Garnett to Boston | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garnett to Boston

And I should take credence in what you say.... why?

What makes you think you know? :lol:

Nice argument let me try.

And I should take credence in what YOU say... why?

What makes you think you know? :lol:

Hey, that was pretty easy.

The realization is in the fact that the C's got 3 All-stars who can play 38 minutes+ a game. You don't need an other-wordly bench when you got the big 3... You gotta have a bench of guys who know their roles.. and the Celtics have those guys!

The realization is in the fact that the C's got 3 All-stars who can play 38 minutes+ a game. You don't need an other-wordly bench when you got the big 3... You gotta have a bench of guys who know their roles.. and the Celtics have those guys!

We'll have to pick this up come playoff time.

I'm not sure about that.. I think through the 2nd half of the season you will see an insurgance of Leon Powe w/ Glen Davis & Perk pretty much holding the big man spot down. We shall see.

Well..I am pretty sure about it.

The Celtics get dominated ont he boards very often in the 4th quarter, especially against teams with lengthy front lines.

it is a given that Ray, KG, and Pierce will be in down the stretch...but Doc Rivers has a tendency to go small and extend KG to the foul line. All that does is give up the block to the opposing teams center. I understand that Posey is a closer...we loved him down here, but with pierce and Posey, you have two guys that sit the wing and crash the board on angles. Thus why the rebounding defecit.

In this league..you win in the 4th quarter with rebounding and defense.

The Celts need to be out there on the prowl for a rebounder/defender.

Well..I am pretty sure about it.

The Celtics get dominated ont he boards very often in the 4th quarter, especially against teams with lengthy front lines.

it is a given that Ray, KG, and Pierce will be in down the stretch...but Doc Rivers has a tendency to go small and extend KG to the foul line. All that does is give up the block to the opposing teams center. I understand that Posey is a closer...we loved him down here, but with pierce and Posey, you have two guys that sit the wing and crash the board on angles. Thus why the rebounding defecit.

In this league..you win in the 4th quarter with rebounding and defense.

The Celts need to be out there on the prowl for a rebounder/defender.

Good post. Gives me food for thought.. The C's do play for transition generally rather than crashing the boards, so that might be the reason why you see a defecit in the 4th Q... I can't find the stats but I'd be interested to see OPP FG% in the 4th Q..

Right right right right.. like when they went out west the last week of December right after the Christmas holiday and wheeled off 4 straight wins in FIVE DAYS AT Sacramento AT Seattle, AT Utah and then AT L.A.... Or when they won AT Detroit by 8 points or schooled Orlando by 12 and Chicago by 25, reeeeaaal buzzer beaters.

Wow. What a joke and homer response.

Detroit also beat Boston earlier in the year, and Orlando "schooled" them as well.

Why not make reference to going down 0-2 to Washington? :lol:

I don't think defeating Orlando is an accomplishment though. Even in the playoffs.

I am AMAZED at "AT Sac" & "AT Seattle" as if Seattle isn't one of the three worse teams in basketball, and Sacramento isn't way under .500 as well. Those two teams are a combined 26-53. Utah has struggled a ton as well -- even Miami dominated them for 48 minutes. THE ONLY IMPRESSIVE wins were against Detroit & LAL, and I actually watched those games. I watch most Heat games, most Lakers games, a ton of Warriors games. Next up on the list, I'd say that whenever Boston plays a good team, I tune in. I've been somewhat impressed so far, but it's WAY TOO EARLY to brag about "proving haters wrong"

LIKE I SAID,

Until Boston survives a TOUGH road swing out West, then the jury is still out. Even then, it's STILL REGULAR SEASON BASKETBALL. Even if Boston's conference record was undefeated, I wouldn't be impressed. The Eastern Conference has TWO GOOD BASKETBALL TEAMS.

Detroit also beat Boston earlier in the year, and Orlando "schooled" them as well.

I don't think defeating Orlando is an accomplishment though. Even in the playoffs.

I am AMAZED at "AT Sac" & "AT Seattle" as if Seattle isn't one of the three worse teams in basketball, and Sacramento isn't way under .500 as well. Those two teams are a combined 26-53. Utah has struggled a ton as well -- even Miami dominated them for 48 minutes. THE ONLY IMPRESSIVE wins were against Detroit & LAL, and I actually watched those games. I watch most Heat games, most Lakers games, a ton of Warriors games. Next up on the list, I'd say that whenever Boston plays a good team, I tune in. I've been somewhat impressed so far, but it's WAY TOO EARLY to brag about "proving haters wrong"

LIKE I SAID,

Until Boston survives a TOUGH road swing out West, then the jury is still out. Even then, it's STILL REGULAR SEASON BASKETBALL. Even if Boston's conference record was undefeated, I wouldn't be impressed. The Eastern Conference has TWO GOOD BASKETBALL TEAMS.

Proving the haters wrong day by day, and I'm lovvving it..

To rebutt this would just be rehashing my first post and I don't care enough to do that! My C's are rollling.. Im'a just sit back and enjoy.. :beer1:

LIKE I SAID,

Orlando won by 2, lost by 12. Who schooled who?

Detroit won by 2, lost by 8? I believe, who schooled who?

Doesn't matter the teams you play, 4 games in 5 nights on the other coast... Thats excellent.

The two worst games Celtics played all year, and lost by 5 and 7? Yeah, damn they got *** raped... :err:

Doesn't matter the teams you play, 4 games in 5 nights on the other coast... Thats excellent.

The two worst games Celtics played all year, and lost by 5 and 7? Yeah, damn they got *** raped... :err:
Was going to respond but you took the words out of my mouth. I guess the only way to prove the haters wrong is to play every game on the west coast with no breaks, win by 50 every night and win the championship uncontested. I mean its not like they have the best record in the league, a top 5 MVP candidate and win most games by double digit points.:wink:

Terrible response, IMO.

Who gives a damn how much they win or lose by? If a team beats you by 2, and you beat them by 200 -- what's the score sheet say? 1-1. Winning is winning and losing is losing. Nobody cares how much you win or lose by. That's quite irrelevant in professional sports.

When you have 3 All-Stars, you should never be blown out. Of course.

But you shouldn't lose 2 straight to the Arenas-less Wizards either.

Was going to respond but you took the words out of my mouth. I guess the only way to prove the haters wrong is to play every game on the west coast with no breaks, win by 50 every night and win the championship uncontested. I mean its not like they have the best record in the league, a top 5 MVP candidate and win most games by double digit points.:wink:

Who is a hater?

Ray Allen = One of King's 5-10 favorite hoopers ever.
KG = One of King's 15-20 favorite hoopers ever.
Paul Pierce = Not up there, but has always commanded my respect.
James Posey = One of my favorite Heat players ever.
Rajon Rondon = My pick for steal of the draft a few years ago, BEFORE KG/Allen.
Doc Rivers = One of my favorite basketball personalities ever.

There is no reason to hate at all.

If Boston wins the title, actually, I'll be HAPPY for the players/coach listed above.

I just don't like the fact that people are overrating a team that hasn't proved much of all thus far. The regular season in the NBA is pretty irrelevant. Having a great record in the Weakstern Conference is irrelevant as well. I mean, Boston's first true test is going to come in the Eastern Conference Finals for Christ's sake, barring injury. Whoever emerges out West will probably have 3 tough series to overcome. With that said, they should also be the most well rested team in the playoffs.......

Terrible response, IMO.

Who gives a damn how much they win or lose by? If a team beats you by 2, and you beat them by 200 -- what's the score sheet say? 1-1. Winning is winning and losing is losing. Nobody cares how much you win or lose by. That's quite irrelevant in professional sports.

When you have 3 All-Stars, you should never be blown out. Of course.

But you shouldn't lose 2 straight to the Arenas-less Wizards either.

Who is a hater?

Ray Allen = One of King's 5-10 favorite hoopers ever.
KG = One of King's 15-20 favorite hoopers ever.
Paul Pierce = Not up there, but has always commanded my respect.
James Posey = One of my favorite Heat players ever.
Rajon Rondon = My pick for steal of the draft a few years ago, BEFORE KG/Allen.
Doc Rivers = One of my favorite basketball personalities ever.

There is no reason to hate at all.

If Boston wins the title, actually, I'll be HAPPY for the players/coach listed above.

I just don't like the fact that people are overrating a team that hasn't proved much of all thus far. The regular season in the NBA is pretty irrelevant. Having a great record in the Weakstern Conference is irrelevant as well. I mean, Boston's first true test is going to come in the Eastern Conference Finals for Christ's sake, barring injury. Whoever emerges out West will probably have 3 tough series to overcome. With that said, they should also be the most well rested team in the playoffs.......

You want to call us homers, bandwagoners? Fine.

You are so full of yourself that you think that what you say is law. It's not. You bold out and emphasize "weakstern conference" like its news to everybody. There's no use debating ppl like you. No one is "overrating" the team. The Celtics are what they are at this point in the season, (which is all we have to go by) one of the top 2-3 teams in the league. Period. You are the definition of a hater, no matter what you type in a text box. The tone you take says it all. Just look at your title and avatar, it reaks of jealousy. Get over it.

Nice way to turn a basketball conversation into something personal -- shows your true emotions, which are shameful, IMO. You mad?

First of all, where the hell did I call anyone in here a bandwagon fan? Please learn how to read. Second, full of myself and I think that what I say is the law? Why is that? Is it because I believe in my own damn opinion? I could say the same about you, but it's not going to make me sleep better or worse at night so what does it matter? Maybe it works for you though, so hats off.

I am the definition of a hater? You don't have common sense if you call me a hater. I have never wished anything against the Boston Celtics. In fact, I've openly admitted thousands of times that I'd pull for guys like KG, Ray Allen, James Posey, Paul Pierce, Doc Rivers, etc. as long as they're not playing against my Heat or a team led by one of my favorite players. This is the second time I've said something and you've completely ignored it. Sorry for being rude, but I must ask the question again -- ARE YOU BLIND????

Also, if there's no use "debating people like me" then don't reply. Simply sit back without responding to anything I have to say. If I'm difficult in a debate, then that's props to me. That's the point of a "debate" -- holding your stance and making it difficult for the opposition to overcome your point(s). Winners know that, losers don't. Simply put.

& lol @ making reference to my former avatar and title. Care to have a sense of humor? It's just like you having a New York Giants logo in your avatar. You are showing who you are rooting for to win the Super Bowl (don't tell me you're also a Giants fan either). I'm doing the same yet taking a less serious approach. FYI, I changed my avatar/title to piss off a Pats troll on here. Know the situation, or don't speak on it.

EDIT: I'm even more wow'ed at the "TONE" I take. As if we're speaking in person. I'm amazed.

Back
Top Bottom