Garnett to Boston | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garnett to Boston

Haha funny reading all the posts before the season started. The Celtics being a 5th to 8th seed haha and having no defense, nice to see the haters proved wrong.

Haha funny reading all the posts before the season started. The Celtics being a 5th to 8th seed haha and having no defense, nice to see the haters proved wrong.

You didn't see me saying anything. My prediction from my deleted thread was Boston as the #2 seed, Detroit as the #1. I got Boston losing in the ECF.

There is a massive difference between "winning" and "won".

The Celts need to pull a deadline deal for a big body.

Let's wait until April-June, shall we?

Boston should run through rounds one & two and face their first challenge in the Conference Finals provided they stay healthy, along with Detroit. As disgusting as that sounds, it's pretty much known at the moment since the East sucks beyond the top 2 teams.

Anything less than a title is still a FAILURE for Boston in 2007-2008.

The mass overhaul wasn't intended to become "relevant" again.

The idea was and still is to win a title. Nothing more, nothing less.

Boston should run through rounds one & two and face their first challenge in the Conference Finals provided they stay healthy, along with Detroit. As disgusting as that sounds, it's pretty much known at the moment since the East sucks beyond the top 2 teams.

They still have proved all of the haters wrong to this point, some people only had them winning 45-50 games in the Eastern Conference. They should cruise through the first two rounds of the playoffs barring injury and then the real series starts when they will likely play Detroit in the ECF.

Less than a title is a failure? WRONG! Celtics fans don't consider this opinion to be true at all. These guys have 4 years.. Anything less than an ECF series is a failure but anything above that is a bonus!

It's definitely too early to go crazy w/bragging rights w/this team butit did shut the haters that thought it would take half a season to get used to playing w/each other up.. Talking ish about the individual stars and such..

No bench. No Championship. It will be interesting to see if the Celtic can get to the finals on the back of the Big3.

No bench. No Championship. It will be interesting to see if the Celtic can get to the finals on the back of the Big3.

What do you know about the C's bench? Methinks not much.. The C's actually have a very good bench.. I've seen the bench carry this team to a win on more than a few occasions.

Less than a title is a failure? WRONG! Celtics fans don't consider this opinion to be true at all. These guys have 4 years.. Anything less than an ECF series is a failure but anything above that is a bonus!

It's definitely too early to go crazy w/bragging rights w/this team butit did shut the haters that thought it would take half a season to get used to playing w/each other up.. Talking ish about the individual stars and such..
No offense, but honestly, no one gives a damn about the standards held by Celtics fans. We're talking NBA standards. When you mortgage the entire future and bring in two All-Stars (MOST LIKELY the league MVP in one, btw) to go along with your current All-Star, then sorry......anything less than a title is year one FAILURE. It doesn't mean that the opportunity won't be there in 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. When Miami traded for Shaq and missed out against Detroit in the ECF, I called that a failure. I'd call it the same way if Boston loses to Detroit or in the Finals.

Also, no @ paragraph two as well. Pretty much everyone said that the Celtics were built for at least the regular season. It's how they handle the playoffs that was in serious question before the season began. I don't know why anyone would be surprised that a team led by KG, Ray Allen, & Paul Pierce is off to 32-6 start in the WEAKSTERN Conference.

It's not like Boston has survived a tough trip out West yet.......they're beating up on weak teams and winning close or losing close against solid teams, basically. Not their fault of course.

No offense, but honestly, no one gives a damn about the standards held by Celtics fans. We're talking NBA standards. When you mortgage the entire future and bring in two All-Stars (MOST LIKELY the league MVP in one, btw) to go along with your current All-Star, then sorry......anything less than a title is year one FAILURE. It doesn't mean that the opportunity won't be there in 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. When Miami traded for Shaq and missed out against Detroit in the ECF, I called that a failure. I'd call it the same way if Boston loses to Detroit or in the Finals. .

Yeah? Well all I care about is the standard held by myself and the rest of the CELTICS fanbase. I could care more about National media perception and/or especially other teams' fans' perception. At the end of the day and at the end of the season w/ a trip to the ECF in an ECF series that goes to 7 games, will satisfy my requirements for a successful FIRST season for this brand new team. I personally think that the team WILL go all the way, but I realize that there are too many good, hungry teams to assume that it will happen. This team has been irrelevent and mediocre for FAR too long and I am not that greedy of a person to be dissapointed if the team doesn't win a championship this season..

Also, no @ paragraph two as well. Pretty much everyone said that the Celtics were built for at least the regular season. It's how they handle the playoffs that was in serious question before the season began. I don't know why anyone would be surprised that a team led by KG, Ray Allen, & Paul Pierce is off to 32-6 start in the WEAKSTERN Conference.

There were many haters, saying that the individluas would be ball hogs, they wouldn't play well together, Doc Rivers is a terrible coach, they won't play good defense, that the bench would be terrible... ALL WRONG up until this point, ALL WRONG.

It's not like Boston has survived a tough trip out West yet.......they're beating up on weak teams and winning close or losing close against solid teams, basically. Not their fault of course.

Right right right right.. like when they went out west the last week of December right after the Christmas holiday and wheeled off 4 straight wins in FIVE DAYS AT Sacramento AT Seattle, AT Utah and then AT L.A.... Or when they won AT Detroit by 8 points or schooled Orlando by 12 and Chicago by 25, reeeeaaal buzzer beaters.

What do you know about the C's bench? Methinks not much.. The C's actually have a very good bench.. I've seen the bench carry this team to a win on more than a few occasions.

Please. The Celtics bench sucks. Period. That will be more evident come the playoffs. In order to have a chance at the title, they'll have to get another player, particularly at point. Someone like Cassell perhaps. If they stand pat they ain't gonna win jack.

Please. The Celtics bench sucks. Period. That will be more evident come the playoffs. In order to have a chance at the title, they'll have to get another player, particularly at point. Someone like Cassell perhaps. If they stand pat they ain't gonna win jack.

Eddie "Don't Leave The" House, Big Game James, Big Baby, Tony Allen *as long as he doesn't drive the ball. Leon Powe.

There bench is fine, they can sub out 2 of the big 3, while keeping one in there and run away with games.

Haters will always Hate.

Eddie "Don't Leave The" House, Big Game James, Big Baby, Tony Allen *as long as he doesn't drive the ball. Leon Powe.

There bench is fine, they can sub out 2 of the big 3, while keeping one in there and run away with games.

Haters will always Hate.

And homers will always "home". Wait til the playoffs, you'll see how good your bench is if they do not make a significant move.

And I should take credence in what you say.... why?

What makes you think you know? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom