Funny stuff (unless you're a Jet) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny stuff (unless you're a Jet)

:sidelol:
The jets knew something about marino, apparently they know alot about the draft just nothing about talent or scouting or even football.

This is a very funny video, although you could do a similar one on us over the last couple of years. Clearly they cut out some of there decent picks but the point is well recieved

Yup, some of our draft picks have been pretty damn bad.

Of course, the Dolphins seem to make their mistakes in the offseason free agency. :)

BZ

The Dolphins have done so well in the draft in the last decade, especially in the first round ...

2005 - Ronnie Brown RB
2004 - Vernon Carey G
2003 - #1 pick to NO for Ricky
2002 - #1 pick to NO for Ricky
2001 - Jamar Fletcher DB
2000 - #1 to Carolina in '98 trade up
1999 - #1 to SF, then to Detroit in trade down
1998 - John Avery RB
1997 - Yatil Green WR
1996 - Darryl Gardener DT

Not too many future Hall of Famers on this list!

Kinzua said:
The Dolphins have done so well in the draft in the last decade, especially in the first round ...

2005 - Ronnie Brown RB
2004 - Vernon Carey G
2001 - Jamar Fletcher DB
1998 - John Avery RB
1997 - Yatil Green WR

I agree, the thing is you could really make a video like that for practically any team. I have yet to find a team that drafts HOF's each year. The thing the video points out is that the jets fans are at the draft and screaming, so its more prevelant then me sitting in my living room saying "JAMAR F'N FLETCHER.. OH COME ON"

BwanaZulia said:
Yup, some of our draft picks have been pretty damn bad.

Of course, the Dolphins seem to make their mistakes in the offseason free agency. :)

BZ

Yeah right getting a pro bowl Qb is a huge mistake:rolleyes:

Kinzua said:

2005 - Ronnie Brown RB
2004 - Vernon Carey G
2001 - Jamar Fletcher DB
1998 - John Avery RB
1997 - Yatil Green WR

Let's review the bills

2004 - Lee Evans
2004 - J.P. Losman
2003 - Willis Mcgahee
2002 - Mike Williams
2001 - Nate Clements
2000 - Erik Flowers
1999 - Antoine Winfield
1997 - Antowain Smith
1996 - Eric Moulds

All of them future Hall of Famers:rolleyes:

A Wing Pilot said:
I agree, the thing is you could really make a video like that for practically any team. I have yet to find a team that drafts HOF's each year. The thing the video points out is that the jets fans are at the draft and screaming, so its more prevelant then me sitting in my living room saying "JAMAR F'N FLETCHER.. OH COME ON"

I think that the draft has become such a media event that its real purpose -- to acquire young players to improve your team -- has been overshadowed by the media feeding frenzy. I'm sure that if the Bills had picked Matt Leinart instead of Donte' Whitner, they'd have been the darlings of the draftniks -- but, unless Whitner is a total bust and Leinart is a future HOFer, over the long haul, they took the better player for their team.

TotoreMexico said:
Yeah right getting a pro bowl Qb is a huge mistake:rolleyes:

I think you should keep your sarcasm in check till you see him actually play a down or two.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
I think you should keep your sarcasm in check till you see him actually play a down or two.

BZ

Yeah you're probably right. I'd much rather go into a season where 3 guys could potentially be my starting QB. Pennington, Ramsey, Clemens. I think the question is who sucks the least? LOL!:lol:

Kinzua said:
I think that the draft has become such a media event that its real purpose -- to acquire young players to improve your team -- has been overshadowed by the media feeding frenzy. I'm sure that if the Bills had picked Matt Leinart instead of Donte' Whitner, they'd have been the darlings of the draftniks -- but, unless Whitner is a total bust and Leinart is a future HOFer, over the long haul, they took the better player for their team.

:lol: If the Bills didn't take Whitner at #8, he would've fallen to the Dolphins at number 16 who may have taken him. That wasn't a mistake at all, I mean you've got J.P Losman, Craig Nall and Kelly Holcomb. Why would you want to add a proven winner to that group? Man I'm glad the people making the decisions for you guys are idiots. Would've hated to see a soon to be great QB end up in Barfalo.

BwanaZulia said:

BZ

I think you should keep quiet until you see him play too:rolleyes:

:tongue: yeah getting that one guy was a real mistake i think his name was daunte culpepper

TotoreMexico said:
Let's review the bills

2004 - Lee Evans
2004 - J.P. Losman
2003 - Willis Mcgahee
2002 - Mike Williams
2001 - Nate Clements
2000 - Erik Flowers
1999 - Antoine Winfield
1997 - Antowain Smith
1996 - Eric Moulds

All of them future Hall of Famers:rolleyes:

Toto,

Not all #1s work out, but Buffalo's had a decent record with theirs over the last 10 years, and has certainly gotten more value from theirs than Miami has over the same period. I think that Buffalo's biggest draft faux pas was probably trading a #1 and #4 for Rob Johnson, especially when Flutie was available for virtually no money, but then Miami traded 2 #1s for Ricky Williams who, at the end of 2006, will have played in just 12 games in the last three seasons, and 44 of the 80 Miami games since he became a Dolphin.

2004 - It's way too early to judge Losman and Evans, and you know it.

2003 - Willis has the potential but only time will tell.
2002 - Big bust!!! Beware of big guys without a work ethic!!! :barf:

2001 - Clements is one of the best CBs in the NFL, and definitely better than any Miami CB!
2000 - Big oooppps! :barf:

1999 - A decent starting CB now on the Vikes, and probably better than any of Miami's current starters.
1998 - #1 used to acquired Rob Johnson :barf:

1997 - Smith put up at least 2 1,000 yards seasons I think and has at least one SB ring -- which he earned as NE's starting RB not bench-warmer.

1996 - Moulds has had a solid career; on a better team, he'd might have numbers that would merit consideration for the HOF.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
:lol: If the Bills didn't take Whitner at #8, he would've fallen to the Dolphins at number 16 who may have taken him. That wasn't a mistake at all, I mean you've got J.P Losman, Craig Nall and Kelly Holcomb. Why would you want to add a proven winner to that group? Man I'm glad the people making the decisions for you guys are idiots. Would've hated to see a soon to be great QB end up in Barfalo.

It's a real pity you're so ignorant. Leinart fell to #10 because of concerns about his arm strength. Even if the Bills had been inclined to draft a QB in the first round, it would not have been Leinart but Cutler. If the Cards didn't take him, he would have fallen much further because Denver wanted Cutler from the get-go. Now maybe Leinart can make up with brains and leadership what he lacks in arm-strength and become a great pro, but the fact is that in cold, windy stadiums like Buffalo and Denver, you need a strong-armed QB.

BTW, I doubt that Whitner would have been around at #16 since several teams were interested in safeties, and there weren't many top prospects available.

Back
Top Bottom