Funny stuff (unless you're a Jet) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny stuff (unless you're a Jet)

nyjunc said:
Yep and for all the "greatness" that is the Miami dolphins you have just ONE more Championship than us and it's been over 30 years since that time.

ONE more is um........ MORE!!!!

They have been the the SB FIVE TIMES AS MANY AS THE JETS and to the playoffs NEARLY TWICE AS OFTEN as the Jets.

nyjunc said:
excellent drafting has gotten us 2 AFC East Titles and 4 trips to postseason since '98 including an AFC Title game. Your great drafting(Yatil Greemn, JJ Johnson, Jamar Fletcher, john Avery, etc...) has gotten you just 1 AFC east title and you haven't been to the playoffs in 5 years.

Strange, the Jets "great" drafting has resulted in the same number of playoff appearances as the Fins.....it has also gotten the Jets 3 third place finishes and 2 fourth place finishes. And since 1997 (your cutoff at 1998 is just a bit biased), the Fins have been to the playoffs 5 times (sorry just 4 for the Jets) and have only finished lower than second in the division twice. The Jets have been one of the bottom two 6 times in the same time period.

That is the approach taken by Jets fans, point out the relative few successful seasons and ignore the overwhelming number of poor seasons. Must suck to be a Jets fan.

If you want to go back further, it gets pretty funny.....

FinfanInBuffalo said:
ONE more is um........ MORE!!!!

They have been the the SB FIVE TIMES AS MANY AS THE JETS and to the playoffs NEARLY TWICE AS OFTEN as the Jets.

Strange, the Jets "great" drafting has resulted in the same number of playoff appearances as the Fins.....it has also gotten the Jets 3 third place finishes and 2 fourth place finishes. And since 1997 (your cutoff at 1998 is just a bit biased), the Fins have been to the playoffs 5 times (sorry just 4 for the Jets) and have only finished lower than second in the division twice. The Jets have been one of the bottom two 6 times in the same time period.

That is the approach taken by Jets fans, point out the relative few successful seasons and ignore the overwhelming number of poor seasons. Must suck to be a Jets fan.

If you want to go back further, it gets pretty funny.....

How about we stick to the current century? Technically, 2000 belongs to the 20th century, but everybody thinks it's the start of a new millenium, so let's use 2000 as a starting point. None of the old stuff makes a difference as to how the teams will do in 2006, whether it's 1998 or 1997 or 1973.

Kinzua said:
How about we stick to the current century? Technically, 2000 belongs to the 20th century, but everybody thinks it's the start of a new millenium, so let's use 2000 as a starting point. None of the old stuff makes a difference as to how the teams will do in 2006, whether it's 1998 or 1997 or 1973.

So says the fan of a team with a grand total of one winning season this century.

So sad to be a fan of the Bills or Jets..... can't debate franchise historical success, can't debate recent seasons either.... doesn't stop them from trying though.

FinFrenzy said:
Why is jest fans will only break out certain years and not their franchise history?

So it's ok for you guys to crack out ancient history but i can't talk about what jhas happened in the past 5-10 years? OK I get it now:lol:

nyjunc said:
So it's ok for you guys to crack out ancient history but i can't talk about what jhas happened in the past 5-10 years? OK I get it now:lol:

Fine. 10 seasons it is.

5 playoff appearances for the Fins, 4 for the Jets. - Adv Fins
2 Div titles Jets, 1 Fins - Adv Jets
6 2nd place finishes Fins, 1 Jets - Adv Fins
3 Last place finishes Jets, 1 Fins - Adv Fins
90 wins Fins, 78 wins Jets - Adv Fins
7 times Fins finished higher in the standings, 3 Jets - Adv Fins
H2H 8-12 - Adv Jets

Final score - advantage MIAMI DOLPHINS

Any more questions?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Fine. 10 seasons it is.

5 playoff appearances for the Fins, 4 for the Jets. - Adv Fins
2 Div titles Jets, 1 Fins - Adv Jets
6 2nd place finishes Fins, 1 Jets - Adv Fins
3 Last place finishes Jets, 1 Fins - Adv Fins
90 wins Fins, 78 wins Jets - Adv Fins
7 times Fins finished higher in the standings, 3 Jets - Adv Fins
H2H 8-12 - Adv Jets

Final score - advantage MIAMI DOLPHINS

Any more questions?

1 AFC Title Game and 1 more div title are worth more than the 1 extra postseason berth. Alos, we nearly made 2 more AFC title Games while you guys were humiliated EVERY time you made it to the div rd and you never had a shot to make a title game.

You missed average score of playoff games:

Jets 22 Opponents 22
Miami 10 Opponents 27

Oh and the fact that Miami hasn't been to a playoff game in 5 years.

Any more questions?

and 5-10 years is really talking seasons, I noticed you included '96 but that would be 11 years. e've been a different franchise since '97.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
No, but we can compare their records.

If that floats your boat.

NYJ: 10-6 (one playoff win on the road)
MIA: 4-12

2005:
NYJ: 4-12
MIA: 9-7 (no playoffs)

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
If that floats your boat.

NYJ: 10-6 (one playoff win on the road)
MIA: 4-12

2005:
NYJ: 4-12
MIA: 9-7 (no playoffs)

BZ

Ah, another Jets' fan with a reading comprehension problem.....

nyjunc said:
1 AFC Title Game and 1 more div title are worth more than the 1 extra postseason berth.

What are the 1-15 seasons worth? :sidelol:

In the last 10 seasons the Fins finished higher in the standings 7 times and one of the times the Jets finished higher, they had the same record. The Jets have finished with a better record than the Fins only twice in the last ten seasons. The really funny part is that the last 10 seasons are probably best in Jets franchise history and 70% of the time they were still looking up at the Fins. No wonder why you are jealous.

nyjunc said:
Alos, we nearly made 2 more AFC title Games

I'll petition the NFL to track how often teams nearly do something.

nyjunc said:
Any more questions?

Yes. How to the 1-15 seasons feel? We've never had one of those.

nyjunc said:
and 5-10 years is really talking seasons, I noticed you included '96 but that would be 11 years. e've been a different franchise since '97.

Here we go with the counting seasons nonsense.....

The last 10 COMPLETED seasons date back to 1996. Count them yourself:

1. 2005
2. 2004
3. 2003
4. 2002
5. 2001
6. 2000
7. 1999
8. 1998
9. 1997

AND

10. 1996

Nice try at leaving out the 1-15 season though.

Did I mention that the Jets finished 1-15 in 1996?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
In the last 10 seasons the Fins finished higher in the standings 7 times and one of the times the Jets finished higher, they had the same record. The Jets have finished with a better record than the Fins only twice in the last ten seasons. The really funny part is that the last 10 seasons are probably best in Jets franchise history and 70% of the time they were still looking up at the Fins. No wonder why you are jealous.

We made an AFC Title Game, we won TWO division titles and we were close to 2 mroe AFC Title Games while in that span you were not close to even 1. You can have your "winning seasons" to skew records but overall we've been better(not to mention our 12-4 domination of the Dolphins head to head since 1998)

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'll petition the NFL to track how often teams nearly do something.

it's been a LONG time since you nearly made an AFC Title game.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Yes. How to the 1-15 seasons feel? We've never had one of those.

How do playoff and Super Bowl humiliations feel? We've never had one of those.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The last 10 COMPLETED seasons date back to 1996. Count them yourself

Oops, my fault. I was already counting 2006. Either way we've done better things and we've seen the postseason in recent years while it's been 5 since you did.

nyjunc said:
We made an AFC Title Game, we won TWO division titles and we were close to 2 mroe AFC Title Games while in that span you were not close to even 1. You can have your "winning seasons" to skew records but overall we've been better

Winning seasons "skew" records? The Jets have only been better if you ignore the regularly occurring tanked seasons. I guess after more than 4 decades of mostly losing seasons, that's easy to do.

Somehow in Jets fans math 81 wins is better than 93 wins.....

nyjunc said:
How do playoff and Super Bowl humiliations feel? We've never had one of those.

Really?

Jan 12 L 30-10 at Oakland Raiders
Jan 12 L 38-24 at Oakland Raiders
Jan 17 L 23-10 at Denver Broncos

That's a combined 91-44. Losses by an average of more than 2 TDs.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Ah, another Jets' fan with a reading comprehension problem.....

You might try re-reading your own post.

You said to compare last year, which I did. I added in the year before to give you a little perspective.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
You might try re-reading your own post.

You said to compare last year, which I did. I added in the year before to give you a little perspective.

BZ

No need to re-read my own post. The request to compare last season's records is pretty simple (except for Jets fans).

You added the year before because you didn't like the comparison of last year.

Winning seasons "skew" records? The Jets have only been better if you ignore the regularly occurring tanked seasons. I guess after more than 4 decades of mostly losing seasons, that's easy to do.

Somehow in Jets fans math 81 wins is better than 93 wins.....

Do you get medals for having a winning season and missing the playoffs? We did it twice since '97 and it's meaningless. I'd rather have a few lss reg season wins and win more div titles, make an AFC Title game and almost make 2 more than the annual humiliations you guys used to go through when you used to make the playoffs.

Really?

Jan 12 L 30-10 at Oakland Raiders
Jan 12 L 38-24 at Oakland Raiders
Jan 17 L 23-10 at Denver Broncos

That's a combined 91-44. Losses by an average of more than 2 TDs.

Not one of those gams was over by halftime unlike a ton of dolphin playoff losses.

The '01 38-24 loss we were down by 7 and Oak had a 3rd and long, if we stopped them we get the ball back w/ time to tie it but Charlie Garner broke a long run and the game ended up 38-24.

The '02 30-10 loss was a 10-10 game in the final minutes of the 3rd qtr until an INT changed momentum.

The 23-10 AFC title Game we were up 10-0 in the 3rd qtr and we were w/in striking distance most of the 4th qtr.

Nice try though. humiliation is 24-3 in SB VI, 38-16 in SB XIX, 31-14 in the '85 AFC Title game at HOME, 29-10 in the '92 AFC title game at HOME, 38-3 to Den in '98, 62-7 to Jax in '99, 27-0 to Oak in '00.

Back
Top Bottom