Funny stuff (unless you're a Jet) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny stuff (unless you're a Jet)

Kinzua said:
Toto,

Not all #1s work out, but Buffalo's had a decent record with theirs over the last 10 years, and has certainly gotten more value from theirs than Miami has over the same period. I think that Buffalo's biggest draft faux pas was probably trading a #1 and #4 for Rob Johnson, especially when Flutie was available for virtually no money, but then Miami traded 2 #1s for Ricky Williams who, at the end of 2006, will have played in just 12 games in the last three seasons, and 44 of the 80 Miami games since he became a Dolphin.

2004 - It's way too early to judge Losman and Evans, and you know it.

2003 - Willis has the potential but only time will tell.
2002 - Big bust!!! Beware of big guys without a work ethic!!! :barf:

2001 - Clements is one of the best CBs in the NFL, and definitely better than any Miami CB!
2000 - Big oooppps! :barf:

1999 - A decent starting CB now on the Vikes, and probably better than any of Miami's current starters.
1998 - #1 used to acquired Rob Johnson :barf:

1997 - Smith put up at least 2 1,000 yards seasons I think and has at least one SB ring -- which he earned as NE's starting RB not bench-warmer.

1996 - Moulds has had a solid career; on a better team, he'd might have numbers that would merit consideration for the HOF.
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

nyjunc said:
How many times can you guys bring up this ancient history? this is at least the 4th or 5th time this has been posted. Why don't you guys post your draft blunders over the last 10-12 years or so.

Since they haven't been to the post season in the last 5 years, they have nothing really to talk about. :)

BZ

FinFrenzy said:
There's atleast one pro bowler there...don't forget we also drafted players later that are pro bowlers in those drafts...a few examples...Zach Thomas, Patrick Surtain, Jason Taylor, Chris Chambers, etc. etc.

I think your missing the point just to argue but then again you really don't say anything intelligent anyways....

I'm not the one "missing the point" because this thread started with Fins fans making fun of a Jets' first round selection and went from there. We're discussing first round faux pas not all draft choices. Every team makes them. What you don't like is that it's pretty obvious the Fins have made more than their share in the last ten years.

BwanaZulia said:
Since they haven't been to the post season in the last 5 years, they have nothing really to talk about. :)

BZ

We could talk about last year.....

FinfanInBuffalo said:
We could talk about last year.....

Why, did the Dolphins make the playoffs last year and I missed it?

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Why, did the Dolphins make the playoffs last year and I missed it?

BZ

You didn't hear? They had a "winning season" last year. They treat winning seasons like Super Bowls down there:lol:

nyjunc said:
You didn't hear? They had a "winning season" last year. They treat winning seasons like Super Bowls down there:lol:

Funny quote coming from the fan of a franchise where winning seasons are so rare. 14 winning seasons and 32 non-winning seasons in franchise history is a joke. Unfortunately for Jet's fans, they don't get the joke....

The only thing anyone needs to know about the Jets and the NFL draft is that they are the only team that passed on the greatest QB, RB, and WR of alltime and selected another player at those positions instead.

Blair Thomas instead of Emmitt Smith
Al Toon instead of Jerry Rice

and my favorite:

Ken O'Brien instead of Dan Marino

Too damn funny......

Roll out the excuses Jet's fans......

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Funny quote coming from the fan of a franchise where winning seasons are so rare. 14 winning seasons and 32 non-winning seasons in franchise history is a joke. Unfortunately for Jet's fans, they don't get the joke....

That's all I hear from phin fans, how many winning seasons you have. So what? you haven't won a SB in over 30 years and you have just 1 more than us and the ASBs were w/in 5 years of each other. You guys make a big deal that you had a winning season in '02, '03 and '05 but you haven't made the playoffs since 2001. To me that's bigger than winning seasons.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The only thing anyone needs to know about the Jets and the NFL draft is that they are the only team that passed on the greatest QB, RB, and WR of alltime and selected another player at those positions instead.

Blair Thomas instead of Emmitt Smith
Al Toon instead of Jerry Rice

and my favorite:

Ken O'Brien instead of Dan Marino

Too damn funny......

Roll out the excuses Jet's fans......

Ancient history, I do know we've drafted much better than you guys over the past decade+. Go check your 1st rd picks over the pasr decade and tell me what you find.

nyjunc said:
That's all I hear from phin fans, how many winning seasons you have. So what? you haven't won a SB in over 30 years and you have just 1 more than us and the ASBs were w/in 5 years of each other. You guys make a big deal that you had a winning season in '02, '03 and '05 but you haven't made the playoffs since 2001. To me that's bigger than winning seasons.

YOU BROUGHT UP WINNING SEASONS. ONLY A JET'S FAN WOULD MAKE A CRACK ABOUT HOW ANOTHER TEAM'S FANS TREATS WINNING SEASONS AND THEN COMPLAIN. WTF.

I've got news for you. You franchise has a grand and glorious history of sucking. JUST LIKE LAST SEASON.

nyjunc said:
Ancient history, I do know we've drafted much better than you guys over the past decade+. Go check your 1st rd picks over the pasr decade and tell me what you find.

Ancient history and still F'in Funny. Always will be. Also totally relevant to this thread. Your excellent drafting in the last decade has resulted in two losing seasons out of the last three. Good job.

Kinzua said:
I'm not the one "missing the point" because this thread started with Fins fans making fun of a Jets' first round selection and went from there. We're discussing first round faux pas not all draft choices. Every team makes them. What you don't like is that it's pretty obvious the Fins have made more than their share in the last ten years.

If that's the case then your completly out of your mind.........if you notice in the video that was the NFL draft making fun of the Jets. (Not just the fin fans)

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I've got news for you. You franchise has a grand and glorious history of sucking. JUST LIKE LAST SEASON.

Yep and for all the "greatness" that is the Miami dolphins you have just ONE more Championship than us and it's been over 30 years since that time.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Ancient history and still F'in Funny. Always will be. Also totally relevant to this thread. Your excellent drafting in the last decade has resulted in two losing seasons out of the last three. Good job.

Our excellent drafting has gotten us 2 AFC East Titles and 4 trips to postseason since '98 including an AFC Title game. Your great drafting(Yatil Greemn, JJ Johnson, Jamar Fletcher, john Avery, etc...) has gotten you just 1 AFC east title and you haven't been to the playoffs in 5 years.

nyjunc said:
Our excellent drafting has gotten us 2 AFC East Titles and 4 trips to postseason since '98 including an AFC Title game. Your great drafting(Yatil Greemn, JJ Johnson, Jamar Fletcher, john Avery, etc...) has gotten you just 1 AFC east title and you haven't been to the playoffs in 5 years.

Why is jest fans will only break out certain years and not their franchise history?

Back
Top Bottom