Game thoughts- Jets @ Fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game thoughts- Jets @ Fins

We also got into the endzone depsite the first TD being called back- that was impressive IMO. Lots of times I could see us settling for a FG there
Agreed. First play after the penalty, getting 10 yards was huge. It was a small play but it definitely helped us win.

Moore came in and played well, but I tell you guys this, every time our QBs dropped back to pass, I held my heart in my hand, because these guys were under pressure from the beginning of the game. I got a bad feeling that our Oline is going to get someone killed out there if they don't clean it up. The Jets seem to get home with either a sack or QB pressure every time they blitz us. That being said......a good win for the Dolphins today.

I can’t get over how well Jesse Davis played in place of Tunsil. The whole offense sparked once Moore came in. Jesse Davis even played some DT on the goal line and I think got credited for a tackle? The defense made the jets look silly in the 2nd half. They couldn’t get out of their way from the middle of the 3rd quarter until the end of the game. This team is like the cardiac kids? Or the Grit Iron Gang? They never give up.

It was the perfect moment for the Cutler injury to happen and Matt Moore is in his element and is the energy the entire team needed to gut out this win.

I expect him to start Thursday at Baltimore . . . and then a decision will be made on the QB position based on that performance and Cutler's injury.

No gameplan, tired defense and an aggressive mindset verses a team that he owns. . . that was a Matt Moore pin set up and he knocked him down. Dolphins Legend.
The way he plays the Jets he needs a damn statue at the stadium..He can be handing Marino a drink or something, but he needs a statue.

I can’t get over how well Jesse Davis played in place of Tunsil. The whole offense sparked once Moore came in. Jesse Davis even played some DT on the goal line and I think got credited for a tackle? The defense made the jets look silly in the 2nd half. They couldn’t get out of their way from the middle of the 3rd quarter until the end of the game. This team is like the cardiac kids? Or the Grit Iron Gang? They never give up.
I'm telling you, once this team gets talent at all positions like other great teams, Miami won't be a team to take lightly..

The HC has a system for success.

This is a huge win. We typically don’t match up well vs the Jets, Ravens or Bills the last several seasons. They tend to dominate the line play. The defense didn’t play so well until they really needed to and came up big. They could have easily quit but hung in. Obviously would never wish injury on a player but I wouldn’ mind if Smokin’ Jay is out Thursday.

I'm telling you, once this team gets talent at all positions like other great teams, Miami won't be a team to take lightly..

The HC has a system for success.
You damn right....

Matt Moore did what he does. He adds an energy. The offense looks better with him

Moore played with confidence and stood in the pocket....knowing he was going to take a beating. You have to love that in him. The offense also opened up significantly with Moore at QB and it looked like the entire playbook was an option.

Those mentioning the improvement in o-line play when Davis replaced Tunsil are correct....you could see it.

Props to the defense late in the game, they came up big.

What an exciting game and an exciting win!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom