FSU: 2005 ACC Champs!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FSU: 2005 ACC Champs!!

SpeedRush99 said:
Interesting
well, i meant i predicted them to get beat by vatech. but don't get me wrong, i wasn't rooting for FSU to win like i root for miami to win. if FSU was raped by vatech, i wouldn't have been upset at all. i'd just rather have a game with bowden/paterno hype than nothing but marcus vick hype

Caps said:
Hey, he's back!

Anyway, tell me with a straight face that the two best ACC teams played in the championship. I'm not bitter, I wanted the Noles to win the game. If anything FSU's BCS bid will open up some eyes about how flawed the college system is. I want the system overhauled, I want the best teams to play each other. And if the Canes aren't one of those two teams in any given year, then you won't hear a peep out of me. Again, I want the best to play, is that so wrong?
um....it's called two divisions in the conference. this happens in every single sport. sometimes a better team will be left out because another team won their division. no, it wasn't the two best teams in the ACC, but it's about who won their divisions, not about the two best teams. FSU won theirs, and miami blew it by losing to gatech

kastofsna120 said:
um....it's called two divisions in the conference. this happens in every single sport. sometimes a better team will be left out because another team won their division. no, it wasn't the two best teams in the ACC, but it's about who won their divisions, not about the two best teams. FSU won theirs, and miami blew it by losing to gatech

I'm not stupid, I know how the ACC is set up and why FSU got into the championship game instead of the Canes. The diference between you and me seems to be that you're happy to just blindly follow the flawed path that the NCAA and the BCS have placed before you, instead of trying to engender change for the better. If I'm wrong, then by all means correct me, but that's what you're making it sound like.

Caps said:
I'm not stupid, I know how the ACC is set up and why FSU got into the championship game instead of the Canes. The diference between you and me seems to be that you're happy to just blindly follow the flawed path that the NCAA and the BCS have placed before you, instead of trying to engender change for the better. If I'm wrong, then by all means correct me, but that's what you're making it sound like.
it's not the way the NCAA is. it's the way EVERY SPORT in this country is setup. winning the division/conference takes precident over anything, and rightfully so. miami should've beat gatech so they wouldn't be on the outside complaining about things

kastofsna120 said:
it's not the way the NCAA is. it's the way EVERY SPORT in this country is setup. winning the division/conference takes precident over anything, and rightfully so. miami should've beat gatech so they wouldn't be on the outside complaining about things

True, but it also works exponentially better in every sport but college football. In the NFL, you play every team in your division twice, and there's a wildcard. In MLB, you play everyone multiple times, including those in your division, and theres a wildcard. In the NBA, you play everyone multiple times, and more than half the league gets into the postseason. In the NCAA, you play 11 games and play everyone once. The top teams in each conference almost never play in the conference championship game, and the top 8 teams almost never play in the BCS bowls. That's not right, and it's something I, and every fair-minded person should want changed.

that's why college football is better than any sport. every single game is EXTREMELY important. i want nothing to do with a playoff

btw, it's gonna be a terrible game. it's amazing how much hype is going into the paterno/bowden thing, when neither has much to do with how the game turns out

kastofsna120 said:
that's why college football is better than any sport. every single game is EXTREMELY important. i want nothing to do with a playoff

Or not, seeing how FSU, a team that wasn't ranked a week ago, is going to a BCS bowl.

Caps said:
Or not, seeing how FSU, a team that wasn't ranked a week ago, is going to a BCS bowl.
they won the games that mattered, as i said, something miami couldn't do

kastofsna120 said:
they won the games that mattered, as i said, something miami couldn't do

Get off the Miami kick. I'm debating the validity of a system that you refuse to admit is flawed, not the sucess/failure of the hurricanes season. FSU didn't deserve to be in the ACC game, and it doesn't deserve to go to a BCS bowl, if it was any other team I would be saying the same exact thing.

Caps said:
Get off the Miami kick. I'm debating the validity of a system that you refuse to admit is flawed, not the sucess/failure of the hurricanes season. FSU didn't deserve to be in the ACC game, and it doesn't deserve to go to a BCS bowl, if it was any other team I would be saying the same exact thing.
wrong

kastofsna120 said:

It's why CFB is a joke, there are only a handful of teams that can win a title in any year and it's almost impossible if you aren't a top 10 team in the preseason polls to climb up even if you are beter than certain teams and each team only plays about 2 maybe 3 tough games while the rest are cupcakes. CFB would be great if they determined a true Champion w/ a playoff system.

Back
Top Bottom