference while LSU was 6-2. Was it because LSU had 1 loss overall and Auburn had 2??

EDIT: Nevermind. I was reading the records wrong. They had identical conference records and LSU owned the tiebreaker.

Muck said:
The only way to fix what happened last night is to get rid of the divisions within the conference. Every conference that plays a championship game does it that way (divisions).

That would be fine by me. I'm for an overhaul of the entire system, including conference play.

For those of you Miamians who dont like it, you cant blame FSU. The won the game they needed to win. Is the system flawed? Absolutely. However every team plays under the same flawed system. They might have had an advantage playing in the weaker conference, but that doesnt matter because they beat Tech in the conference championship game. If Miami beat Georgia Tech or FSU the first game of the season, it would be a different story.

Does FSU deserve to be in a BCS game? Absolutely not. They won their way in taking advantage of a flawed system, the same system the entire NCAA plays under. If the "better" teams in the ACC just won the games they needed to win, it would be a different story. However it isnt.

If anything, use this as ammo as to why the BCS contract should NOT be renewed in 2007. The ACC IMO outdid (in a negative way) the Big East this year. :lol: That is a feat in itself.

Caps said:

You have the best record in the ACC? you might wanna check that stat out again.

IM LOVING LIFE RIGHT NOW! I fully expected to get blown out, but our Defense played like we did at the beginning of the year. Damn im so happy.:D

Nappy Roots said:

IM LOVING LIFE RIGHT NOW! I fully expected to get blown out, but our Defense played like we did at the beginning of the year. Damn im so happy.:D

i had no doubt that we would win this game. should have dropped 500 on the game with FSU getting 14.

Caps said:

Enjoying life in the ACC......:rofl3: :rofl3: :lol:

Get used to it!

Nappy Roots said:

Miami and VT both have two losses, but we beat them. FSU has four losses. The Hurricanes have the best record in the ACC.

Back
Top Bottom