Funny stuff (unless you're a Jet) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny stuff (unless you're a Jet)

nyjunc said:
Do you get medals for having a winning season and missing the playoffs? We did it twice since '97 and it's meaningless. I'd rather have a few lss reg season wins and win more div titles, make an AFC Title game and almost make 2 more than the annual humiliations you guys used to go through when you used to make the playoffs.

I'd rather not have to rely on playing a last place schedule to have a decent season a few times per decade.....

1960s - 3 winning seasons
1970s - ZERO winning seasons
1980s - 5 winning seasons
1990s - 2 winning seasons
2000s - 4 winning seasons

The Jets have only strung together more than two consecutive winning seasons twice in 46 seasons. TWICE! They have NEVER had more than THREE consecutive winning seasons. How does it feel to know that no matter how good this season is going, you will SUCK next season?

So nice to see that some things don't change.

What do you get for almost making a title game? or losing the title game? NOTHING.

nyjunc said:
Not one of those gams was over by halftime unlike a ton of dolphin playoff losses.

The '01 38-24 loss we were down by 7 and Oak had a 3rd and long, if we stopped them we get the ball back w/ time to tie it but Charlie Garner broke a long run and the game ended up 38-24.

The '02 30-10 loss was a 10-10 game in the final minutes of the 3rd qtr until an INT changed momentum.

The 23-10 AFC title Game we were up 10-0 in the 3rd qtr and we were w/in striking distance most of the 4th qtr.

How long did it take for the Jets to stop choking after giving up 23 unanswered points?

nyjunc said:
Nice try though. humiliation is 24-3 in SB VI, 38-16 in SB XIX, 31-14 in the '85 AFC Title game at HOME, 29-10 in the '92 AFC title game at HOME, 38-3 to Den in '98, 62-7 to Jax in '99, 27-0 to Oak in '00.

Ah, the master of rationalization. 30-10 is not a humiliating loss but 29-10 and 31-14 are .....

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'd rather not have to rely on playing a last place schedule to have a decent season a few times per decade.....

The Jets have only strung together more than two consecutive winning seasons twice in 46 seasons. TWICE! They have NEVER had more than THREE consecutive winning seasons. How does it feel to know that no matter how good this season is going, you will SUCK next season?

So nice to see that some things don't change.

What do you get for almost making a title game? or losing the title game? NOTHING.

How long did it take for the Jets to stop choking after giving up 23 unanswered points?

Ah, the master of rationalization. 30-10 is not a humiliating loss but 29-10 and 31-14 are .....

hahahahaha...ownage !

get ON um FFIB !!!

FinfanInBuffalo said:

You do realize a last place sched is almost identical to a 1st place sched nowadays? There are only 2 games determined by the previous year.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

So? The bottom line is we have 1 Championship, you have just one more than us and all 3 of them happened over 30 years ago.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

How does it feel to know when you get to the playoffs you'll get humiliated?

FinfanInBuffalo said:

OK I'll buy that but what do you get from a "winning season"? The facts are we've been alot closer to a Championship than you guys in the last decade. You haven't been close to a SB since 1985, we were close in '98. you haven't been clsoe to an AFC Title Game since 1994, we were close 2 years ago.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

We lost by 13 points, you can times 13 by 4 and still not get to the gap btw Miami and Jax in jan '00.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

we were IN the game in the 4th qtr, we were only down 7 and it was on the ROAD. You were smoked twice at HOME and weren't in either game.

cnc66 said:
hahahahaha...ownage !

get ON um FFIB !!!

Ownage??? and even when we do suck we still beat you guys and we know for sure you aren't winning a championship either as back in the old dayas when you used to make the playoffs you were always humiliated.

nyjunc said:
Ownage??? and even when we do suck we still beat you guys and we know for sure you aren't winning a championship either as back in the old dayas when you used to make the playoffs you were always humiliated.

and rightfully so...we didn't really win our way in...we backed in because someone lost. We will see how you fare against a real coach...you might want to get all your shots in now...you won't be able to after we get going....

cnc66 said:
and rightfully so...we didn't really win our way in...we backed in because someone lost. We will see how you fare against a real coach...you might want to get all your shots in now...you won't be able to after we get going....

When did you back in? You are saying Shula and Jimmy Johnson weren't good coaches? You are saying Saban is better than both of them? You were humiliated w/ both coaches.

nyjunc said:
When did you back in? You are saying Shula and Jimmy Johnson weren't good coaches? You are saying Saban is better than both of them? You were humiliated w/ both coaches.

oh stop son of Kotite... the end of Shula's carreer was a disaster, Jimmy was a skunk, and his hand picked spawn sucked.

nyjunc said:
So? The bottom line is we have 1 Championship, you have just one more than us and all 3 of them happened over 30 years ago.

Do you honestly believe that 1-15 seasons don't matter? Do you sleep during the regular season and only watch playoff games?

You want to give the Jets credit for almost making the championship game, but not ding them for the 1 and 3 win seasons.

nyjunc said:
How does it feel to know when you get to the playoffs you'll get humiliated?

It feels a heck of a lot better than 1-15.

nyjunc said:
OK I'll buy that but what do you get from a "winning season"? The facts are we've been alot closer to a Championship than you guys in the last decade. You haven't been close to a SB since 1985, we were close in '98. you haven't been clsoe to an AFC Title Game since 1994, we were close 2 years ago.

close. almost. nearly......

Here is the disconnect. I am a fan of the Dolphins. I like watching them win football games. As many as possible. I hate when they lose. Last season, I got to enjoy 9 victories. You got to enjoy 4. That's 5 more Sundays that I was not pissed off.

What do I get from "winning seasons"? Enjoyable football games. Isn't that the point?

Ultimately the SB is the goal, but if the season doesn't end in a SB win, I still want the Fins to win games. You seem to think that 1-15 is the same as 10-6 and missing the playoffs by a tie breaker. I strongly disagree. I hated 2004 because the Fins were bad.

This offseason is a good example. Most Dolphins fans are optimistic. I think the Fins are a year away from serious contention, but 10 or maybe 11 wins are possible. I should enjoy more Sundays than I hate this season.

Most Jets fans are wondering how bad it will be.

nyjunc said:

JJ was the biggest douche bag in Dolphins history.

Shula was hindered by two things:

1. he wasn't a good GM
2. his loyalty to an alltime crappy DC (please do not mention his name)

At the very end, he dealt with the devil (questionable free agents) in an attempt to get a SB.

Back
Top Bottom